View Poll Results: Do you want 'Mount 2.0' to happen?

Voters
1622. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - sounds amazing!

1,361 83.91%
  • No - I don't like it.

139 8.57%
  • I just came here for the free T-shirt.

122 7.52%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Update 4: The big update is here! The interface has been cleaned up; new Traits have been added; offensive Traits have been removed; all Traits are now categorized as either Utility, Movement, or Defensive Traits; Unique Trait state has been added; Primeval Traits can now be swapped out freely (unless Unique).
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Sorry but I'm with this guy. Why do I need to name my mount?
    Who said you had to? Things to do on the sides are things to do on the side.

Who cares?
    Everybody who took the time to comment, including you.

Increase in speed is okay but the traits are pointless. There are way too many mounts to have individual traits for all of them. Mounts should just be used to get from point A to point B.
    So you're saying that you use every single one of your mounts? The suggested traits and how they're used is absolutely no different then the glyph system. Set traits to can be used by any pet except those with unique traits (which are pretty obvious). And the type of primeval trait is set for each family of mount. Yeah, there's a shitload of mounts, but there's a metric fuckton of dragons, cats, horses, etc.

And They removed combat benefits from professions and you think they'd add them in for mounts?
    They're two different systems. There is no combat benefit to these traits seeing as how they're useless in BGs and Arenas and nearly useless in World PvP.

OT : Forgot to add this earlier, but I think this system is fantastic. ESO has horse leveling. It's not even remotely as in depth as this, but I find it to be a neat little feature. I would love this system. Something that allows you to immerse yourself in the game further.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-05-06 at 04:52 AM.

This is actually really damn cool.

My only "problem" with this idea is that the mobs in the world are nowhere near threatening enough in order for the mount perks to actually matter. If mobs were indeed stronger and more threatening, then I think it's a good idea, but for now it seems extreme overkill :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    My only "problem" with this idea is that the mobs in the world are nowhere near threatening enough in order for the mount perks to actually matter. If mobs were indeed stronger and more threatening, then I think it's a good idea, but for now it seems extreme overkill :/
    Good point! For me, this is more about having an interesting swiss army knife out in the wilderness. Monsters aren't necessarily always that difficult - true - but there will always arise situations where you might need one or two tricks up your sleeve.

The Movement Traits, for instance, are purely about crossing the country more efficiently and less about survival.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

Great idea. But next time you want to do something like this you should have someone that knows typography to help with your layout. So many type errors..

Looks alright, wouldn't have minded this in the game - more things to progress in keeps one busy - also add some achievements and maybe link some traits to special drops and you'd be good to go.

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wampster View Post
    Great idea. But next time you want to do something like this you should have someone that knows typography to help with your layout. So many type errors..
    I've heard this a couple of times now, but I am yet to see anyone point out precisely what I'm doing wrong. Seems sort of pointless and rude to point out flaws without letting me know what those flaws are.

"You're a terrible writer" - gee thanks, I'll get right on fixing that!

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Stupid and pointless. Mounts have already become a much bigger focus of the game than they ever should have been.
    100% wrong. When i started playing WoW all i could think of is discovering things. How is this not adding to that? If you think wow should only be about PvP and PvE, then you are the reason this game sucks. Blizzard has lost it's touch by simply adding content and forgetting about simple things and overall feel of the game.
    Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the lead systems designer of World of Warcraft. He wipes to the elevator boss.

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    100% wrong. When i started playing WoW all i could think of is discovering things. How is this not adding to that? If you think wow should only be about PvP and PvE, then you are the reason this game sucks. Blizzard has lost it's touch by simply adding content and forgetting about simple things and overall feel of the game.
    Couldn't have said it better. I really wish they paid more attention to the world content.

I love the concept behind this, especially over on the RP realms where mounts can quite often play a large role in their story.
    Although I personally really do like this, I can understand why members aren't convinced-to some players mounts are just something to help them get from a-b.
    Perhaps if Blizz was to do something like this, it should only be with the RP servers?

Bloodsail Admiral DomesticViolence's Avatar
    I love your ideas. Thank you for putting this together!

Very nice idea. People might actually see the graphic's in the game now. But... Not beeing able to fly at all though might be scary.

Does this mean I'd have to level my mounts separately or anything like that? I have quite a few favorites and swap them out regularly for spice.

Fuck yes.

/10fuckinchars
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Delicious.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Field Marshal
    Overall I really like this idea. I'm not fond of the consequence included in the pack mule talent as i feel the benefit is dwarfed in comparison to the risk. Other than that great job I like it. About time they changed things up a little.