Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What was your favourite patch for playing DKs?

Same as the title.

What was your favourite patch and why?

Was it because of PVE, PVP or something else?

My favorite spec was always the spec least played. I somewhat like being the underdog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever Diseaseless Blood was still around. I miss that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Whenever Diseaseless Blood was still around. I miss that shit.
    Hell yeah! That would have been early in the expansion, during 3.0.X. It was so nice just hitting like a truck while ignoring diseases. Blood DPS was just plain awesome, period.

The launch of Wrath was my favorite patch for DKs. The class was new, I was trying to figure out how things worked and there was a real sense of learning and progression. The DK community was really alive - sharing ideas, tips and tricks. And the PvP was amazing!

3.0 was a very fun patch for me raid-wise due to the idea that I was playing a new class and gearing it up. There was also the constant feeling throughout the expansion that you shared a connection to the Lich King. Wrath was a great time to be a Death Knight!

But, I'm very biased in favor of the Wrath DK model. I fell out of love with the class when the rune mechanic changes went live in patch 4.0, and I've never been able to quite regain my feelings for them.

Oh patch, probally s6 I think 3.1 good balance of everything and every class

Deleted
    Late Wrath with DW frost tanking. I just loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When DK was severely OP on launch. 2 lives ftw.

Deleted
    3.3 or 3.2 as Unholy in PvP. Used to absolutely wreck face and love it

For those that did PvP, probably the first PvP season in Wrath where they could just macro ' /castrandom ' and get to 1800+ without even looking at their screen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy PVP around launch time. Shit was facerolll BUT FUN!

Frost in Ulduar with two Tankards of Terror was amazing. Ah, to be OP.

Edit: Oh right, I miss Frost tanking too. ICC10 was good times.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-05-02 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite patch? It depends on the spec, I tried all three in Wrath. To put it simply, I really enjoyed my DK before Cataclysm changed the class. Honestly, OP numbers and mechanics (Come back as a ghoul to kill whomever killed you, lol) aside, from a design perspective I feel like the class played much better overall in Wrath, than anytime after Patch 4.0.

Probably 5.2, where unholy was superior for the first time in quite a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant remember when but i miss the freedom of being able to play dk as tank frost, tank blood or tank unholy, as well as a melange of dif dps specs. So many choices.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

The best patch/expansion for dk was the the beginning in wrath of the lick king were all the spec could tank or dps. I miss blood dps :P

Beginning of Wrath. I miss blood dps so, so much....

Deleted
    WotLK, blood dps with ghoul pet :'(

Edit: And old Corpse Explosion, it was really funny to explode your friends on raid.
    Last edited by mmocfd768fa3d2; 2014-05-01 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Back in WoTLK, blood dps was so OP.

I played DK after they nerfed you rezzing as a ghoul when you die. I actually played Blood DPS and I LOVED it to death. It was a PVP monster while leveling up and I could do something basically every GCD. It was the most engaging spec/class I have ever played and I think I played more PvE on my DK in that patch than in my entire history of playing WoW.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 4.3!