Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Whenever I murder someone I usually lie about it. i assume most people do the same.
    lol this made me lol irl

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    so what you are saying is if somebody admits to something that is 100percent true
    but if they deny it then it is 100percent false?
    WHY would you admit to murder if it wasn't true?

Obviously you would claim it isn't true.

I... can't believe I'm having to explain this.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever I murder someone I usually lie about it. i assume most people do the same.
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It has to do with the rules of evidence. A denial of murder falls squarely under the hearsay rules. However, an admission to murder falls under an exception to hearsay as a statement contrary to one's own interest. The reason for this is the assumption that one does not have a reason to make a statement against his own interest unless that statement is true. There are several exceptions to hearsay. Another interesting one is "excited utterance." That is a statement made in the heat of the moment that something dramatic or exciting happens. The rules of evidence presume that person will not lie when making such a statement, though the reality of people has often proved opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    so what you are saying is if somebody admits to something that is 100 percent true
    but if they deny it then it is 100 percent false?
    I'm mainly saying you should stop asking self explanatory questions. If I lie and say I have a pet unicorn 1000 times would you believe me? If I then admit I do not actually own a pet unicorn would you question the possibility that I actually might own a unicorn? In the case of the guy murdering someone else I'm sure they have more proof than they guy admitting it once while under surveillance. They probably have things such as motive, no alibi, physical evidence of some sort, or something else. If you add all the other evidence they have I'm sure his self admission of guilt puts that final nail in the coffin.

Now, in future if you could possibly take the 2-3 seconds it takes to think of things not mentioned in the article you half read I'm sure you will save us all having to answer questions your average 9 year old could answer.

That and please next time link the actual article rather than give us your word as to what happened in it.

If you're going with not guilty everyone in the court room obviously assumes you're going to say you didn't do it so why do you need a recording to say it too?!

Deleted
    You can't spend money behind bars.
    This depends on country. In Belgium you can spend money.

Deleted
    Murdering I can get behind, but lying about it? What kind of monster are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There's a little thing called "lying."
    I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk about that little thing in public.

Deleted
    But if you are recorded denying something and try to use it in court it holds no weight at all???
    Common sense is so hard.

Deleted
    What the hell...if denying you committed a crime would get you off the charges nobody would ever go to jail, it isn't proof that you didn't do it, admitting you did it is not proof either but why would someone admit to something they didn't do, when that would make them go to jail?

Deleted
    Why would you? Only trough fear you control!

Every time I hear or read about a murder, I make a point of recording myself saying I didn't do it. It must work because I have yet to be tried for murder.

What bothers me is that people want to find someone guilty of a crime when a person refuses to cooperate with the police. Nothing you say can help you in court. It can only hurt you. Therefore, it is best to simply not say anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of society . We are the only animals on the planet that punish for wrong doing and society is all about agreements on what is right and what is wrong.

You need to know or at least admit that you have done is wrong in order to be punished so that everyone can have a clear conscience .

10+ Year Old Account
    Judge: "Did you kill this man?"

Bad Guy: "No. I did not kill him."

Judge: *Bangs Gavel* "Dismissed. This man did not kill him. Case closed."
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis