Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post all the things!

How do people have such high number of posts, I get that you may have been around MMO-C for a while, but I've seen people with 19,000 posts. That's crazy. Do they just post on every topic every day?

Mod-mote: Moving the thread, isn't really a WoW general discussion topic.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-30 at 06:38 PM.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Sometimes, there's just nothing better to do while at work.
    Also maybe this should of been in off topic?

Deleted
    Pretty much. They tend to use MMOc like MSN messenger, too. If you read some threads you'll just see it's a conversation between two people.

I racked up mine over a few years and randomly posting 1-2 posts on each of the threads I took interest in.

Deleted
    mods usually got a lot of posts because PMs count towards posts.

people like me, i just post nonsense, i got like nearly 14k posts, none of them any good.

- - - Updated - - -

also i got my first 10k posts pretty quickly while in college, posting on here during class.

I'm not quite sure how I have this many posts. I post maybe a few times a week.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    During the first ~ year I posted here I got 1k really fast (And even more in Fun Stuff!), then it just kinda slowed down because I had other stuff to do.

well if you reply to every thread, it doesn't take long to grow your post count, then you have off topic which is usually a repeating pattern where you get about 20 posts arguing your point and at some point have to repeat those 20 posts again because someone didn't read the whole thread.

then you can be like some ppl who make threads about the most random things and farm posts that way.

also you have the games thread where ppl can farm posts just by participating in ►▲▼ type games (apparently not!). I try to pick my posts and only post on topics that i have a decent opinion on, not simply 'lol' /10char posts. which i haven't done or only once or twice in soon to be deleted topics.

edit: didn't know about pms counting toward it, that must count a good portion of some ppls total.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-04-30 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    mods usually got a lot of posts because PMs count towards posts.
    This isn't true. Your post count doesn't increase when you send a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    also you have the games thread where ppl can farm posts just by participating in ►▲▼ type games. I try to pick my posts and only post on topics that i have a decent opinion on, not simply 'lol' /10char posts. which i haven't done or only once or twice in soon to be deleted topics.
    Posts in Fun Stuff, Chat Zone and Guild Recruitment forums don't count towards your post count either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joined yesterday after being a long-time lurker and I have nearly 100 posts so far , I'm sure in a year or so time that will be much larger from just general chit chat in random threads I like.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure this is a reasonable summation for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I joined yesterday after being a long-time lurker and I have nearly 100 posts so far , I'm sure in a year or so time that will be much larger from just general chit chat in random threads I like.
    Lol yea, you just have to participate in some of the fucked up Americanized political commentary. Best time is around major elections, or major events ( ACA) and you will just explode with your post count.. Or be on here for Yeaaaaaars.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    How do people have such high number of posts, I get that you may have been around MMO-C for a while, but I've seen people with 19,000 posts. That's crazy. Do they just post on every topic every day?

Mod-mote: Moving the thread, isn't really a WoW general discussion topic.
    Boredom at work does it to you.

If you do twenty posts in a day, which does not seem a ridiculous amount to me, you would reach 19,000 posts in just over two and a half years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Lol yea, you just have to participate in some of the fucked up Americanized political commentary. Best time is around major elections, or major events ( ACA) and you will just explode with your post count.. Or be on here for Yeaaaaaars.
    Or start an argument about gun control , cat declawing , or the culture of tipping.

Deleted
    No life for one i guess...

Crippling awkwardness is another, as is shyness and fearing of social encoun- Oh wait, that's me!

Only 4k over 3 years or so, thats not too bad...right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    No life for one i guess...

Crippling awkwardness is another, as is shyness and fearing of social encoun- Oh wait, that's me!
    I'll be your buddy manakin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    This isn't true. Your post count doesn't increase when you send a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Posts in Fun Stuff, Chat Zone and Guild Recruitment forums don't count towards your post count either.

then i have been lied to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Nope its not bad at all, that averages out to about 3-5 posts a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck yeah! Thunder buddies!

10+ Year Old Account
    I post all over the site...gets me a BIIIG post count