Poll: Do you want 'Mount 2.0' to happen?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i like it, its intresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    pack mule ---> bank storage?

Is there a kickstarter for this patch?

Deleted
    Love the idea!

See, if they did things like this rather than just say "flying ruins immersion and ruins the game", I'd gladly trade flying in Draenor for something like this. I already have a favorite mount and a bit of a history-my ZG raptor is the adult version of the lashtail raptor I saved-and this would be perfect. This is the kind of outside the box thinking I wish Blizzard would do.

Some interesting ideas, some problematic ones... putting items on your mount that then disappear if you forget about them? Sounds like a surefire way to increase the helpdesk' workload by 300% :P
    Same with extra seats.. how would that work on all of the existing mounts?

I don't see the point of the 'travel skills' if everyone regardless of class and race is getting them. There's simply nothing distinguishing or interesting about getting those except basically just giving everyone a movement speed increase along roads. That in itself is going to have a whole slew of unintended consequences. From a programming perspective it would also mean having to mark roads the entire world over :P. I do think an unlockable increase in land-mounted speed could be a good idea and that we might see that in WoD.

Good presentation, some good ideas, not sure if it'd work as a package.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Nice idea - as long as it does not give special traits to flying mounts.

Why? Flying mounts are already very special thanks to them being able to fly.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them having a gliding ability under this to be honest, give them a reason to have wings if they're stuck on the ground and make them still fun. It just seems silly to restrict them benefit wise just because they are a different type of mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    support 100%! blizzard needs to look at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The naming thing is ok yeah but the rest is just a mess to be honest,i mean some of those silly traits where your mount attacks the npc after you die is silly as the npc just resets and evades anyways so it would just be moot in that case,i already floated an idea round the blizz forums about upgrading your mounts via armour and such like a few years back and it got poo pood away and ignored. Too much thought gone into this i reckon and not enough common sense and practicality has been thought of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great effort. I'm not certain if this is a good idea for WoW, however. It just seems like a needless complication. I'm a man of simple taste, I guess - I like my mounts the way they are. I'd even love my mounts if they didn't fly. I can't imagine the day where I'd want my mount to resurrect me.

A slight movement speed increase on roads could potentially be beneficial if Blizzard wants to transition to only ground mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Judging by that, and your signature, I daresay you are obsessed. The flying argument has become so tiresome... Is it really that big of a deal?
    With every major topic on the official forums reaching post caps in a matter of only a couple of days, and the three biggest discussion threads about the expansion on this forum being about flight and reaching as many as over 340 pages of posts...you tell me.

My previous statements stand.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Update 4: The big update is here! The interface has been cleaned up; new Traits have been added; offensive Traits have been removed; all Traits are now categorized as either Utility, Movement, or Defensive Traits; Unique Trait state has been added; Primeval Traits can now be swapped out freely (unless Unique).

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Sorry but I'm with this guy. Why do I need to name my mount?
    Who said you had to? Things to do on the sides are things to do on the side.

Who cares?
    Everybody who took the time to comment, including you.

Increase in speed is okay but the traits are pointless. There are way too many mounts to have individual traits for all of them. Mounts should just be used to get from point A to point B.
    So you're saying that you use every single one of your mounts? The suggested traits and how they're used is absolutely no different then the glyph system. Set traits to can be used by any pet except those with unique traits (which are pretty obvious). And the type of primeval trait is set for each family of mount. Yeah, there's a shitload of mounts, but there's a metric fuckton of dragons, cats, horses, etc.

And They removed combat benefits from professions and you think they'd add them in for mounts?
    They're two different systems. There is no combat benefit to these traits seeing as how they're useless in BGs and Arenas and nearly useless in World PvP.

OT : Forgot to add this earlier, but I think this system is fantastic. ESO has horse leveling. It's not even remotely as in depth as this, but I find it to be a neat little feature. I would love this system. Something that allows you to immerse yourself in the game further.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-05-06 at 04:52 AM.

This is actually really damn cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only "problem" with this idea is that the mobs in the world are nowhere near threatening enough in order for the mount perks to actually matter. If mobs were indeed stronger and more threatening, then I think it's a good idea, but for now it seems extreme overkill :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    My only "problem" with this idea is that the mobs in the world are nowhere near threatening enough in order for the mount perks to actually matter. If mobs were indeed stronger and more threatening, then I think it's a good idea, but for now it seems extreme overkill :/
    Good point! For me, this is more about having an interesting swiss army knife out in the wilderness. Monsters aren't necessarily always that difficult - true - but there will always arise situations where you might need one or two tricks up your sleeve.

The Movement Traits, for instance, are purely about crossing the country more efficiently and less about survival.

Great idea. But next time you want to do something like this you should have someone that knows typography to help with your layout. So many type errors..

Looks alright, wouldn't have minded this in the game - more things to progress in keeps one busy - also add some achievements and maybe link some traits to special drops and you'd be good to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wampster View Post
    Great idea. But next time you want to do something like this you should have someone that knows typography to help with your layout. So many type errors..
    I've heard this a couple of times now, but I am yet to see anyone point out precisely what I'm doing wrong. Seems sort of pointless and rude to point out flaws without letting me know what those flaws are.

"You're a terrible writer" - gee thanks, I'll get right on fixing that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Stupid and pointless. Mounts have already become a much bigger focus of the game than they ever should have been.
    100% wrong. When i started playing WoW all i could think of is discovering things. How is this not adding to that? If you think wow should only be about PvP and PvE, then you are the reason this game sucks. Blizzard has lost it's touch by simply adding content and forgetting about simple things and overall feel of the game.