Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Should be used for the most heinous crimes where it's certain that the perpetrator isn't innocent.

Deleted
    What do you expect from bunch of random people without law education passing judgement on you? It's not next american idol tv show, why the hell they use jury system? Or they can take Jeff Probst put people in survivor group and make them vote on who is guilty, it would have same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Should be used for the most heinous crimes where it's certain that the perpetrator isn't innocent.
    I'm certain my neighbor's kids are heinous douches that scream at the top of their lungs while running around playing whatever stupid game they play out on the street. So I have no doubt we're both in agreement they should be executed.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Oh come on Mormolyce. You know the responses to this are going to be 'Cuz Blacks!'.
    Quick calculation from the FBI stats site:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-3

Assuming "blacks" are 13% of the population (~300m) and "whites" 80%, and assuming the ratios of races are consistent (remember that in something like a third of all homicides the race of the offender is unknown), if there were no black people in the US the homicide rate would drop from 4 times the rate of other nations to a mere 2 times. Yay?

But of course, these crime rates are not adjusted for economic status. Black people are much poorer on average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    not sure if sarcasm
    Go watch "The Man With Two Brains". I guarantee you it's more entertaining than arguing about the death penalty on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Nonsense. If the murder of twelve innocent people can help save one human life, it will have been worth it.
    Maybe you should just pre-emptively murder all the poor people then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Is that not what the trial and appeals process is for?

And despite all that, still 4% were innocent.

Nonsense. If the murder of twelve innocent people can help save one human life, it will have been worth it.
    Is this intentional irony? Trading 12 innocent lives for 1 innocent life? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't fare well in debate.
    Neither does BS statistical estimates

Go watch "The Man With Two Brains". I guarantee you it's more entertaining than arguing about the death penalty on a gaming forum.
    Ooh, Steve Martin. I think I might do just that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterDunker View Post
    You try getting homemade blowdarts shot at you covered in feces by one of the so-called "innocents"
    Judging by your tone, I would be honestly surprised if you didn't have that coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Neither does BS statistical estimates
    What makes them BS? Where did their methodology fail?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    What makes them BS? Where did their methodology fail?
    How do they estimate the number of innocent? How can they presume the number of innocent people incarcerated?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    How do they estimate the number of innocent? How can they presume the number of innocent people incarcerated?
    Couldn't you read the article to determine if their method to determine the number of innocent people sentenced to death is wrong or flawed?

Deleted
    I'd say that's pretty good number, we have much better tools now and the number should be lower with new criminals.

Besides, there is a number like that for every all prisoners going from shoplifters to car thieves to fraud. Might as well release more prisoners as we wouldn't want too many "innocent" in prison. I suggest you stop living in a fairy tale and accept that every system has flaws, that doesn't make it a bad system.

I wonder how many of you have bitched about false rape accusations in a "feminazis!" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'm certain my neighbor's kids are heinous douches that scream at the top of their lungs while running around playing whatever stupid game they play out on the street. So I have no doubt we're both in agreement they should be executed.
    Using extreme situations isn't helping your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this having much of anything to do with the death penalty, but rather with our determination of guilt as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I wonder how many of you have bitched about false rape accusations in a "feminazis!" thread.
    I think the same way about those "criminals". The only thing different is I think if proven that someone made false accusations then that person (woman in most cases) deserves to be executed as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't see this having much of anything to do with the death penalty, but rather with our determination of guilt as a whole.
    Pretty much, otherwise they'd be talking about X amount of innocent people who are convicted and not just about the death penalty.

Regardless of anything else, death is an escape from actual punishment. That's why I don't like the death penalty. Add that to the fact that we have to kill them in the most expensive and humane way possible with innocent people sometimes dying, it really doesn't make any sense for it to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I dread to think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Regardless of anything else, death is an escape from actual punishment. That's why I don't like the death penalty. Add that to the fact that we have to kill them in the most expensive and humane way possible with innocent people sometimes dying, it really doesn't make any sense for it to exist.
    I personally never understood why a bullet to the head isn't humane, it's quick and painless. And a bullet only costs a few cents. I agree that the way they used to kill you with having 10 people shoot at you is horrible, but a short distance headshot couldn't possibly hurt.