Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classless move.. While I don't think Shaq deserves to be fired for it, he definitely owes that guy a sincere apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethrysa View Post
    Classless move.. While I don't think Shaq deserves to be fired for it, he definitely owes that guy a sincere apology.
    Which he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    technically your right, sterling said his in private, Shaq posted his to the whole world.
    No I'm right because they're completely different.

This would be comparable if Shaq owned a disabled basketball team and spoke ill of all the disabled people saying he doesn't want to be seen with them, doesn't want them at his games, and so on. Then it would be comparable. I mean honestly this is like 3rd grade stuff.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaq should never be allowed to play in the NBA again.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So what you're saying is: nothing would have satisfied you, rendering your "outrage" meaningless.

so you honestly think he was sincere about it?

most people never are and just throw on a happy face maybe give some money and say "see, look how nice i am."

and then the fans pick and choose who is sincere when really they are just a bunch of fools.

Jokes on Shaq; there's still people that remember "Shaq Fu."

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Which he did.

- - - Updated - - -

No I'm right because they're completely different.

This would be comparable if Shaq owned a disabled basketball team and spoke ill of all the disabled people saying he doesn't want to be seen with them, doesn't want them at his games, and so on. Then it would be comparable. I mean honestly this is like 3rd grade stuff.
    so it's ok since shaq is a third grader?

also again sterlins was private recording *which was technically taken illegally*

and shaq's was public to the whole world

technically your right, sterling said his in private, Shaq posted his to the whole world.
    Shaq has apologized and Sterling hasn't afaik. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Jokes on Shaq; there's still people that remember "Shaq Fu."
    And Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Shaq has apologized and Sterling hasn't afaik. There's a difference.
    i still would not believe sterling if he did, and neither would you, so why do you think shaq is sincere?

i still would not believe sterling if he did, and neither would you, so why do you think shaq is sincere?
    The fact is Sterling doesn't give a shit.

What is the gist here?
    Are we supposed to compare this to Stirling or not and have drama about a black guy doing this to a black guy is ok, level discussion here?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

so it's ok since shaq is a third grader?

also again sterlins was private recording *which was technically taken illegally*

and shaq's was public to the whole world
    You confuse "not comparable" with me saying one is "okay". Only people are have no idea how to argue, and now idea how to actually think through a sentence write just foolery.

You say this but it's not really illegal if it's part of a whistleblow.

Shaq's picture was public which speaks more to stupidity and not hatred, again stupidity is more forgivable than hatred.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    What is the gist here?
    Are we supposed to compare this to Stirling or not and have drama about a black guy doing this to a black guy is ok, level discussion here?
    A ex-nba player making jest of a person and then apologizing is somehow comparable with an NBA team owner dislike of blacks, which most of the nba is and most of his team is... I don't see the comparisons... last I checked Shaq didn't own a disabled basketball team.

You confuse "not comparable" with me saying one is "okay". Only people are have no idea how to argue, and now idea how to actually think through a sentence write just foolery.

You say this but it's not really illegal if it's part of a whistleblow.

Shaq's picture was public which speaks more to stupidity and not hatred, again stupidity is more forgivable than hatred.
    how do you know it;s not hate? do you know shaq personally?

stupidity and hatred can sometimes be the same thing also.

also it's still illegal regardless if it is a whistleblower *look at snowden*

while i think it was great he exposed and proved what we already know.... what he did was still technically illegal.....

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

A ex-nba player making jest of a person and then apologizing is somehow comparable with an NBA team owner dislike of blacks, which most of the nba is and most of his team is... I don't see the comparisons... last I checked Shaq didn't own a disabled basketball team.
    Last time I checked, Sterling doesn't own a black basketball team. Sterling is going to come out and apologize too.

If I could redo my OP, I would just leave Sterling out of it and wish I had just focused on how discrimination and bigotry towards disabled people isn't taken as seriously as other kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    Last time I checked, Sterling doesn't own a black basketball team. Sterling is going to come out and apologize too.

If I could redo my OP, I would just leave Sterling out of it and wish I had just focused on how discrimination and bigotry towards disabled people isn't taken as seriously as other kinds.
    Nope, he just owns a team in which its members are predominantly black, in a sport in which 80% of the players are predominantly black. And he didn't apologize after being found having discriminated against minorities and preventing them from renting on his property (he paid out the settlement to avoid having to admit guilt), so why would he apologize for this?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Lol.

You want to get someone fired for making fun of someone?

Woahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

People really need to grow thicker skin lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean he will have to stop making those awful Gold Bond lotion commercials?