Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    As an AH professional who pulled over 65 Million Gold ouf of the AH with my main AH char, I will share my "advices" that are just common knowledge:
    - prepare to cancel and relist your stuff as often as possible
    - use tools. While I dislike TSM, it is a powerfull tool to cover the gem, enchanting and glyph market
    - get a Dis/Enchanter
    - get a Jewelcrafter
    - start the Ore Shuffle
    - get rich

Everyone can become a wow Millionare but not all players will. It depends on your time, your passion and nerves to cover the markets, especially in prime time.
    On my high pop server, I am able to net 100-200K gold on Wednesdays. Yes, pure profit.
    I might be extremely dumb, but I don't see the reason for this - people say that you should DE greens from your farm instead of vendoring it - why is that so? Let's say that after 4-5 hours of farming I get a ton of greens from MOP that I can either sell to vendor for around 15g each or DE them and get spirit dust worth 3-4g each item.

I might be getting it all wrong, but last time I checked 15gx50 is more than 4gx50... so why? I obviously know that old items with arcane dust, infinite dusts are having their vendor values lower, and that it's much more profitable to DE them and sell the mats(1-2 dusts for like 10g depending on your realm), but what about mop? Why DE and not just vendor for bigger money?

Ore shuffle, as in buy trillium ores and sell bars, if profitable? Buy bars, cut gems, sell?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-05-03 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosirog View Post
    My mates and I frequently sell 2 double challenge mode carries (two people at once).. Roughly for 100k-120k a person and net at least 120k carrier in roughly 2-2 and a half hours.

That being said you have to be good at what you do and know a handful of other talented players. If that is the case I believe selling challenges modes is easily the best way to farm gold.
    It's pretty damn impressive being able to carry 2 people in CMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's pretty damn impressive being able to carry 2 people in CMs.
    Not this late in an expansion, it isn't. It was impressive back when challenge modes were first introduced, but right now the amount of gem sockets in your gear has most likely doubled, if not tripled - I don't have the numbers to prove that right now, but it's pretty much obvious that the amount of gem sockets in SOO gear is damn high. Go for a monk tank, disci priest as a healer/dps hybrid, get a hunter/mage/shaman as your core DPS and you can carry people, assuming you know these cms by heart and can pull the absolute best DPS possible on that ilvl. BIS setup in BIS gear... that's a lot of DPS to be done, even if only by 3 people.

You'd think that being like 581 and being 581 BIS isn't that much of a difference, but oh my, it is huge. It's the same with BIS setups equipped in BIS gear for challenge modes & a great amount of skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Ore shuffle, as in buy trillium ores and sell bars, if profitable? Buy bars, cut gems, sell?
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kVgVDbL4K8...f+pandaria.png
    The picture left out cutting the blue/rare gems, but it sums it up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by brokendevice View Post
    100k a month is easy if you put your energy into it. I usually make about 50-100k a week when I'm really into it. But thats with a whole lot of farming and a whole bunch of professions at my disposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    ^ What he said, 100k isn't alot if you work 1 month for it.
    This is so false. I do the same things everyone else says they do, as much as they do and im lucky to make 30k a month, and im on a high pop realm.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This is so false. I do the same things everyone else says they do, as much as they do and im lucky to make 30k a month, and im on a high pop realm.
    pretty much this. The game is too loaded with self sufficient players due to free alts.

Deleted
    Not sure if it's relevant because I'm on high pop PVE realm with population 98% concentrated on one faction.

Still, I made 1.9 million clear profit in last 7 months so I'm in 300k/month ballpark (or 75k a week). This is average as I took some breaks as well as had 200k/week bursts during early 5.4. And I made this gold using only 2 professions - JC and Alchemy (Transmutation Master).

Out of 8,800,000g worth of sales, 1,4 million is uncut primal diamond alone. It is high demand item, required 5 of these each time a player gets a helmet upgrade. Sold almost 6000 primal diamonds in about 200 days so you can guess it's about 30 primal diamonds per day.

The power of this type of gold making is selling literally thousands of gems. I have ~6000 of each red cut, ~5000 of each yellow cut and 1000-4000 of orange and green cuts sold. That's like 100,000 gems in 200 days or 500 gems per day. Sounds about right as I repost 2-3 times a day and each time pull out 150+ messages from the mailbox. I have other characters - namely 2 other alchemists (flask and potion), tailor, enchanter and 2 inscriptions. The darkmoon trinkets still sell well (4-7k gold each) as they are BIS CM trinkets. Costing 1500 gold to make, they make solid profit each darkmoon fairy - having 60 scrolls of wisdom per month surely adds a fair bit to that gold acquired stat. Not to mention hunting AH for <200g cards to buy-out.

Still, this is long-haul goldmaking and requires in-depth expertise of your realm market, competition on your friend list and lots LOTS of buying the mats & processing them. Rookie goldmaker just reading up the "shuffle" guide won't be able to make out that much profit as experienced goblin.

I'm a bit worried for gold making in WOD as this expansion aims to remove high-demand items like gems. They will be rare and high population server offers only small percentage of profit margin. Sometimes the end product is equal or less of the crafting cost, which is a shame. Stripping me of ability to sell 1000 items at 20g profit each per day, greatly reduces my gold making potential. I will have to research something new. Utilizing professions to its full potential, maybe some farming. Or just doing nothing as I have gold cap and ALL tcg mounts collected.

Might be different now, but at the end of WOTLK I made 100k in 20 days by farming herbs and ore 8-10 hours a day. I had never played the AH and was very insecure about gold, but I set my mind to it since I wanted to buy the Crimson Deathcharger.

IF you want those 100k badly enough, then farming your ass off might be the answer if you are not comfortable playing the AH...I'm 6 years in this game now and I still don't feel comfortable playing the AH myself <.<. I spend 1 hour per day doing farms on 13 toons which nets me a nice 20k+ every 5 days (got all professions) and I much prefer it over keeping track of the market and being in competition with others that play the AH and tries to control the markets.

But, since this is for CM modes, I doubt you'll have just 1 month to farm up before the modes go away. I've seen people selling challenge mode clears for 80k (Draenor EU) and even real money (against the rules and not safe) due to the hysteria sparked by the announcement that they're going away with a pre-WoD patch.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-05-12 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    @Fincher: sorry if my point wasn't clear enough. I wasn't trying to be condescending saying "I've done this, it's easy." It's not easy at all. My point was simply that there is currently a way of extracting quite a lot of gold for the game per hour, provided you have an aoe-strong character, and the determination for bashing mobs for hours at a time.

On a more personal note:
    - AH-gaming bores 95% of people. Why? I don't really know, I love it. But it's the same as real-life. Even if you are educated enough to become a trader and make big money playing "the real-life AH ", most people choose different career paths, where they find more satisfaction, or meaning, or... I don't know, I'm not in people's heads after all.
    - I make more money from the AH per hour than from farming - about twice as much, give or take - but then again I've been playing with the AH since burning crusade, and I totally get that someone's who is fairly new to the AH game may feel overwhelmed, and not sure of how to go about trade in general. Farming, on the other hand, is less profitable, but way more accessible: you only need to know who to play your dude and optimize your number of kills per hour.
    - Right now I make about 100k a month, on a mid-pop EU server. I don't do glyphs, I hardly do any JC. Those are the 2 markets that are the most lucrative but also the most competitive, and time-intensive. So I've had some good fun going into a lot of niche markets, where I'm in a quasi-monopolistic situation: invisibility potions, rare world drop unique weapons, profession kits, mysterious fortune cards (remember those? They're awesome, and yes, I still sell 100 of them a week). Then there's royal satchels, make them, flip them. Sky Golems, which I buy at 10k and sell at 14. There's shoulder enchants, LW patches, buying cheap copper and tin to make bronze bars (always surprised at the profit margin on this), there's a million other things I do when I see them. The bottom line is that there's a lot of things to learn and discover about the AH, but if there is one rule that has always been true to me, it's this: BE. ON. ALL. MARKETS. You won't make 100k/month selling shoulder enchants, or even glyphs at this point - if you're on a low pop server - but you'll make 1k/month of every market you cover.

Deleted
    While there are people flipping the AH making gazillion of gold each second you can just earn some gold with just your time, not learning economics or only selling one refined trade good at a time.

