Well, the way I see it, there's two ways to think about FF7.

One is to argue game mechanics. This presents a lot of problems, as it forces many conversions, (how much HP does Trunks have, how much damage does he do?) which is ultimately based on opinions, not hard facts.

The second is to argue lore, story, what the characters have been shown to do. This is still subject to many opinions and interpretations, but it is my opinion that it's a more solid basis for an argument.

The problem, is that there's often a disparity between the two. If Safer Sephiroth's supernova is actually powerful enough to destroy a solar system, as shown by its animation, then certain canonical events become impossible. Cloud cannot survive supernova, but also get hurt by Sephiroth's sword in Advent Children. It's simply not possible, because it would take an equivalent amount of energy to hurt Cloud. That means when Cloud blocks one of Sephiroth's hits, the backlash should disintegrate the planet.

DBZ gets around this issue by turning the laws of physics on their heads, by repeatedly showing that Newton's third law of motion does not exist, or at the very least can be subverted by large quantities of energy. The same does not hold true for FF7. In fact we see this law demonstrated when the Sister Ray is fired; it breaks under the strain.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I don't think there's any significant evidence to suggest that Cloud is capable of outputting or surviving more than a few hundred tons of force. And I base that entirely on his fight with Bahamut Tremor in Advent Children, as that's actually the most visually impressive quantifiable thing we ever see Cloud do.

And I'm 110% certain that revivals are either just a game mechanic, or only work on people that are unconscious, not dead. Otherwise they would have slapped Aeris with one.