Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Definitely an issue, as a rule - don't get on skype with anyone while pvping or streaming.

+1 for making this a sticky.

Deleted
    Extremely good and detailed guide , props to OP . The community can use more people like you brother .
    I might add that you should contact your ISP and ask what kind of protection they offer , most ISPs in my country offer help for free (for example here , in Greece, as per law regulations ,domestic IPs can only be dymanic so with a simple reset of your router you will always get a new IP , making it extremely hard to land a successful DoS back to back)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziffonakos View Post
    Extremely good and detailed guide , props to OP . The community can use more people like you brother .
    I might add that you should contact your ISP and ask what kind of protection they offer , most ISPs in my country offer help for free (for example here , in Greece, as per law regulations ,domestic IPs can only be dymanic so with a simple reset of your router you will always get a new IP , making it extremely hard to land a successful DoS back to back)
    This is true. Something I think ive noticed (not sure if its true) but if you pull an IP while skyping with someone from the UK, you will not get their direct IP, youll get the subnet that their IP is in meaning its harder to find the IP, if not impossible. Whereas in the US, I found that it was constantly pulling the home network IP instead of a range/subnet which seems really insecure. I cant remember which US ISPs suffer from that but I may go and find out again if itll be beneficial to the thread.