Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How would you feel about a First Aid combat resurrection?

What it says on the tin, basically. Since we've already got Bloodlust from leatherworking (albeit a 25% buff, opposed to the 30% class buff), do you think it would be a good idea to give First Aid, or possibly a different profession, a combat rez? If yes, should there be a penalty like the -5% on Bloodlust? Thematically, it makes sense for First Aid to have a combat rez. Gameplay-wise, it goes well with Blizzard's philosophy of "Bring the player, not the class", and would actually give a common use to one of the least used professions in the game.

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Classes that can Brez -

DK
    Druid
    Lock
    Hpaly (w/druid symbosis)
    Hunter w/quilen pet
    and ill count the shammy reincarnate

I do not think the first aid idea will work, It would probably fit better into some elixir a alch can make. Pour the elixir onto a dead ally to res them or something.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Classes that can Brez -

DK
    Druid
    Lock
    Hpaly (w/druid symbosis)
    Hunter w/quilen pet

I do not think the first aid idea will work, It would probably fit better into some elixir a alch can make. Pour the elixir onto a dead ally to res them or something.
    And keep in mind that only 2 of those are instant and only 2 get you back to 100% HP. Also, I don't think Reincarnation counts towards the resurrection limit [citation needed].
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Make it a relatively expensive consumable (circa 40g) and I'm sold.

Nice idea, Thirteen.

I can't remember - can the engineering res be used in combat? If not I think changing that would make more sense than adding it to another profession.

Engineering rez (gnomish army knife or goblin jumper cables) can not be used in combat. The idea is interesting but I guarantee you some 'first aid pro' would use the last rez on a crappy dps just before one of the tanks died.
    Last edited by hutchzilla; 2014-04-30 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In Warlords engineers can also create a combat resurrection consumable which has no profession requirement. (Disclaimer: beta is beta)
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Right now, first aid is pretty much worthless in any context other than world PVP. This would actually make it worthwhile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't change much as there's still a limited number of BR in boss fights, but I'm sad that everyone will have access to it in WoD. More homogenization. 4 classes has it, that's more than enough and that way it is now the BR of different classes has it's own flavor. We don't need another identical button for every single class to do the exact same job in the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Wouldn't change much as there's still a limited number of BR in boss fights, but I'm sad that everyone will have access to it in WoD. More homogenization. 4 classes has it, that's more than enough and that way it is now the BR of different classes has it's own flavor. We don't need another identical button for every single class to do the exact same job in the exact same way.
    "Class flavor" in this game is a long-dead concept. Remember when paladins had Exorcism that only worked on undead and was a guaranteed critical strike? I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty much the laziest person ever when it comes to secondary professions. I have one max archaelogist (And I could EASILY have gotten realm first of it if I cared) one like...wotlk max fisher, and one first aid max (Rogue)

And I think this would be a great idea. I still would not level first aid though.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    In that case everyone will be combat rezing. First of all, it would be pretty annoying to (on average) always have to kill someone twice in an arena. Second of all, I think that combat the combat resurrect spell is considered into class balancing. Having a first aid combat rez might slightly lower some classes' pvp effectiveness. Not sure about the second one, though. It might be an insignificant difference in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I think it is too strong/mandatory for a secondary profession. Maybe normal Rez though.
    Pretty much this.

What it could work as would be a survival cooldown (not a ridonculously good one though).

Deleted
    err no becayse it would spoil the balance between a res being a special talent from certain classes or letting everyone have it, which unbalances the game down the road to easy street.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    And keep in mind that only 2 of those are instant and only 2 get you back to 100% HP. Also, I don't think Reincarnation counts towards the resurrection limit [citation needed].
    Nope, Reincarnation doesn't count towards the rezz limit.

I think this is a good idea. I mean why not! But might be better off as a normal ress, save time between wipes and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    I like the idea of secondary professions giving bonuses because they're available to everyone but I don't think combat res is the answer.

Give it a 4 second cast time that resurrects the player with 1% hp. Would be a lot worse than a standard brez because you have to physically run over and cast it, but it would still be a lot better than nothing. I like the idea that First Aid could give something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Classes that can Brez -

DK
    Druid
    Lock
    Hpaly (w/druid symbosis)
    Hunter w/quilen pet

Not sure this list is completely fair.

4 Classes can Battle Res and this is stretching it since the Hunter has to be BM (and have a Quillen) to do it.

Holy Paladins can only Battle Res if there's a Druid in the group, kind of ironic since the Druid would bring a Battle Res regardless, so I don't think it's fair to include Paladins on that list either.

Shamans also can only 'Battle Res' themselves (this doesn't count towards the BR limit for someone that asked in a different post) so this isn't fair to count as a Battle Res either.

So, on the grounds that only 3-4 classes can effectively BR, I'd say this is actually a good idea and gets my vote!

Being in a group that lacks a BR is extremely daunting (as little as it happens).

You could simply make it a worse version, something like a 5 second cast that BR's with 10% HP and Mana, that way 'true' Battle Res's would still be vastly superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat res? No. I think it should have had a non-combat res all along. Like in the linen stages. Add in a long-ass cooldown like 4 hours and there would be no exploiting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Spell no.
    Consumable, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff