Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh help needed

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, so I don't know where I should post this. So I thought I needed to be here.

Our guild is trying to do Garrosh 10 man, but we keep failing over and over again in the first phase, so I've been wondering of someone can look at the logs and perhaps see somthing that we do incorrectly.

Since I can't post a link. Go to the worldoflogs site, and paste this /reports/rt-hu5kul0cfamn4s5g/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=71865 behind .com.

We use 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps, but we also try 2 tanks, 2 healers and 6 dps. Both comps weren't succesfull.
    For tanks we use a death knight, druid and warrior if the DK or the druid can't make it.
    For healers we use a paladin, a druid and a shaman with dps OS.
    For dps we use a paladin, surv hunter, destro lock, assasin rogue and a shadow priest. We also have a frost DK and a mage as back-up.

Everything seems to go correctly, but there is just to much damage overall if we 2 heal, and if we 3 heal, we lack damage. I know that that is the biggest problem but I'm wondering of you might see somthing else aswell.

Any help is appreciated and thank you for reading.

There should be hardly anything to heal in the first phase unless you're stacking in the weapons. Use 1 Devo for each of the Iron Star explosions. If the tanks are taking too much dmg, it's probably because one of them is tanking the adds + garrosh, and possibly for too long. Split up the adds and boss for each tank and make sure the adds die quickly.

Also, stop using world of logs and switch over to warcraftlogs...

Where to start?

P1 of this fight completely predictable. You have a desecrated weapon >>> warbringer adds >>> wolfrider add >>> ironstar and then repeat. (I think!)

This is a single target fight Give the adds some incidental cleave but nothing except the wolfrider should be your focus.

I'll try to run thru the key parts step by step:
    1) Form a triangle with garrosh roughly in the centre of the room. The other 2 points are back left and right where people should dump the desecrates. In fact tank him back from the centre so you never ever have to worry about the ironstar.
    2) The tank that is taking the adds pulls to get a bit of vengeance and then the other tank taunts almost instantly. This should share vengeance and stop the adds sticking to one tank only.
    3) Adds spawn, pick them up and cleave a bit. The idea here is to knock them into the ironstar when it goes past. Druid with typhoon can do this or a hunter etc.
    4) Pick up the wolfrider and focus him down. Interrupt every cast. Chain lightning hurts like hell and comes just before an ironstar. Heals need to be interrupted too.
    5) Blow a raid CD to reduce the ironstar damage / tell people to use personals.

To be honest the only remotely scary part of this phase should be the second pack of adds AFTER the warsong. Then they hit hard. Just have your tanks blow every CD needed to stay alive. It's not like they will need them again until much later. Once again, knock those fuckers into the ironstar, it does your job for you.

So with that in mind, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1446&target=27 an almost 2 min wipe and 880k raid dps on the boss. Your total damage was almost triple that but people were just aoe'ing their nuts off instead of just knocking the adds into the ironstar and focusing the boss. The hunter didn't even manage 50k dps on the boss and hes not the only one. The priest is the same. 250k dps and 50k on the boss. That has to stop.

To be honest its hard to give decent advice, the death logs are just a list of stupid shit that shouldn't happen. People hit the ironstar. Chain lightning casts go off. People take desecrate baths for 3 ticks, my reactions aren't great but 3 seconds to move out of that is far too long. Especially when its locks that have personal portals etc.

Specific class advice is a bit hard to give with such short wipes but your druid isn't playing well http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=71865 He hardly uses defensives, that may be why you feel you need 3 healers (you don't). In 15ish pulls he used savage defense 28 times, barkskin 18 and so on.

My advice is take the p1 step by step and perfect every step of it. Your goal should be to only get 2 sets of adds. Dump the desecrates neatly, knock the adds back, focus the wolfrider, pop a raid CD on ironstar impacts. Tick all these boxes and you've won p1.

Id say specify what and how you are doing things and how are you dying.

Curently the obvious thing is that dk is tanking garrosh and druid (I imagine) is on the add duty, but most likely dk gets the agro easily and is tanking all.

The obvious solution is to manage your vengeance better. For example if druid is on add duty (thou I think dk is far better at picking them up, but whatever), then let him do the pull, let him get a couple of hits and by the time adds come to middle dk can taunt the boss and druid shouldn't loose agro to dk. basically try experimenting who is better at surviving those adds. As a druid myself I also tanked everything, they did hit hard, but nothing I can't dodge,fr, use cds, ask for cds, just trust healers.

Now if you look at damage on adds. What on earth is rogue and spriest (these two especially), hunter doing. They are far lower on add damage then others. If those are killing you then boss dps will be useless, so make them actually switch and do something usefull.

Now as for druid, why oh why is he gemming stamina? Not even crit stam, but pure stam. He should be ok to be gemming crit into each and every socket. That 10k hp won't save him really. Even if it's 50k, those spots are better of used for crit both dps and rps wise.
    Also, I do hope im wrong, but on 7 wipes he used incarnation once and I do hope im blind but I can't see him using berserk at all during the night.
    Is it just me or your rogue not using feint to reduce iron star damage(not the end of the world, but its useless strain on healers)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice anyone mentioning few other things:

1) if your MT on Garrosh gets the add aggro from OT, the then OT takes boss for the time being and when the adds are dead, MT takes boss again. That way you'll be splitting the damage on tanks just a bit. You have a rogue and a hunter. They can ToT and MD the adds to add tank, making keeping aggro bit easier. But the key part is for your tank to pay attention to their co-tanks HP bar, when it bounces like a yoyo, take something off from the other tank.

Sometimes even with the starting vengeance "the better" boss tank can get ahead on aggro table of the other tank.

2) also the adds still need to be cleaved down enough so they would have roughly below 50% or more of their HP left, that's the point when Iron Star has enough oomph to finish them off. If they have higher HP they just get knocked back and come back to you and you still have to deal with them.

3) your druid can shapeshift (having the forced shapeshift macro which won't bring you out of bear form) out of the Hammstring, which makes moving and positioning easier.

4) if your tank who takes on the wolf rider is really good they should keep the wolfrider on the edge of the area where Iron Star fire reaches as long as it starts casting the heal, then just run away from it (away from Iron Star) and have the Iron Start knock half the HP off from the Rider. Having the tanking cloak will save your life if you fuck it up

5) people say that you should mainly get 2 sets of the those adds, but 3 sets are also manageable as long as most of the adds are dead before the next set comes. It will be a wipe when you get 4-set of adds.

6) I would at first focus on interrupting the Wolfrider's heal rather then the chain lighting, the heal does more "harm" then the damage from lightning.

7) if you happen to be close to the wall where Iron Start hits, have a raid CD at hand, 1 devo should be more then enough for that time to keep the incoming damage in check.

The damage you get in phase1 is a small tickle compared to the one during emp. whirlings and transition realms, and you'll probably on your kill get few of each in phase 2.

Speaking from my personal experience as my guilds raid leader and leader of open raid Garrosh PUGs, then this boss needs more from everyone the the previous ones. If you don't have more healing, more DPS, then you'll have to wait until you do to get the kill.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-04-30 at 05:43 AM.

Browsing your logs: many members failing at simple things.

Paladin getting hit by iron star, people standing in desecrated weapons (likely due to bad positioning), people dying to adds.

Get your positioning right for the fight, watch a video or something.

I would suggest dk taking adds instead of druid also.

tank on garrosh should NOT aoe in any way, makes it harder for add tank to pick the adds up.

Small cds should be used when the war song is used, the adds hit HARD with 150% damage buff.

Deleted
    Thank you for all the replies and I'll mention it to the raidteam tomorrow.
    I also asked of we could start using warcraftlogs, and my readleader is looking into it.

The iron star mistakes are already solved, but I didn't have a log of yesterday so I couldn't link it, but yesteday no one was hit by the star.
    If we fail again tomorrow, I might ask for more help with new logs if that is okay ofcourse.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    tank on garrosh should NOT aoe in any way, makes it harder for add tank to pick the adds up.
    I just don't see this being an issue. The adds are on tanks either way, if Garrosh tank pulls aggro on adds which will happen, then just tank swap boss. Both tanks help out on the adds, maintain vengeance for that lovely DPS and win . The true concern imho should be handling the avoidable stupid damage what people get (Iron Stars, weapons, whatnot).

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about a couple adds hitting the Garrosh tank. Also make sure you're not stunning the adds except after knocking them back so the Iron Star hits them. Stunning them while tanking causes their hamstrings to all be off cooldown so they will fire at the same time. Big damage.

Quick glance at your druid healer and seems they are set up a little off. They are at a bad haste point, should be 3043 or 13163, not specced in SoTF which would make their WG heals much better and they seem to be pretty high on spirit. Bigger heals from your druid would really help with two healing.

The fight gets a lot easier if you can keep most of the raid stationary. What we do is have a 3-man "weapon team" responsible for keeping the weapon out of the raid, and the other 7 people stay stacked on the boss full time (except for the empowered whirling corruptions). That really, really increased our overall dps (2 tanks/2 heals/6 dps). The weapon team is two ranged dps and 1 of the healers, and one of the dps also kills the engineer to stop the stars.

In phase 1, the team spreads out along the back wall, with the iron star guy close to his target engineer and the healer in the middle. That way only one person needs to move from the weapon. Weapon team kills the weapon, then hops on Garrosh. Everyone else is stacked tight and kills Garrosh and the adds. If no one touches the wolfrider, he'll eat the star all on his own and be really easy to kill.

Transition is transition - get through it as fast as you can.

Phase 2 - we don't kill the weapons anymore. Instead, the weapon team drops them in an arc along one side of the room, at max range from the boss. The pattern for the weapon team is start out to drop a weapon, run in for mind control, back out for whirling/weapon, in for MC, out for whirling/weapon, in for MC, out for weapon, in for whirling. The other 7 people sit on the boss the entire time, right where they land from the transition. Rotate cooldowns to handle the whirlings, and light Garrosh up.

Transition time - do it as fast as you can. He'll have empowered whirling now.

Back to phase 2. Weapon team runs to the throne and drops the weapon there, then charges back for MC. We're usually right on the edge of transitioning him before the whirling corruption - if we miss we spread out on the open side of the room, kill the adds, and transition him.

Phase 3 - drop the hammer on him while he powers up - best time to hero. Weapon team needs to get out to drop the weapon - anywhere on the open side of the room works. If you get more than 2 you'll wipe anyway. Stack for MC, interrupt and break them. Spread out loosely for empowered, but don't kill the adds. Keep it up and kill him.

To make the movement clear, here's a replay log showing how we move around - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...BQhH7#fight=20. It's not a kill, but it shows the patterns to phase 3. Go to replay to watch us run around.

Deleted
    Hello again.

We tried to kill garrosh again, and we failed so we love some tips from you.
    This time we did use warcraftlogs, by the end we used a paladin tank to see how that went.
    I can't link sites yet, so please paste this behind http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f3JpDtP9M7b2AByX/. Just like the first time.
    I love any tips or tricks
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-05-09 at 06:37 AM.

Did you even try to do anything people suggested?

The deaths I looked at is because your warrior is hogging all the tanking and falling over. It's fine to one tank it but you kinda need to not die 2 min into attempts all the time.
    Once again damage on Garrosh himself is terrible. 64K from a tank (see note on vengeance above) 134K from a lock and 102k from an SP.

I don't really know what to say, its the same stuff that was happening last time you asked.

#1 - tell your DPS to lay off the AoE, DPS has 3 targets in P1, in priority they are Wolf Rider, Weapon, Garrosh... P1 is a Single Target fight. All DPS has to be intelligent about their inherit cleaves and not use that shit when adds first come out so as to give the tank time to pick them up (for example I never Ice Lance when adds first show). Melee does not kill weapon. Your raids cloaks and the Tank DPS should be more than enough damage to adds that the Ironstar will kill them.

#2 - set up your weapon to always be dropped to right back wall of room (facing throne) and killing the left Engineer (facing throne). When the weapon drops everyone moves to left (facing throne) kill weapon and get back to original spot to drop next weapon. This ensures the whole raid is max distance from the Iron Star when it hits the left wall, which means minimal damage possible, less to heal.

#3 - have the person who is killing engineer call out "incoming Iron Star" in vent about 5 secs before it cuts loose (DBM shows it). This gives melee & tank time to GTFO, allows your knockback provider to get setup to knock those adds back into the star.

#4 - if anyone dies in P1 after you have it down, wipe it and reset, you only have 1 battle rez and you'll need it later, its a long fight

I would suggest a couple changes, first you need to two heal this fight, not a chance in hell you will kill Garrosh without that DPS because after 2nd Intermission you will have Empowered Whirling Corruption, which spawn adds that are the real hurdle with killing Garrosh. At most you will want 1 EWC before entering P3.

Secondly, solo tank the fight, hopefully one of your tanks has a DPS gear set. What this does is puts another DPS into the mix. So you will have 7 DPS, 2 heals and 1 tank. That DPS is going to be huge when you are trying to push Garrosh into P3, done right you avoid any EWC in P2, worse case one EWC in P2.

You should start doing 2 heals and 1 tank now and learn the fight that way. 7 DPS makes a huge difference on getting a Garrosh kill.

When solo tanking, the Chi temple, just have everyone go left (or right) kill the big add, go down, and over to other big add and kill it. The other two temples you don't need to worry about.

Once into P2...

#1 - never kill weapons - waste of DPS

Coming back from the first intermission, stack on the spot where everyone ran to when running from the weapon in P1. Against wall to left (facing throne) at back of room. It will take a bit of practice to get this placed right so as to leave room for 4th weapon.

As soon as weapon drops, everyone stack on tank, break the two people MC's out. NO DoT's, they can kill a player and waste healer time to heal or dispel.

Once the MC's are broke, all ranged run to left of 1st weapon, melee will need to come out too just before Empowered Whirl to reduce damage taken. Make sure ranged are stacked, 3 must be stacked to make the weapon drop in that spot. Otherwise your melee can drop weapon in a bad spot because 3 were not stacked at range (completely random who it picks when 3 are not stacked) Also have your tank move Garrosh parallel to the dropped weapons so as to always keep in range of ranged players. Tank should be 30-35 yards from ranged to reduce EW damage to raid.

As soon as 2nd weapon drops, back on tank, break MC's, move back out to left of 2nd weapon...

As soon as 3rd weapon drops, back on tank, break MC's, move back out to left of 3rd weapon (STAY OFF FIRE GRATES - they hurt)

Once the 4th weapon drops DO NOT MOVE TO BOSS, instead move to left along the left wall and get stacked. Garrosh will do an Empowered Corruption and then you are off to intermission #2.

During this phase when he is doing Empowered whirls, be stacked so healers can AoE heal. Have the Shadow Priest use Vampiric Embrace on one whirl, healers should be able to use cooldowns for the other two. Have the three communicate as to who uses a cool for which EW.

When coming back from 2nd intermission, range stack to the right of the 1st Weapon dropped in P2, as soon as that weapon drops, stack on boss to break MC's.

Now everyone (except tank) should loosely (read6-7 yards apart) spread to right of weapon #5. This is for EWC.

EWC - as soon as a purple swirl appears, under feet, step out and then immediately attack add that forms in middle. DO NOT kill adds to close to each other, as this will empower adds and wipe raid quickly. You get maybe 10 seconds before next weapon is coming. Ideally 3 range can manage to get together and ensure a good weapon placement. Once your add is dead, help someone else. In 10 man there are always 8 people who will spawn add.

As soon as weapon #6 drops, get to boss for MC. With 7 DPS you should not see this MC.

P3

Garrosh goes middle... yay free DPS.... hero the moment he does... clean up any adds... have ranged stack to right of last weapon (first thing Garrosh does after becoming active again is toss a weapon)

Once weapon drops, everyone on Boss and 10,000% FOCUS on the Empowered MC's when they happen, stop these from casting and break ASAP.

Spread out to right of last weapon, EWC inbound, side step add spawn, ignore adds and focus everything on boss. We have our DK pick up that last wave of adds to keep them off the tank and healers. Be ready to collapse for MC break out, but if your <10 million on boss, can probably ignore them and finish off boss.

Intermissions - have everyone trying to get buff that reduces damage by 50%, in they don't, make sure they are using personal cools to survive/help healers
    Last edited by gallamann; 2014-05-09 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acheloos View Post
    Hello again.

We tried to kill garrosh again, and we failed so we love some tips from you.
    This time we did use warcraftlogs, by the end we used a paladin tank to see how that went.
    I can't link sites yet, so please paste this behind http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f3JpDtP9M7b2AByX/. Just like the first time.
    I love any tips or tricks
    In your longest attempt:

Your enh shaman died to adds tell him to stop hitting them before they are picked up

Your tank died because he had too many stacks of gripping despair, you should switch at about 4 max

Your druid died because your spriest used devo plague on him: tell your raid NEVER to leave dots on mind controlled targets

But mainly your tanks are failing, the tank on garrosh has adds on him and cannot survive due to incompetence or gear. Probably just him spamming revenge and thunderclap while tanking garrosh

Also I notice the warrior tank is using second wind: tell him its bad for pve and he should be using enraged regen.

Deleted
    If we can get some extra information of you are approaching the fight that would be nice, because there are alot of ways to actually aproach this fight

Deleted
    Hi, the SP here.

Approach to the fight:
    Warrior tank: tanks the boss + adds for ragebuilt up so he can use his block ability off cd for less dmg. (got this from a warrior tank who is killing it this way).
    Druid tank: picks up adds and brings its to warrior tank. Druid tank also picks up aggro on wolfrider making sure it gets hit by star and other dps dont get aggro after the hit when killing the wolfrider.

P1 using the triangle tactic: Tanks+melee in the centre and range going left to right and back for the weapon.
    The Sp (me) is on the engineer and the weapon and when time on boss (always trying to keep up dots on boss with everything)

For the dps is main focus on the boss and using cleave abilities iwhen adds up. For the range (warlock+hunter) some dmg on the weapon if needed.

