Poll: What is your opinion on the WOD LFR gear sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Cool LFR WOD sets, Love it, Hate it?

What do you guys think of the new WOD lfr gear? Personally, I could see my priest really using some of the pieces of the WOD lfr gear. The shoulders don't fit cause it looks too much like leather, but there is a cool Ulduar shoulder that works perfect with them. The helms across the board, no good on female belves.

The mail, some of the pieces could work with my hunter.

The belt designs is pretty cool if they could make them a bit smaller on some of them. The shoulders IMO on all sets are too large for my taste, won't be mogging them into my toons.

The plate set, not really my taste, not a fan of gear looking too much like rocks, but it could work depending on what you are going for.

Cloth set
    leather set
    Mail set
    Plate set
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2014-04-28 at 07:33 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lopsided asymmetry of the leather offends my design sensibilities. Some of the gear looks quite bland as well. Though i suppose that is at least better than the bizarre patchwork look going on through most of Panda.

[Edit]

I really wish they would stop using Human males in the model viewer previews. Everything looks like shit on Human males.

[Edit 2]

FFS Blizzard, stop with the broken horn crap. Give us properly badass helmets. *Shakes fist angrily*
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-04-28 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love them because they don't look great. Gives people an incentive to get real epics à la normal/heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The lopsided asymmetry of the leather offends my design sensibilities. Some of the gear looks quite bland as well. Though i suppose that is at least better than the bizarre patchwork look going on through most of Panda.

[Edit]

I really wish they would stop using Human males in the model viewer previews. Everything looks like shit on Human males.
    They have a variety of models as options, and yes, the human males don't look good in most of them. I would settle for maybe human female?

They all look meh. Which is fine since it goes with the design philosophy of 'if they dont like it, mog it!'

I find them ugly, but I am more concerned that most of the leaked armor and weapons I've seen appear to feature low-res artwork. Is that a result of how the images are captured?

15+ Year Old Account
    I love that I hate them

Sort of gives a cosmetic reward to putting in the effort to run normal/hc/mystic, which is a much better way of doing it than removing gear upgrades from LFR.

I still think that this is like the Mogushan Vaults/Timeless Isle set.

While the LFR mail set is great for a hunter, the wrath pvp sets had that ranger feel to them so it isn't entirely unique. While it doesn't fit a shaman, it is good if you want hunter-like gear as a shaman.

Cloth gear seems like it only fits Orcs. (However it fits them well)

Leather gear I like. It seems to be Arrakoan inspired and is probably the easiest monk-like armor a rogue can get. (And yes, I know the majority dislike it.)

Plate gear is probably the the most "epic" of the LFR armor (as in it looks close to the quality of raid armor) though I'll never understand the attraction of broken horn helms.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt the bland armor sets at WoD launch will have been replaced by sets covered head to toe in straps, glowy bits, and florescent tassels by the middle of the second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Looks like some random green set... only worse.
    Dat shoulder... I wouldn't put this on my character even if they remove transmog and the stats would be BiS. That's how ugly that looks.

Also, the belt... Return of the Codpiece Belts?
    Did rogues get mail armor or something? It doesn't even look like mail armor... Other then that, same as cloth; random green set with little to no appeal to it.
    Take them horns and shove 'm where the sun don't shine. Why does it seem impossible for most MMO designers to design a plate armor set that actually looks like a practical suit of armor instead of hammering down the 'OMG! LOOK AT MY SPIKEY SUIT OF ARMOR THAT WILL MOST LIKELY KILL ME IF I MOVE IN IT!'-look.

Each of these sets feel like they spent a grand total of 5 minutes thinking up a (flawed) concept and about an hour designing it.

So, in summary; they all suck major amounts of ass in my opinion.

They all look awful, and I love the fact that they do.

The Cloth set looks like it's leather, the leather set looks like it's mail. The mail set.... looks ok. I'd like more consistent coloration with less in the way of clashing, but still. The plate set looks #SAVAGEOMG as expected.

I'm glad to see that LFR gear will not only delineate differently between "tourist" raider gear and legitimate raid gear, but offer some different and intriguing options for the armor sets. I'm already curious to see how my Darnassian Huntress character will look in that purple mail set, perhaps with a piece or two swapped out.

Don't really care about the look of the armor but absolutely love the philosophy behind LFR and other raids gear separation. Incredible improvement.

They all look underwhelming, but I think it's fitting for a raid difficulty that requires next to no effort.

Surely the mail and leather are being mislabeled...The one listed as mail looks like leather and the one listed as leather looks like it should be mail. I don't care for the look of the one they are calling leather with the shoulder thing that looks like they forgot this isn't MoP anymore but otherwise they're no different from any of the other armor we've seen coming out: simple and with minimal colors.

And before someone comes along and complains about "clown armor" in vanilla and tbc, if so many people really hated the look of that gear, then why do we see so many people choosing those sets to transmog?

Someone needs to combine the cloth armor with http://mop.wowhead.com/item=21499 and a male Tauren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Surely the mail and leather are being mislabeled...The one listed as mail looks like leather and the one listed as leather looks like it should be mail. I don't care for the look of the one they are calling leather with the shoulder thing that looks like they forgot this isn't MoP anymore but otherwise they're no different from any of the other armor we've seen coming out: simple and with minimal colors.

And before someone comes along and complains about "clown armor" in vanilla and tbc, if so many people really hated the look of that gear, then why do we see so many people choosing those sets to transmog?
    Well, first off, the point of this armor is to be unimpressive.

2nd: people don't always transmog for looks. They do so for other reasons. For example: all those people who transmog T6 sets but use the belt and boots from Sunwell even though they don't match at all. They just see the word "GronnStalker" (or whatever) and want it without realizing which pieces actually fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the cloth looks like a hobo. The leather looks like plate. The mail looks like a ninja. And the plate looks like a generic Warrior tier.

I think they all stink :s

Deleted
    They all suck = i love them so badly finaly lfr casuals will ahve to do something for better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    They all suck = i love them so badly finaly lfr casuals will ahve to do something for better gear.
    I do not understand this kind of attitude. Why does it matter so much to you?