Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, but the opposed is also true: if people can talk as much as they want about how racism is bad, they should also be able to praise it, right?
    They can praise it as long as it does not cross the line into hate speech. You see all types of videos, forums, books, and whatever else you can think of praising racism. The only reason you don't see more people praising it is because they know it would effect them a personal level because not every shares thoses fews or want to be around people that do.

I think it is dishonest not of share that belief with people if you hold it because people should be able to choose if they want to continue to associated with you. You may find people that share your views, don't care, or stop talking to you but at least you are honest.

"Racism" will NEVER go away so long as there is political and financial benefits to it's existence.

Does racism exist? Yes. That's going to happen in a country of over 300 million people. However there are also certain political parties, certain groups, that benefit (politically and financially) making it appear as though racism is more of an issue than it actually is.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2014-05-08 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoomieiii View Post
    They ARE allowed to. They just end up fired, and the cycle begins again.

If you walked into your job and started talking to customers about how you think Hitler did nothing wrong and the Jews that run everything benefited greatly from the 'lie of the holocaust', how long do you think you'd keep that job?

If you ran a business and had an employee do that, would you keep them around?
    Well, I am not a law expert, but aren't you prone to fine for, say, walking on the streets with "Niggers must die!" painted on your shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    "Racism" will NEVER go away so long as there is political and financial benefits to it's existence.

Does racism exist? Yes. That's going to happen in a country of over 300 million people. However there are also certain political parties (Democrats), certain groups(Black people), that benefit (politically and financially) making it appear as though racism is more of an issue than it actually is.
    I fixed that for you.

Now lets try to move past the stupid and understand that racism is real, it is not something that people made up for continued political and financial benefits. That does not mean that people are not benefitting from it in some way but that number is small compared to the people hurt by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I fixed that for you.

Now lets try to move past the stupid and understand that racism is real, it is not something that people made up for continued political and financial benefits. That does not mean that people are not benefitting from it in some way but that number is small compared to the people hurt by it.
    Actually, by "certain groups," I was referring to a select listing of activist groups. Not an entire race.

Now is racism real? Yes. However not EVERY crime that involves one black person and one white (or half-white) person is automatically racism. Not every insult, when directed someone who happens to be black, is racism.

And THAT is the problem. There are people and groups who will use every chance to insert racism into things. And those people are the ones who devalue the term "racism."

For instance:
    When Obama won his first election I heard people saying, "I can't believe that (insert racist term for blacks) won." That is racist. That is something people have a right to be upset over.
    By contrast you turned a non-racist statement of "certain groups" into a racist sentiment just to push your own personal opinion. Likewise a similar event was done with the Trayvon Martin case. The prosecutors said it wasn't about race. The defense said it wasn't about race. Trayvons family said it wasn't a race issue. Do you know who inserted race in to it? NBC after they edited a recording to make it APPEAR as though race was the problem. That lie was perpetuated by people like Al Sharpton, who used the incident to raise money for his activism group.

Racism is real. It will ALWAYS exist to some extent. In a country of over 300 million people you simply can't (realistically) expect to eradicate it yet. However it is not as wide-spread as some would have you think.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2014-05-09 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Racism is real. It will ALWAYS exist to some extent. In a country of over 300 million people you simply can't (realistically) expect to eradicate it yet. However it is not as wide-spread as some would have you think.
    When one of the two major political parties base a significant portion of their policies on subtle racism; yes, it is a widespread problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When one of the two major political parties base a significant portion of their policies on subtle racism; yes, it is a widespread problem.
    The party of LBJ and the War on Poverty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    The party of LBJ and the War on Poverty?
    No, the party of the Southern Strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.