Thread: Paragons

Deleted

Paragons

Hey

got one shot on paragons pull once or twice

I'm misdirecting to the tanks, is it just because I'm hitting the boss before them?

Pretty sure they don't have threat tables till they land and activate - depending on your tactic, you are either hitting the wrong target from the start (one that the tanks are not prioritizing picking up), or you're just hitting at it too early. If it's the latter, just wait till they land and do a wiggle and go for the tanks.

Just make sure you never stand in melee range of where the bosses are gonna land. Melees in the guild I am in has been insta-gipped by em' once or twice aswell, even though tanks picks them up asap with taunt.

Deleted
    Thanks for your replies.

I honestly thought it was because our tanks are a bit slow :P

100% MD'ing to the right target

I wasnt standing anywhere near where they land BUT i was basically underneath their starting positions so they would fly past the top of me to the tanks.

I'll just stay far back until the tanks have aggro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Pretty sure they don't have threat tables till they land and activate
    Don't think they do, but in some cases they do instantly hit someone who is nearby if they get threat on them. I've barely seen it since progression but it was a problem for classes who wanted to DoT for procs and such.

I have been pulled and killed by one of the 1st of the three that start the encounter, even though i did nothing. No traps, no auto attacks, pet passive. On progress, we would only start dpsing after the 1st wave of adds spawned, but even still, some healers/dps were pulled and had 0 dmg/healing on the logs. PPl pulled were far away from the center or where they would land. It's a uncommon and "random" thing.

About the threat table, they don't have it till they land, but if they ar taunted mid-air they will go for the tank as soon as they land(which means even if they are taunted if you stand where they land you will prolly get meleed).

happened to me before. I dont even touch the bosses in the first couple seconds because of this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxhunter View Post
    ... BUT i was basically underneath their starting positions so they would fly past the top of me to the tanks.
    This. Don't stand anywhere near the flight path of activating paragons (on the pull AND when the later paragons activate, too).

Don't even bother to try and understand the encounter.

It's so completely bugged in every possible way. Just some retarded things that have happened to us so far:
    -Skeer not spawning the 2nd wave of Bloods
    -Skeer's 2nd blood wave going to Rikkal/Hisek even though Skeer was at under 20%
    -Hisek not using first aim at all
    -Hisek's Aim not doing any damage even though they go off
    -Hisek's dance not going off at all and he just skips it
    -Rikkal not spawning any parasites even though tank had debuff
    -Korven's Amber ability going on him at over 50% health instead of Hisek who is below 50%
    -Korven's Amber ability being used on target's with +90% health(he once used it on Ka'roz instead of Hisek)
    -Korven's amber going on him when he was at 1% health
    -Korven randomly turning around(literally turning 180 degrees) and killing all melee, logs double checked for any taunts.
    -Overall bosses having fucked up aggro table, sometimes they land, go to the tank and then suddenly turn around and melee someone to death
    -If Xaril dies right after he has cast his spell(Purple/Orange/Green shit) and the "projectiles" are in air, they just disappear and nothing happens
    -Ka'roz sometimes has a tendency to just go between 2 players as his Whirling targets(fun times when he chooses 2 people and the Melee are right in between the 2 range )
    -Ka'roz doesn't throw right amount of Ambers, sometimes he throws 2 and sometimes 3
    -You can cleanse the stacking debuffs the bosses put with Hand of Protection from a Paladin, making the stacks pretty much irrelevant with a Paladin in the raid
    -Also some abilities are just plain delayed for no reason

Blizzard decided to make threat tables stupid this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Don't even bother to try and understand the encounter.
    Still better than IVZ in HoF

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Blizzard decided to make threat tables stupid this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Still better than IVZ in HoF
    Zorlok wasn't really bugged, the fight just had a lot of discs flying which made it damn hard for everyone to survive in last phase. And also the big AoE screeches hitting MC'd people along with it happening sometimes during the Discs.

Zorlok was just balls-hard before the nerf to fix the platform order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Zorlok wasn't really bugged, the fight just had a lot of discs flying which made it damn hard for everyone to survive in last phase. And also the big AoE screeches hitting MC'd people along with it happening sometimes during the Discs.
    No it was bugged for sure in certain parts.e

Deleted
    Seeing how much problem others have had with this fight I must consider myself lucky, I have barely seen any bugs at all in this encounter