Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Wonder if Mara Jade is in the movie, and if so, who would be playing her; would it be an old Mara Jade or perhaps some memory/flashback to a younger one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys make sure next you get into a fight of some sort you spout philosophical shit to your opponent and see if he's interested in having a deep discussion while trying to kick your ass.

I mean really ringpriest? Fucking really, you're looking for every little reason to just hate them. It burns my eyes reading your posts, then again your NSA stuff burns my eyes too. Sorry it wasn't an emotional journey for you but god dammit THE PREQUELS WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE EXACTLY LIKE THE MOTHERFUCKING ORIGINAL TRILOGY!!! IF I HEAR ONE MORE MOTHERFUCKING COMPLAINT ABOUT THE PREQUELS BEING TO CGI-LIKE AND NOT ENOUGH PUPPETRY THEN I WILL FUCKING GO RAMBO ON YOU!!!

Really you're also pissed off at Yoda and Palpatine not talking during their confrontation? It was business for both of them, not a FUCKING SUNDAY MORNING WALK DOWN TO THE DINER!!! Honestly if it bothers you that they actually make the fights a bit more eye candy then really please... There's the fucking door.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, ringpriest if I were a chick and went on a date with you to the movies I'd know that I would be leaving not even a third through the movie while you point out everything wrong with it because it's not like Star Wars Episodes 4-6. You could be watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and say it's shit because there is no direct conversation with the girls and whatever they're fighting. You'd then say, "have you ever seen Empire Strikes Back?" "In that movie Luke always talks to his dad while his dad is trying to brutally murder him, that's a good story, did I mention every swing has emotion because it's literally like watching a drunk guy swing a stick? genius".

I'd change my number too.

infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-05-05 at 11:20 PM.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    if I were a chick and went on a date with you to the movies I'd know that I would be leaving not even a third through the movie
    Just grow your hair out a little longer first and good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Don't forget that Laurence Kasdan there too. He's the one who did The Empire Strikes Back, probably the best movie in the original trilogy, and maybe even the whole franchise.
    If it's the best movie in the original trilogy then it's a given it's the best in the franchise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    ring, the problem with your Ep 3 evaluation is that Jedi are to have suppressed all that emotion. Obi-wan showing anger/sorrow/etc would be a failure in his years of study and discipline. Anakin, however, if free to be angry as he is turned to the dark side. Pretty simple by the context of Jedi/Sith teachings. One tries to eliminate all passion, the other embraces it.

The classic trilogy is space opera in a different time. The prequels were eye candy and an example of visual stimuli being a priority.
    You're right about the emotional suppression thing, and I hadn't given it much thought. Perhaps a fight where Anakin/Vader is in a full-on rage. (Is sulky sullenness a 'Sith' emotion? ) Personally I still like the idea that he might have tried to get his friend and teacher to see that he was as right as he believed himself to be. Redemption for fallen Jedi seems to be a pretty big thing in both the EU and the Original Trilogy, I can't help thinking Obi-Wan might have tried for it a little harder...
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina Solo is a newcomer. I don't understand why they're using fresh actors in AAA movies.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    If that was not the point then why did you say <x> VS <y>. Quite obvious that you are comparing the two.
    I really dislike explaining things multiple times. Read the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then I think sadly you'll never be convinced. You saw what you wanted to see.
    No I saw what everyone else saw. You say this like I went in with some kind of preconceived notion. It's just that ultimately what I did see, was disappointing to say the least.

"Full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing."

I don't really care to be convinced either. Nor do I intend to convince you. You like it, bully for you. I didn't, why does it matter?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Jaina Solo is a newcomer. I don't understand why they're using fresh actors in AAA movies.
    Because it usually turns out amazing.
    BAD WOLF

if those actors have talent than it usually is a good call to bring in fresh "no-name" actors. You see the characters on screen as their characters rather than as their actors. A lot of times I watch movies with people like Samuel L Jackson and I seem them and not the character. They get to be overexposed for their own good.

What if Fisher, Ford, and Hamill get the Jeff Bridges treatment à la Tron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    What if Fisher, Ford, and Hamill get the Jeff Bridges treatment à la Tron.
    Can't see any reason why, the story is set 30 years later. Their appearances today would exactly fit that timeline. Considering it was 31 years ago since ROTJ

Deleted
    I don't understand why they're using fresh actors in AAA movies.
    Could be because 9 times out of 10 it's the use of fresh actors that actually makes a AAA movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Could be because 9 times out of 10 it's the use of fresh actors that actually makes a AAA movie.
    Not to mention, every actor was a Fresh Actor at some point!

Think of all the "first timers" that were fuckin' epic.

Alan Rickman in Die Hard
    Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit (Oscar nom.)
    Ed Norton in Primal Fear (Oscar nom.)
    Natalie Portman in Leon
    Anna Paquin in The Piano (won Oscar)
    Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins (won Oscar)

10+ Year Old Account
    K, you guys must not know a lot of good known actors then.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Know who else was a relatively unknown actress and got her start in a Star Wars movie?

Carrie Fisher

naw "fresh actors is bad!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    K, you guys must not know a lot of good known actors then.
    They tried to get the whole cast of Twilight to be the young actors in this movie for you, but they were booked. Sorry to disappoint.
    BAD WOLF

First time lightsaber user? Here are some safety-instructions for you.

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988