Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the rest of the world decided to follow such stupidity leaving me and mine to repopulate the planet, I wouldn't mind much.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its a sad thought but i figure this planet would probably be a whole lot better off without humans around.
    Who cares about the planet? If humans aren't around then nobody would.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

15+ Year Old Account
    If completely by choice the entire human population decided not to have more children (individually, not by some sort of voting) then sure, let them.
    It would give way for other animals and lifeforms to prosper. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

I would however like to see all relevant current knowledge preserved in some way resistant to the toll of time, in case a similar intelligence ever evolved or visited.

Based on the idea that some may choose to end the species my response -

Wanted - Group of open minded individuals, male and female to restart the species with. At least 50,000 needed (50/50 split), all applicants welcome but feisty red-headed females go to the front of the queue.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://vhemt.org

Please check out the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Who cares about the planet? If humans aren't around then nobody would.
    I'm sure all the animals and environments the humans are sharing this globe with would care, with none around to pollute, destroy and kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate other people, they serve their purpose to entertain me.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I'm sure all the animals and environments the humans are sharing this globe with would care, with none around to pollute, destroy and kill.
    Some of the improvements to animal life ARE because of us so I think eventually it go down bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    You will come to find that the human race is not set for extinction. We are the most adaptable and powerful species on this planet. We have yet to find something on this planet we cannot destroy or find an environment we are unable to inhabit.

Simply because you are unable to comprehend the next step of society and evolution does not mean the race as a whole is unable to overcome this confusion. The bigger the crisis the bigger the leap to overcome it. We will not go extinct within this generation or the next, we will simply move on to levels the current race is able to comprehend.

Try explaining how cellphones work to a person from medieval times and you will be accused of witchcraft. Same way current generation filters out genetic splicing, human cloning, enhancements through drugs and electronic tracking by classifying as "unmoral" or "unnatural".

Nothing is unnatural and there are no such things as morals. These are things we have made up much like witchcraft and religion. There are no rules, we have made them up. There is only the evolution of things and survival of the fittest. Much like those who are more powerful will eventually dominate those below them, so will the weak try to fight for their existence.

If you do not agree with these words, then you will dispute them. To dispute them, is to fight for your ideals. To have ideals, is to live in a diluted reality and to eventually succumb to those who have a more powerful grasp on reality.

If you do not understand this, then these words are not meant for you.

'If I can't exist in peace, everyone should be gone, forever'.

Fortunately, nihilism has yet to produce a power player.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if we gained immortality in the process would I be cool with that it'd be like a last man standing match.

I know, I know it's not as edgy as "HUMANS SUCK! THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT US!"

An entire country, maybe. An entire planet? No way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I'm not a fan of people (especially right now), humans suddenly stopping would cause too many bad things..just think of the kittens who would take care of them :*(

Sure, why not. I don't really have any interest in what happens to the human species once I'm dead.

OP, go through your post and thread history and read what you write. You have a negative view on others, especially women and your interactions with them - you want humanity to die out because you feel that humanity is overall negative, and a variety of negativity regarding other areas.

Have you ever just thought that maybe it isn't everybody else, but just you?

Like maybe get some help or someone to talk to about your problems in a productive manner?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    This guy is just brimming with top-quality threads.
    Yup, the last one was 'why is there 80% guys at all the social venues I go to?'

As of now, the human race is like the cancer of nature. In fact, humanity was around 500 million strong since the beginning of recorded history till the mid 20th century. During the modern era (the last 500 years or so), population exploded into what is now estimated to be a bit more than 7 billion. Directly correlating the human population growth are the number of pollutions (Air, water, light, noise, etc) that suddenly arose. Deforestation, Global Warming, the usage of corn in everything (especially animal feed), the Great Pacific garbage patch, and an extinction of a number of species are a few of many direct results of modernization as well, each with their own long term consequences. Hell, the only notably good thing about humanity as a whole is nuclear energy (clean, efficient, renewable) that can wholeheartedly replace non-renewable sources. But with the spread of information comes with the spread of misinformation and so people don't buy into it.

Ultimately, everyone believes that there is one thing that'll damn humanity, whether it be religion, race, aliens, whathaveyou. I feel, however, that overpopulation will cause the end of the human race and the world at large because the unintended side effects have only destroyed and consumed. Even if everyone abruptly died, we've already pushed things too far and everything else will die (Global warming).

Personally, I like your idea. I'd get in shape, and try to live as long as I can. Maybe I'll get to enjoy clean air, clean food/water, and see the stars before I die. Because as of now, I know for fucking sure that I won't be able to enjoy these simple things.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2014-04-29 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loveblondes View Post
    Imagine if in current generation the gender roles and interactions get more messed up than they actually are, all people choose to not have children and in the next generation we all fade away? What would you actually think about a near future world with no humans in?

I would like to think in that possible idea sometimes, considering how unhappy and angry many humans actually are on daily basis (I can relate myself to that group).

Its like mass media, consummerism and corporativism killed us souls and will to love eachother.

I know as selfish and harsh as it could be I'd love to be from the last generation of humans and see how everything follows a more normal destiny.
    Sadly I am not in the same tent as the typical "I hate humanity because someone was mean to me :<" people.

I like being alive. I like the idea of having children, I like the idea of them being alive.

Yes, our population growth seems unsustainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if in current generation the gender roles and interactions get more messed up than they actually are
    Is a good reason not to keep this thread open.