Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    About 12 years ago, next to a local flea market this dude had a bunch of ostriches in a field. Some drunk guy walked into the field and started antagonizing them, and he kept telling them to effing say something.
    He finally got head butted and somewhat attacked by one of the males, and when the police had him at the ambulance he told the police he thought the ostrich had said something to him... Idk he was drunk off his backside.
    Ever since then most everything I've done that I don't put my real name has the word ostrich in it. IE. path of exile my characters are the ostrichsays the ostrichcommands theostrichwhispers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    One of the first locked room mystery novels.

Its actually my irl nickname so, i could never think of a decent alias all my characters, fps tags, forum names are usually this one. but its what ive always been called by ppl who know me irl. although my priest is called meme so yeah thats the extent of my creativity. i have a gnome mage called porg too i thought that was fitting.

Deleted
    Javelin was my Amazon character in Diablo 2. Javelin is a type of throwing weapon(A spear) which I thought was a suitable name for an Amazonian. When I later progressed into MMO's people confused my nick for a female name and they began throwing gold and loot at me. From there I refined the name to Jeavlin as it had a more feminine tone, it worked in my favor. When I later made my account here on MMOC the name had evolved into Jevline and now, finally, into Jevlin.

Jevlin is the final form I believe. I don't think I can improve it further.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2014-05-01 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine came from an artist who draws some pretty hot comics whos main orc character in those comics goes by the same name.
    Sure its copied a name, but its a good orc sounding name, and since its more in respect to his comics and non-profit its not infringing on anything.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Granyala?
    Well part of the name came from Lord Granas, the divine entity of Grandia II.
    I just tried to mold into a female form.

Ifalna, the name of my priestess is shamelessly stolen from Aerith's mother, Final Fantasy VII.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-05-01 at 12:07 AM.

Was the name I used for my Paladin when he was a Blood Elf from WOTLK until the SoO patch of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my name in Russian slang, with numbers because I forgot my password and it stuck because I made a mistake choosing accounts during the mmo-champ account translation a couple of years ago.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    My name is just another tragedy.
    Black Lives Matter

My character name in WoW. Name sounded Goblinish. And the "X" is supposed to be pronounced.

An Ouija board gave it to me.

It was a running joke with an actual comedian me and my friends knew, who used Jester in his name

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an item I created in Diablo. The Ender's Blade. As in, the blade of one who ends people. Has nothing to do with Ender's Game, I actually created it before I even knew what that was. Since forums, games, etc typically don't like symbols and spaces, I just broke it down to endersblade. I've been using it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

When I was in college, the drug Prilosec became available over-the counter so they started running commercials advertising Prilosec OTC. My friends and I used to joke that the OTC stood for "Off-The-Chain," so the term prilosec became an inside-joke way for us to say that something was awesome.

In Dungeons&Dragons, Hextor is a Lawful Evil god of war, and the ruler of the plane known as The Infernal Battlefield of Acheron (a hellish plane of existance). His interests are War, Law, Destruction, Domination, Tyrrany, Evil and Fiends (devils - the iconic Lawful Evil creatures).

15+ Year Old Account
    My first main in WoW was a Tauren Shaman named Mnevis; the name is from a sacred bull in ancient Egyptian lore, an incarnation of the sun-god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yvaelle, pronounced Eva-elle, or Y-va-Elle? (She is where? slang, in french) - and is a homophone for Evil (roughly)

When I transferred my Shadow priest main in WoW from Horde to Alliance, I went from being a male Blood Elf named Aurelin, to a female Draenei - so I needed a new and more feminine name. I also liked that I picked the most horn-like horns for my space goat, so it kind of looked like the horns on the 'Y' in Yvaelle I have a tendency to put way too much thought into names, so I wanted a name that began with Y for that reason, call me silly

Eventually I went Night Elf when they took away the Space Goat Hit Aura racial in Cataclysm, but the name persists
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Will is my name. tron to make me sound like a robot. No idea why. I was young and it's just stuck. Sometimes a 3000 is chucked in there.

The other name I use, more recently is Cajjpants. Short story cajj is slang where I'm from for good, I referred to a pair of boxers I own (sky blue and pink, completely gaudy but amazing) as cajj pants. That became a sort of nickname.

Cajjpants is used in games. I've never named a character Willtron(3000)
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    RICH stands for Richard my real life name, the number is a secret thing.
    I always assumed it was your last 4 digits in your military serial number (not sure they even use them).

My name is my Paladin's name, I've adopted it as my gaming identity as well.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    My name has morphed over the last 15 years I was originally Violator after the Spawn character which has 2 forms as can be seen below.

He is one of the 5 true demons born in hell he has 4 brothers Vindicator, Vandalizer, Vacillator, and The Vaporizer. I use all these names over multiple games.
    Back in the late 90's I played mostly shooters online and used the Violator name mainly. When FFXI came out some asshat had already taken the name so I was forced to go with Vindicator. On WoW the name was again taken so I added an x.
    I must have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The name of my paladin bank alt. He's very well-dressed...rocking a tux, Antique Cufflinks, High Society Top Hat, Noble's Elementium Signet, and Diamond Tipped Cane. Oh and I ride around on the Jeweled Onyx Panther. Life is good.