Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SRF View Post
    Agreed =[ part of me wants Blizz to show me something to re sub but its just not going in the right direction
    Yea, this pruning and feeling more and more like a warrior is why I am getting bored of the game I think. I am actually debating just quitting, my sub is still active but I haven't played in two months due to a hand injury. I have a WoD beta key..debating just selling it and moving on from this game because I have been super excited for every expansion and the more I heard about them the more excited I got...I was excited for WoD details at blizzcon and every time I hear more information(although it hasn't been a ton) I get less and less excited about it....And Yes it is mostly because of the DK stuff. Blood sounds awesome but I dont like to tank as a raider since I don't like that responsibility thrown on me(did it in TBC and never will do it again). DPS DK shit has barely been brought up and what has been pruned im not happy of. The flavor of this class now is no where near what made me love the class to begin with.

Back when dancing runeblade could pop its own army.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Unholy slightly OP
    Unholy was extremely op, Plague strike removed hots from enemy players...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Unholy was extremely op, Plague strike removed hots from enemy players...
    Yeah I know. "Slightly" was ironic in case you didn't notice
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    Oh man I miss blood dps... and stacking armor pen

Deleted
    Miss insta hungering cold and desecrated ground on plague strike

I also vaguely remember blood being an unkillable dps spec and frost being tank. What patch was that if these trees seem to have blood as a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post

I also vaguely remember blood being an unkillable dps spec and frost being tank. What patch was that if these trees seem to have blood as a tank?

The link is alpha, however you can view all the beta patches and live patches there aswell.

Holy crap that blood tree is AMAZING.

I think around 3.2/3.3 blood started becoming the baseline tank tree. Frost was always the "official" tank tree but DKs went thru expansion-changing overhauls every patch in Wrath and for whatever reason blood became better for tanking.

It wasn't until Catacylsm in 4.0 in which Blood because a dedicated Tank Spec with this link here to the 4.3 version that i found via google:
    http://talents.ice-wow.eu/eng/?DK

For the whole of 3.0 all three specs could tank you just needed the unholy trinity of Blade Barrier, Toughness and Avoidance talents from the top of all 3 trees and then to avoid dps talents like Sudden Doom in Blood.

Like this would be considered a Frost Tank spec: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#jzxh...rhzc0fukVocx0h

Unholy Tank avoids all the pet talents: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#jcth...xGIo0zgchk0uIo

Screw Unholy or Blood dps, I want the old KM/HB DW spec back. Memories :<

http://imgur.com/4S8tcuD

i forgot how big those tree were. dang.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I want the old KM/HB DW spec back.
    32/39 was hilarious.

I didn't look at these talents because the website needs me to allow it in noscript and i'd rather not trust some website i've never heard of.

I will say however, I very clearly remember doing dungeon groups with 5 DKs all in blood presence. Since blood presence healed you a % of the damage you dealt and it had an aura that stacked that applied to everyone else that did the same. A group of 5 dks didn't need a healer, they just went through there healing themselves with blood aura. Those were good times.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

If the gladiator stance experiment works out they could do the same for DKs and make blood dps again with a talent like death presence? #hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    If the gladiator stance experiment works out they could do the same for DKs and make blood dps again with a talent like death presence? #hopeful
    Inb4 every single dk rolls blood dps
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    I miss old trees, didnt care if it was cookie cutter, i liked it.

I also miss unique buffs like presences
    So do I. Cookie cutter or not - they were fun. Look how interesting these talent trees were compared to our talent trees now that are built for convenience. And to be honest, when you get down to it, the talents now are just as cookie cutter. Just respec based on the fight, but the choices you make feel like they make very little difference overall and therefore just feel like a chore. Gorefiend's grasp obviously is an awesome tool in a raid but it's basically a go-to. Chilblains can be very helpful as well but there's nothing fun or interesting about swapping between it and death's advance situationally.

I also miss buying new spells and new ranks of existing spells from trainers and putting them on my bars manually. People found that to be too much of a hassle? It was exciting to me gaining a new ability or looking forward to getting my new rank of a main nuke type of ability- but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Inb4 every single dk rolls blood dps
    nope. would stay frost dps.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

This shows how simple-minded Blizzard have become when it comes to Frost Dk's.

Heroic leap made it to pre-WotLK beta. I actually remember using it on 3.0.1 PTR. Used to function differently. Wasn't targetable and instead just forced you to leap to your target and the pathing was pretty damn bad but I still loved it and was sad when it didn't happen. Cataclysm made me exceptionally happy in that regard.

Also people saying these talents were more cookie cutter than the current ones clearly didn't play warrior in 3.3. The amount of variety for rank 1 viable warrior specs as well as world first viable dps specs was insane in 3.3 and actually had more variety than the current specs. Of course other classes didn't but it goes to show that if Blizzard wanted the previous talent system could easily have lent itself to more variety for ALL classes.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-05-03 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I didn't realize how much I missed the old trees until I saw this.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice