Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams held over Jean McConville murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27232731

Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams has been arrested by Northern Ireland police in connection with the 1972 murder of Jean McConville. Mrs McConville, a 37-year-old widow and mother of 10, was abducted from her flat in the Divis area of west Belfast and shot by the IRA.
    How relevant or not this may be to people in the world at large, I am uncertain. This is certainly a breakthrough here however; given that the Northern Ireland Justice System/PSNI has for years been scared to lay a finger upon those in the higher echelons of Sinn Fein, primarily out of fear that they might disrupt our so-called "Peace Process". Now however, it seems we may indeed be doing justice; whether or not the sky falls. Long may it continue.

Well lets be realistic here, he is facing this because he "agreed to talk about it."

Maybe in an attempt to buy more legitimacy for the IRA by turning himself into a martyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, and this is both a personal and professional opinion, the man has for far too long escaped having to answer for the atrocities the people he claimed to represent committed. It seems only one side in The Troubles was asked to answer for its participation. I am utterly biased in my opinion but I hope his past and the actions of everyone in his past comes back to bite him firmly in his arse.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career