- Twinking
    Each toon you push to 90 should net you 10k-ish from questing gold, greens you send to your disenchanter and other stuff you find on your road. The more time it takes you (from being less rested) the more quest gold you'll make. If you're not into pushing Loremaster on each alt... that's totally fine! You could also just put all your chars you're not actively playing onto the Timeless Isle, right next to the dailyquest with the question, netting 45g each time. That's possible 13.5k a month for logging in, right clicking the NPC and guessing.
    - Tillers
    Golden Lotus price dropped by about 50% on my realm, peaking to 1.3k some day but regulary at 1k a pop and now it's down to 500g. 500g you'll get each day from having 4-5 chars harvesting, almost guaranteed. And you'd have to actually sell it. Plus it takes a good amount of time and dedication (roughly five minutes each toon?). 500g times 30 is 15k gold.
    - Professions
    Just transmuting living steel and crafting royal satchels is a) super easy, b) you'll likely need some of them for you anyway c) it's basically always a net gain. Satchels sell for 3-4k gold for 12 days worth of your cooldown/time and you can always just sell the living steel cooldown (if you're a transmute guy you can keep the procc) for some small coins. I also like to craft the 553 leather pants/belts, they sell really good (compared to blacksmith/tailoring at least), 10k for a belt and 12k for some pants. Blacksmith: i like to craft the 502 weapons, it take some dedication and materials but save your 30 bars and check the AH for what's missing. Price can vary heavily though depending on your competition, one month i can get 15k next 20k and the following 25k.
    - Solo scenario
    I can't stress that little thing enough, it's hilarious. Grab as many Lei Shen loot keys in ~ 15 minutes as you can and enter (on average) 3 times a week per toon. Even the slowest character will be capable of getting 20 roll coins and some golden keys on it's way, i can get 1.5 red chests per run. And the best thing about it: you won't need any gear, a freshly boosted 483 can get his 20 coins almost as easily as a full heroic warforged char.. you just have to find another route that works for you, the class, the specc and the gear But to be fair bringing a geared character with you when you run around on the isle to kill the elites faster will help, you should kill all of them in time to increase the odds for key drops. I get about 2k gold per character per week out of that and this is not even counting the free 275 pandaran tablets or the amount of spirits of harmony you'll get get as a bonus, either netting you some free golden lotus from the vendor or helping you keep your craftings going.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    How the fuck do you make 100k a month without camping the AH all day all night long? PLS AWARE ME. I'm playing on a relatively big realm, Burning Legion EU and oh my god people there are fucking dumb. FUCKING MORONS. Selling stuff cheaper than it costs to make it, undercutting something by a ton n shit.
    Lol yeah I hate when people behave that way. I mean why even use the AH if making gold isn't of interest to you.

Keep mining, make like, 20k. You can start to play the AH with that. I usually do ench mats or cloth, as they sell so easy on my realm. I buy every single cloth or dust, and resell at a mark up. The profit snowballs, the more you invest into buying the more profit you make, I started with 20k in 5.1 before I quit wow 4 weeks ago, I was sat on 600K gold - after buying a few expensive mounts.

P.S place a few sales from other characters marked up slightly more, makes people believe the price. And before people QQ at me, I'm not an idiot, I don't double the price, I add 10-20G a stack or something, Buy cloth for 110 sell for 130 kinda thing. I don't take the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I believe 100k is unreasonable to get per month especially after all the Gold nerfs in Mists.

Better save your energy for WoD and find some of the spots which will be overtuned reward-wise at launch
    I make ballpark 100k/month on a mid pop server (US) mostly by reselling. I maintain 1200-1500 auctions. I probably spend 30-60 min/day on my AH toon.

Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    How the fuck do you make 100k a month without camping the AH all day all night long?

They don't. Sure, there are some players who make that kind of money, just as there are a couple of billionaires in the world, but 9 times out of 10 when someone says "its EZ LOL, i make 100k a day without any effort" on random internetforum, its pure bs. As usual, they never have proof either.

Deleted
    There are more people who make over 100k a month in WoW than you think, evidently. The fact that you want to see proof means you consider a "feat" of some kind. It's not. If you consider that 100k a month is ballpark 3.5k a day, here's what you need to sell to make 3.5k profit a day (just an example):

2*each inscription shoulder patch (8 total). Around 200g profit each = 1600g
    3*belt buckles. Around 200 profit too = 600g
    5 gems. 100 profit each = 500g
    The product of 2 Zandalari warbringer kills - about 300g
    Your tailoring cooldown - about 200g
    A transmute cooldown - about 150g

Does that do it already? That's not even a third of the stuff I do every day.

Deleted
    Done.

Actually made 170k from the day I made this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    There are more people who make over 100k a month in WoW than you think, evidently. The fact that you want to see proof means you consider a "feat" of some kind. It's not. If you consider that 100k a month is ballpark 3.5k a day, here's what you need to sell to make 3.5k profit a day (just an example):

I sell shoulder enchants, if I'm lucky I get 100g, they are mostly around 50-70g.
    I sell belt buckles that I craft daily on two chars, they go from 180-230g each. I hold them until it's at 220+ (the raw mats being around 170g)
    Most gems that I buy on my server are around 10-50g (perfect cut gems are selling for nothing)
    I farm warbringers whenever they are up, usually I only get some stacks I can flip for maybe 30g each and some rep tokens.
    I transmute twice a day, I don't sell them as I make my own living steel. I usually proc 1-2 times a week, over 14 transmutes.

It's so server dependant that you can't really say it's "easy" to make 100k a month doing it. At least not on high pop realms.

Congratz, which methods did you try, and which did you find the most beneficial/lucrative for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post

Press 'quote' button to reply, you don't seem to know how that works.

Ont; your post is nothing but the usual bs. But gl for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    Done.

Actually made 170k from the day I made this thread.
    Congrats!

@Pivotpony: never said it's easy, but it's not, like others suggest, some kind of unrealistic goal. You are right, what sells at a profit is very server dependent.

@1ns: sorry bro, not going to feel threatened by your passive aggressive attitude. I hope your day gets better.