Thread: Rogue haste

10+ Year Old Account

Rogue haste

Hey, I've recently started playing wow again in my rogue and I have been loving it, I looked up ways I could improve my dps by looking at the worlds best rogues and I saw that they have gem'd either Agi haste gems or in some cases just haste!? I tried this and it made my dps worse and I've done nothing different in my raids?? Any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Hey, I've recently started playing wow again in my rogue and I have been loving it, I looked up ways I could improve my dps by looking at the worlds best rogues and I saw that they have gem'd either Agi haste gems or in some cases just haste!? I tried this and it made my dps worse and I've done nothing different in my raids?? Any reason why?
    What spec are you?
    If you're assassination you should go mastery > haste.

If you're combat or sub and your dps got worse, then are you getting energy capped at some points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination

If you just started playing again, you probably don't have the meta or cloak. Haste isn't great for Assassination until you get both of them.

Use ShadowCraft to optimize in the future.

Deleted
    In terms of optimizing your character going for haste crit or mastery as assassination won't affect your dps massively in any direction, I would recommend you go for a mastery build, especially while you're new to the class as this is the most consistent damage, but gemming agility should be a priority, full haste gems are really only worth it for combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a huge energy regen problem, its making it unfun to play
    Last edited by aarro; 2014-04-30 at 07:37 PM.

Welcome to Assassination. That is how the spec is supposed to play.

It picks up naturally as you get more gear, even when reforging into mastery. The T16 2pc helps pick up the pace as well. It still never gets as fast as Combat or Subt; however, it is the best damage until you get mostly normal SoO gear and AoC.

EDIT: If your energy generation is really low, make sure you are keeping Rupture up at all times. It has a chance to return energy through Venomous Wounds when it ticks.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-04-30 at 10:02 PM.

At lower levels before obtaining the meta gem and legendary cloak as well as some rppm trinkets then mastery>haste>crit is usually what you should do as assn. As you obtain more gear(maybe around 540 to 550 ilvl) and previously said items you should switch to haste≥mast=crit as haste increases the uptime of your gem, cloak, and trinkets as well as increases your energy pool and makes your deadly poisons hit more often.