Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Different Tier Theme Ideas

By now, everyone is in on the joke that is the theme of Death Knight tier sets: skulls, and blades, and skulls, and bones, and skulls. SoO actually had a refreshing departure from this theme (who knows what it was though) and there was also the Magma Burger King tier.

I'm jealous of the crazy variety other classes get sometimes. My Shaman gets some pretty diverse options, for example, from primal sets to elemental sets to wolf sets. But since the theme of the DK tier sets always seems to be deeeeeeeeaaaaath, what other themes can you imagine that would stay true to the class but not be the same skulls++ again?

For example, I would like it if they acknowledged our spec lines in a tier here or there. A Blood themed tier would be pretty neat, maybe something similar to:

...but just slightly less spell-caster looking. Something vampire or bat related. Or a Frosty set like my Shaman's T11. Or even some sort of Runic set to pay homage to our unique resource system. Just something to acknowledge there is more to the class theme than "emo warrior".

What ideas would you like to see in an upcoming tier?

MoP was good, I was very pleasantly surprised. We only had ONE real skull set and not only was T14 our first kilt since the DK starter gear but it was also a unique design with the rose motif. I was not the biggest fan of T15 but again the All-Consuming Maw was something we had not really seen the likes of. Dem tongues :9 We came out pretty well in PVP too; S12 is one of the best sets any class has ever had and manages to get a samurai+oni vibe going without being overtly Japanese. S14/S15 is 'emo warrior' done right. S13 is a bit skully and less remarkable but still not a bad look.

Not sure how they will approach DK sets in WoD. The savage look and the spikey look usually get reserved for Warriors, but I foresee them having more than enough savage and spikey designs to go around and DKs are likely to get any overflow :P Draenor doesn't have a lot of undead for them to draw on for set inspiration - maybe we'll get something themed out of Auchindoun.

The one thing I hated about the Challenge mode gear was that it was pretty much 100% for Frost DK's. I never bothered with Challenge Modes because of it, I play Unholy pretty much exclusively, why would I want Frost armor and blue colored procs when Unholy brings the idea of Green/Black for plague stuff? Hopefully in WoD we get something that is a bit more spec nuetral.

The DK's tiers aren't always skulls and such, or at least in Mists it wasn't. I was actually a big fan of the T14 because of the roses, and the horns/bone things were yeah kinda skull like but it had a different vibe to it, more like we defile that which we touch instead of bringer of death. T15, yeah that was awesome too (except for the red variation /shiver) because those tongue's were awesome. I still use the Blue/Green shoulders from it in some xmogs.

Based on what we saw for the Warrior tier (which is still a WIP I know) we might get something really awesome in WoD. If not I will defiantly snag some pieces from the warrior tier to mog into because it looked pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The one thing I hated about the Challenge mode gear was that it was pretty much 100% for Frost DK's. I never bothered with Challenge Modes because of it, I play Unholy pretty much exclusively, why would I want Frost armor and blue colored procs when Unholy brings the idea of Green/Black for plague stuff? Hopefully in WoD we get something that is a bit more spec nuetral.

The DK's tiers aren't always skulls and such, or at least in Mists it wasn't. I was actually a big fan of the T14 because of the roses, and the horns/bone things were yeah kinda skull like but it had a different vibe to it, more like we defile that which we touch instead of bringer of death. T15, yeah that was awesome too (except for the red variation /shiver) because those tongue's were awesome. I still use the Blue/Green shoulders from it in some xmogs.

Based on what we saw for the Warrior tier (which is still a WIP I know) we might get something really awesome in WoD. If not I will defiantly snag some pieces from the warrior tier to mog into because it looked pretty awesome.
    Glad I'm not the only one(Except for maybe my Paladin). Can't wait for the Challenge Mode stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I might get a lot of hate for this, but I think we should get more sets that have a clothy look to them, like the starting zone gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    I might get a lot of hate for this, but I think we should get more sets that have a clothy look to them, like the starting zone gear.
    Actually, I concur. Something along the lines of the corruptor raiment (warlock T5) would be awesome.

I would be fine with that, I don't mind the legs being hidden half the time actually (on an orc it's usually better that it is, can't wait for better character models to sort of help this). If we could get a really nice set with a sick nasty hood/shull combo, yes. Yes mighty need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more DK hoods for sure. Acherus knight's hood just doesn't cut it by itself.

Anyway, I liked the original MoP DK tier one, and I liked most of ToT DK tier... except for the helm. The helm looked stupid. But the shoulders were bad-ass. SoO tier isn't exactly "bad" per say, it's just... underwhelming. Nothing about the armor set is all that "assertive." The color schemes also kind of run together and the textures are very reduced.

At any rate, I'd love some sort of "angel of death" type thing. Warlocks and priests get wing procs on some of THEIR armor sets. I say DKs should have giant black raven wings sprout when they pop their DPS CDs in the angel of death set, or something.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I would love a Reaper themed look. Maybe I'll get off my butt and get that Ahune scythe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I would love a Reaper themed look. Maybe I'll get off my butt and get that Ahune scythe.
    The scythe is a staff, unfortunately, and DKs can't use staves...

I have one sitting in my void storage, just in case, though...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I was about to remind you that polearms can transmog to staves now, but remembered since DKs can't equip staves, we can't 'mog them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I was about to remind you that polearms can transmog to staves now, but remembered since DKs can't equip staves, we can't 'mog them either.
    I think they should make some sensible changes to transmogging holiday-type items. No reason the frostscythe can't a polearm transmog, and no reason the HH helm can't be for non-plate classes too.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Well i for one feel like we haven't had a tier with real black armour for a while now. Seems to me blizzard always makes it blue/purple. I'd like some true black armour and maybe instead of having skulls as part of the armour have them mounted as trophies on the set (like how the warlock malevolent pvp armour has them on shoulders).

I would kill for some proper black plate not this overdone grey/blue/purple we got already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Y'all do know there are two scythe's we can use as polearms right?
    With-Hunter's Harvester
    Elementium Poleaxe
    There are other scythes as well (they're vanilla scythe models.) But those, and the "witch-hunter" model don't have... well... giant bones sticking out of them like the frostscythe does. Seems pretty Death-knighty to me.

Plus, I like the... more subtle... colors on the Frostcythe, as opposed to the super garish ones of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well i for one feel like we haven't had a tier with real black armour for a while now. Seems to me blizzard always makes it blue/purple. I'd like some true black armour and maybe instead of having skulls as part of the armour have them mounted as trophies on the set (like how the warlock malevolent pvp armour has them on shoulders).

I would kill for some proper black plate not this overdone grey/blue/purple we got already
    Like I said, a black "angel of death" set would be bitchin' in my mind.

Blizzard could even kind of kick it in with the Arrakoa theme for WoD.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-05-02 at 07:14 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There are other scythes as well (they're vanilla scythe models.) But those, and the "witch-hunter" model don't have... well... giant bones sticking out of them like the frostscythe does. Seems pretty Death-knighty to me.

Plus, I like the... more subtle... colors on the Frostcythe, as opposed to the super garish ones of those two.

Like I said, a black "angel of death" set would be bitchin' in my mind.

Blizzard could even kind of kick it in with the Arrakoa theme for WoD.
    Something like this from darksiders 2 could make for an awesome DK set: http://darksidersdungeon.net/wiki/Fi...eaper-Form.jpg

Deleted
    Actually I think a lot of us feel the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Something like this from darksiders 2 could make for an awesome DK set: http://darksidersdungeon.net/wiki/Fi...eaper-Form.jpg
    I feel that's a touch too clothy... I like the cloth "look," but I also like a breastplate that at least indicates that it's got plate as part of it.

Maybe something like this, but with big spikey shoulders, à la warcraft:

Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

i am thinking something with skulls. maybe black and white too.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I feel that's a touch too clothy... I like the cloth "look," but I also like a breastplate that at least indicates that it's got plate as part of it.

Maybe something like this, but with big spikey shoulders, à la warcraft:

The image isn't showing up for me, unless I access the link directly. It looks pretty good though, but the chest looks more like it's his own chest bones, and not so much a chestplate.

As for the Reaper form pic I linked, there's a better view of the reaper form here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Uc-zmiS8o from about 1:02 to 1:16 and it seems to also be his chest bones, and not a chestplate, but blizzard could make a similar design in an actual chestplate, where the center of it is plate, and then draped over the sides is a cloak, that extends into a kilt/robe that is also open over the front of the legs, so that the legplates under it are viewable as well. It might be a bit complicated for wow's graphics engine, but it would look cool at least.

Other sets I'd like to see for DK's are the Dark Knight sets drawn by this guy: http://reaper78.deviantart.com/

Version 1: http://reaper78.deviantart.com/art/T...11969570&qo=17

Version 1.2: http://reaper78.deviantart.com/art/M...11969570&qo=16

Version 2: http://reaper78.deviantart.com/art/D...F11969570&qo=5