Haven't been able to vote kick in 9 months

So I stopped playing wow in October for a number of reasons. Killed Garosh once and decided I didn't want to pay to play for a year until next XPac.

Before I left, I had opened a few tickets regarding my inability to vote kick. It didn't matter how long I waited I always received an error message saying "this player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours". I tracked this from early August through my departure in October.

Fast forward to yesterday. I and a buddy were feeling nostalgic and decided to resub for 1 month to see if there was anything fun to do. This evening I que as a healer for first LFR. After 30+ min we join a group at blackfuse with 3 stacks of determination. Most of the raid is asking for help kicking pally tank who was in 4 greens, and an assortment of other gear that was not gemmed or enchanted. I am still confused how he met the min ilvl to que.

So I and a few other new people said to give him a chance. After 10 more min another tank pops and brings up concerns about pally's gear. We ask him to give the tank a chance. Pally pulls without warning and starts doing some crazy stuff with boss that quickly leads to wipe. Healers were geared to keep him up if he had known fight but obviously did not and did not care to communicate.

So during recover we agree to vote kick. I click the option and guess what! THIS PLAYER CANNOT BE KICKED FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS

Has this happened to anyone else. I am pissed that after more than 6 months I still cannot kick someone who thoroughly deserves it.

Do you have an history of using the kick button alot? Maybe sometimes with little to no reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Yeah, I never see anything but that message. I only try to kick if someone is really, really bad or doing stupid stuff and yet always 2 hours. I know they have some behind the scenes rules behind how it decides to tell you that but what that criteria is or how I manage to trigger it is a mystery. I can only think of 2 instances when I tried to kick someone and it didn't say that. I wish I knew what I was doing to trigger it. I also wish they'd stop saying 2 hours because it's not 2 hours, it's code for "You can't kick because you did something to trigger the prevent kick mechanism".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Do you have an history of using the kick button alot? Maybe sometimes with little to no reason?
    Pretty sure if you read their post you'd see they said that isn't the case especially considering they didn't play for a few months and this was in their 1st LFR run on the 1st boss after queuing in. Also, it happens to me if I try to kick someone, and you could say I try to kick frequently (once every week or 2) but it's never succesful because it always says 2 hours so I don't think the attempt should count against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    So I and a few other new people said to give him a chance. After 10 more min another tank pops and brings up concerns about pally's gear. We ask him to give the tank a chance. Pally pulls without warning and starts doing some crazy stuff with boss that quickly leads to wipe.
    Going by that description it could also be just some retard who got kicked too often previously by others so you can't kick him now.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-04-30 at 04:23 AM.

Honestly, I think it's just never worked right. Problems vote kicking people, from memory, began when they put a limit on the number of times you could vote kick per group back in WotLK. It was met with complaints because let's face it, sometimes, you just have to vote kick alot of people .. (not so much anymore, but it used to be an issue.) So the last post I remember seeing was: "We've removed the limit on the number of vote kicks, and we've also removed the 15 minute wait before you can vote kick someone from a group." And from there, the 15 minute timer was >still there< and issues like that the OP described, began.

Everyone always has a story about how/why it happens. "You vote kick too often", "you have to run X dungeons without kicking someone to be able to," but whatever someone tries to use to explain it, it's always proven inaccurate. The system is just messed up, that's all I can figure. I wonder if they'll fix it like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    This was my first guess as well. It sounds like one of two things.

1) There were too many kicks that already happened in your raid already so you cannot kick anymore for 2 hours.

2) You abused the kick system and now you lost your privileges to kick.

I would put myself as an average vote kicker. I don't do it unless it is really deserved. As with the above story, I gave the tank the benefit of the doubt and only tried to vote kick after he showed how incompetent he was. I would estimate 1-2 kicks per week. And I ran many random heroics and LFR and always maxed out my JP so I don't think 1-2 kicks was that much.

Furthermore this was my first kick attempt in many months. While there is a chance he has been kicked so much the game won't let him be kicked any more or that so many kicks happened before I got there that I was not allowed, I don't think that was it, since other players did not indicate any issues with vote kick.

I really think something is malfunctioning with my account and now it permanently indicates I have over used the vote kick system.

How it works is if that person has been kicked couple times before within around a day or so(exact time unknown) they can't be kicked again for a long time. I've tested it with friends and if you haven't been kicked in awhile, you can be at anytime.

Deleted
    I also think if the person you're trying to kick has been kicked many times already may give him a protection for new kicks. Which would be stupid especially for bots but still, I think it might be a reason.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It totally works right. You just tried to kick too many doods way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    I also think if the person you're trying to kick has been kicked many times already may give him a protection for new kicks. Which would be stupid especially for bots but still, I think it might be a reason.
    This is often the case when I've done LFR runs. A lot of people realizing they can abuse the vote kick functions to get immunity to kicks for lengths of time.

I have the same problem. I ticketed a GM about it and he confirmed to me that I didn't abuse the kicking function since they can see logs of that but he had no idea why there was a restriction.

He reset a few things in blizz databases but it didn't end up amounting to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    This is not how it works. If you kick too often it stops you from kicking. At which time you have to get other people to kick them for you. I had a healer last week who did 20k healing the whole fight and died during the first minute of 2 bosses on purpose so they could go afk. After the second boss (which no one else died and they had reincarnate so they could of gotten up by themselves) I called out to have them booted. It just required one more person than my kick vote to get them out, and it worked.

The kick ban is worded poorly, it says ,"That player cant be kicked for 2 hours." making you think that player is protected from kicks some how, when it should say, "You are not allowed to kick for 2 hours." meaning the kick ban is on you. Even the 2 hour thing is inaccurate as that message has been known to last for an unknown length of time.

I remember a post a blue made, not sure where it is, that there is kick protection on the person being kicked too. If he's been kicked from a lot of other things recently, it becomes harder and harder to get rid of him. If everyone is getting the 2 hour thing, it can mean he's been thrown out of other raids for the same crap and now the protection is kicking in.

I had this issue lvling an alt, when we tried to kick someone for AFKing immediate upon entering and saying hi. Kept saying we were just coming out of combat but we even tried to wait and see and nothing. We sadly 4-manned it, but they probably got credit.

Group-wreckers, in the forms of both trolls and baddies, pay a sub fee too. Don't hold your breath, Blizzard will continue to enable them and force you to pick up the slack. And if they make it impossible? Well, too bad for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I have that come up, its generally on the players you really, REALLY want to vote-kick due to them being toxic in some form or another. I think its due to the fact that they get vote kicked often enough that you can't vote kick em anymore, which is pretty sad. Blizz needs to fix that- Toxic players should be punished for repeated vote kicking, like if they get vote kicked out of, say, 30% of their groups, they get increasing limits on their ability to que for groups, such as longer waits on being able to use que buttons (+5/15/30/hour), longer deserter debuffs, ect, instead of giving them !@#$ing vote kick protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Unless I'm mistaken isn't there two things that can trigger the anti-kick mechanism?

1) That particular group has kicked too many people since forming
    2) The person you want kicked has been kicked (insert arbitrary number of times) before joining your group

Now personally #2 seems a little odd as if somebody is constantly being kicked, there's likely a reason (e.g. wearing 4 greens) but I guess the intention is that eventually they'll be helped along to finish the content (whether or not that's the right assumption to make, however, is a different topic).

It could be #1; when I last played it always seemed to me that joining a group in progress meant it was very difficult to kick anyone, while it seemed easier to kick if you joined a fresh group, but to be honest I never looked that much into it and being geared myself I had no problem doing whatever I could to help others without resorting to kicks.

Or it could just be that the kick system hasn't worked exactly as intended since it was implemented