Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Surely Max Von Sydow will be playing a dark Jedi. Because otherwise, awesome opportunity missed.

But no, not really. When I was a kid this would've been the most incredible news ever. But now that I'm a cynical adult that's endured the re-releases and the prequels (and the last 20 years or so of cinema, reviving and rebooting old franchises and accomplishing little other than ruining them) I know there's about a 0.00001% chance this will not suck.
    I liked the Prequels. Noob.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Surely Max Von Sydow will be playing a dark Jedi. Because otherwise, awesome opportunity missed.

But no, not really. When I was a kid this would've been the most incredible news ever. But now that I'm a cynical adult that's endured the re-releases and the prequels (and the last 20 years or so of cinema, reviving and rebooting old franchises and accomplishing little other than ruining them) I know there's about a 0.00001% chance this will not suck.
    I'd say 0.00001% chance its good. I'd say it's about 60% suck, 39.99999% chance of meh.

Also 3 wasn't that damn bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The people involved with this are level-headed individuals, certainly not only on the actor part, but also the writers, music writers, etc. It'll certainly be way better than the prequels, and while I'm still not expecting anything to the level of the originals it really does have potential to be something enjoyable regardless.
    J J Abrams is writing the screenplay, along with Lawrence Kasdan (who co-wrote Empire and Jedi). Make of that what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I liked the Prequels. Noob.
    I don't know what to say to you then. I could shit a better movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'd say 0.00001% chance its good. I'd say it's about 60% suck, 39.99999% chance of meh.

Also 3 wasn't that damn bad.
    The third one was the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

not excited, probably see it but more than likely not in theaters. all this is is hollywood milking that fat heifer for everything that it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    same here, wasn't thrilled by his new star trek movies
    They were awesome, hope he brings the same production values to Star Wars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The question is, will Samuel L. Jackson be in it?
    Why? He's long dead at this point in Star Wars Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    So's Yoda, but you KNOW that green muppet will show up in the movie.

OH GOD NO. I think I realized a possibility for Andy Serkis... Yoda...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    He is? I am sorry I kinda stopped really caring after they said all that stuff is not cannon. Is "x" cannon or "x" cannon? I would rather not deal with it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Did they choose anyone from the open public auditions that took place around the world? I mean any unknowns?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too much of this thread has focused on JJ bashing instead of applauding their decision to use a talented, lesser known cast. Domhnall Gleeson...such a good choice.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    So's Yoda, but you KNOW that green muppet will show up in the movie.
    Is he? Mace was a human with a normal lifespan. Yoda has a much longer lifespan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    He is? I am sorry I kinda stopped really caring after they said all that stuff is not cannon. Is "x" cannon or "x" cannon? I would rather not deal with it.
    What are you talking about the prequels are obviously cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Is he? Mace was a human with a normal lifespan. Yoda has a much longer lifespan.
    Windu was thrown out of a very high building too. Beside I doubt Yoda will appear, maybe as a force ghost.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    What are you talking about the prequels are obviously cannon.
    Movies are saying that the EU that happened after the movies is not canon now. Which is expected really. New owner, revisionist history. No sense being bound by someone with a different vision than you have. It doesn't mean it all can't be appreciated. It just gives them freedom to tell the story they want to tell.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Is there a main Luke/Anakin character? If so who I didn't see anyone who fit the profile in the list. Maybe i'm blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Windu was thrown out of a very high building too. Beside I doubt Yoda will appear, maybe as a force ghost.
    Bah, it's too early. I forgot that both these characters actually died (not from old age)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Is there a main Luke/Anakin character? If so who I didn't see anyone who fit the profile in the list. Maybe i'm blind.
    Luke is there :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Bah, it's too early. I forgot that both these characters actually died (not from old age)

- - - Updated - - -

Luke is there :P
    I din't mean Luke (I know he is there but I very much doubt he will be the main central character) I was under the assumption they were going to go with a young male lead as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Too much of this thread has focused on JJ bashing instead of applauding their decision to use a talented, lesser known cast. Domhnall Gleeson...such a good choice.
    yeah as far as the cast is concerned, it seems to be a pretty good selection, no complaints here. I'm just not a fan of the director but maybe he'll surprise me.

Deleted
    I am quite pleased that out of the new cast I only recognized Serkis and von Sydow. That's how it should be. Not Mr. Pulp Fiction, Mr. Trainspotting, Mr. Schindler's List and so on. Serkis will most likely play some alien and von Sydow is a nice little old Sith Lord type.

same here, wasn't thrilled by his new star trek movies

Still, he can't do any worse than the prequels
    I personally loved both new Star Trek Movies, and Loved all 3 Star Wars Prequels. I have watched all 6 Star Wars Movies many times, but as of late acnnot handle the older ones, they are just not new enough for me to thoroughly enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah as far as the cast is concerned, it seems to be a pretty good selection, no complaints here. I'm just not a fan of the director but maybe he'll surprise me.
    He's writing the movie with Lawrence Kasdan who wrote The Empire Strikes Back.
    BAD WOLF