P2: the plan is to drop the weapons at 1 side of the room and not dps it down. When the weapons is being trown, we all will stack at boss/melee so MC can be handled as fast as posible.

The problem we are having is in P1, the tank dieing at wave 2/3 and if dps on the low side at wave 4 (i know we shouldnt get a wave 4).
    On the chance we do get into P2, we fail at the MC since its new to some people. See this a later problem to handle after getting P1 under controle.

Thanks for all the help.

It's been months since I killed Garry 10norm but maybe this hasn't changed, this was the first week it was out. Our tanks got smacked and killed a few times in phase 1 because we would mass stun the adds and when they got out of stuns they would MOLLY WOPP the tank to death if they didn't have a cooldown. Try and stagger when they get into range of the tank so their melle attacks aren't hitting at the same time.

Obvi roll cooldowns and extrenals if you aren't. (on phone so can't bother to look at logs)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodric View Post
    Hi, the SP here.

Approach to the fight:
    Warrior tank: tanks the boss + adds for ragebuilt up so he can use his block ability off cd for less dmg. (got this from a warrior tank who is killing it this way).
    Druid tank: picks up adds and brings its to warrior tank. Druid tank also picks up aggro on wolfrider making sure it gets hit by star and other dps dont get aggro after the hit when killing the wolfrider.

P1 using the triangle tactic: Tanks+melee in the centre and range going left to right and back for the weapon.
    The Sp (me) is on the engineer and the weapon and when time on boss (always trying to keep up dots on boss with everything)

For the dps is main focus on the boss and using cleave abilities iwhen adds up. For the range (warlock+hunter) some dmg on the weapon if needed.

P2: the plan is to drop the weapons at 1 side of the room and not dps it down. When the weapons is being trown, we all will stack at boss/melee so MC can be handled as fast as posible.

The problem we are having is in P1, the tank dieing at wave 2/3 and if dps on the low side at wave 4 (i know we shouldnt get a wave 4).
    On the chance we do get into P2, we fail at the MC since its new to some people. See this a later problem to handle after getting P1 under controle.

Thanks for all the help.
    your garrosh tank should not be tanking all the adds.

P2: don't stand near garrosh unless you have VERY good healers or 3 healing, whirling corruption does more damage the closer you are to him.

for regular mind controls any form of cc works on them as well as interrupts, don't use strong dots on people who are MCed in this phase since it's likely to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodric View Post
    Hi, the SP here.

Approach to the fight:

Thanks for all the help.
    First off, if you take 2 tanks then use 2 tanks. The tank that will take the adds starts by tanking the boss for the few seconds before the adds spawn to get vengeance meaning the adds will stick to him. After that the tanks need to communicate - if one has too many adds then the other needs to have the boss. What your warrior is currently doing is vengeance whoring and dying.... a lot. Its completely pointless and a bad way of doing things unless you can do it well.
    Look at this. The vengeance starved druid is getting to do f all http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&target=135

You shouldn't be on the weapon fulltime. You have 3 ranged there that can kill it and for the warlock its a dps gain to do so (He needs to havoc CB the weap and boss). Currently hes only casting incinerate on it which is bad play.

Lets look at individuals on this attempt: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&target=135
    The lock:
    He cast 7 chaos bolts in 4:30
    He needs to use Havoc a LOT more. Theres always a weapon to havoc and CB the boss. Theres adds in the transition to hacov and so on.
    His immolate uptime is less than 40%
    The dude is 566 level yet hes managing 134k on the boss.

SP (you)
    On your 4:30 attempt you cast mindblast 21 times. (34 are possible without procs from DI) so you need to perfect your mindblast usage. (You had 20 DI procs so perfection would have been closer to 54 mindblasts)
    You SW:P and VT times are 60% and 40%. Your Dots are falling off too much.
    Your halo is hitting well, nothing. You cast it 3x in 4:30 and you did 1.01m dmg with it. Position better and use it smartly so you can smack adds and the boss etc.

Warrior tank
    Shield slam is a huge rage generator and it does good damage. He used it 9x in 4:30 It has a 6 sec CD so he could have used it 45x. Put another way he lost 720 rage and ~12mill damage
    He has stormbolt talented but used it 4x in 4:30, should have been double that.
    Dunno much else about warriors but that stands out.

The Guardian
    Well like I said above, you may as well just skin him and use him as a rug because hes getting to do fuck all. Use him properly or one tank the fight imo.

Overall defensives usage is bad too, use them for ironstar impacts etc. Devos / banners / personals and so on.