Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WHAT A DUMB BITCH!

Sweet that's my fix of victim blaming and barely concealed misogyny for the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

man, i know a lot of you folks are from places where shit like this doesn't happen and you're totally naive to these situations (other than what you read, which is worth nothing), but when someone takes what is yours, you fight or flight. you're wired a certain way. most people are scared and they flight, some fight. it's as hard for either to do the other. you are what you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Why do people keep bringing this up and thinking its valid reasoning for her actions? We know what the thief did is wrong, bad, and resulted in this. But we also know that her actions exasperated the issue. I just find it really weird that people are so vehemently against accepting that.

I guess some peoples thought processes are just vastly different. Mine works like this: If a guy comes up and randomly punches me in the face, I'm not going to immediately swing back. Unless hes attempting to pummel me, I'm going to take a step back and take a second to think "What reason did he have to do that? How should I react?"
    ----
    If you think its logical to confront some one who could possibly have a weapon and is already breaking the law, then all I can say is I hope you never get mugged.

This conversation is turning very immature.

If you think its logical to confront some one who could possibly have a weapon and is already breaking the law, then all I can say is I hope you never get mugged.
    everyone on earth could be willing to kill you for nothing. you can't function if you're truly as terrified of confrontation as you are trying to come across. or you're trolling
    either way, you should be punished, you don't need to pass those genes on. people like that really have no place

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    man, i know a lot of you folks are from places where shit like this doesn't happen and you're totally naive to these situations (other than what you read, which is worth nothing), but when someone takes what is yours, you fight or flight. you're wired a certain way. most people are scared and they flight, some fight. it's as hard for either to do the other. you are what you are.
    As such her reactions are perfectly normal and she shouldn't be blamed for anything.
    Hindsight is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    everyone on earth could be willing to kill you for nothing. you can't function if you're truly as terrified of confrontation as you are trying to come across. or you're trolling
    either way, you should be punished, you don't need to pass those genes on. people like that really have no place
    \

You mean people who think out their reactions before doing them?

So you'd rather just have the world ran by impulse people, huh?

Have fun in that lifetime mate.

Deleted
    \

You mean people who think out their reactions before doing them?

So you'd rather just have the world ran by impulse people, huh?

Have fun in that lifetime mate.
    You'll probably find out in 10-15 years or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I feel like you're not even trying. You can do better. At least call her a slut. I believe in you.
    Nah that would be too "out in the open". Lets get to at least page 13 for that.

Why do people keep bringing this up and thinking its valid reasoning for her actions? We know what the thief did is wrong, bad, and resulted in this. But we also know that her actions exasperated the issue. I just find it really weird that people are so vehemently against accepting that.

I guess some peoples thought processes are just vastly different. Mine works like this: If a guy comes up and randomly punches me in the face, I'm not going to immediately swing back. Unless hes attempting to pummel me, I'm going to take a step back and take a second to think "What reason did he have to do that? How should I react?"
    If a man rapes a woman and she fights back is it that woman's fault if he beats her for fighting back? If she hadn't fought him off during the rape, he wouldn't have beat her to death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If a man rapes a woman and she fights back is it that woman's fault if he beats her for fighting back? If she hadn't fought him off during the rape, he wouldn't have beat her to death.
    OP this is exactly where your question leads and why people are dismissing it.
    It has now been put in front of you.

Yeah... totally no different from snatching something from a car's top and stabbing two people. In fact most of those thieves decide to run away if there is even the slightest resistence. "To cronfront" could in this case mean, that the women shouted "hey" or something. Could mean, that she tried to crap the thief or her belongings... This is a natural reflex, and a quite understandable reaction. So far as I read the article only the killed man chased the suspect. Not the woman.

!.) No way in hell am I ever going to just let someone take my shit from me with out a fight, if it kills me then so be it, but I ain't going down like a bitch.
    2.) This is a prime example of why law abiding citizens should always carry a fire arm, what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight? You lose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarth View Post
    !.) No way in hell am I ever going to just let someone take my shit from me with out a fight, if it kills me then so be it, but I ain't going down like a bitch.
    2.) This is a prime example of why law abiding citizens should always carry a fire arm, what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight? You lose!
    Mmmmm escalation keeps everyone safe.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If a man rapes a woman and she fights back is it that woman's fault if he beats her for fighting back\? If she hadn't fought him off during the rape, he wouldn't have beat her to death.
    You are comparing a crime where a woman is already being physically assaulted. The comparison here is negligible and easily dismissed. Thats a wild connection to try and make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarth View Post
    *facedesk furiosly*

10+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing a crime where a woman is already being physically assaulted. The comparison here is negligible and easily dismissed. Thats a wild connection to try and make.
    In the first case someone was committing a crime and the second a person is committing a crime. What's the difference, exactly?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    Huh? And the logic in here?

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    So you recommend women with small children to confront thieves with knives. You think thats a good idea.
    I recommend you not put words in my goddamn mouth. No where did I hint anything of the sort. He asked a question, I gave an answer; the thief could have been a murderous fuck-shit for all we know. Being stabbed could have just been her destiny regardless of how she handled the situation.

The intent of my post was to point out that victim blaming is for assholes and Rush Limbaugh. You reading all into that and coming up with this, is all you, not me.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-05-01 at 02:13 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    *facedesk furiosly*
    oh yea what exactly would your plan be in that situation, have you ever been in a life and death situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    In the first case someone was committing a crime and the second a person is committing a crime. What's the difference, exactly?
    Crimes aren't black and white. There are varying degrees of crimes, obviously. Having a physical good stolen isn't as detrimental as being sexually assaulted, and to claim that it is is pretty ridiculous. Next time you talk to a rape victim, ask her if she thinks rapists and thiefs should be tried the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crimes aren't black and white. There are varying degrees of crimes, obviously. Having a physical good stolen isn't as detrimental as being sexually assaulted, and to claim that it is is pretty ridiculous. Next time you talk to a rape victim, ask her if she thinks rapists and thiefs should be tried the same.
    I agree. But in both cases they are a victim and have every right to defend themselves from being victims of crime, and any further illegal acts by the perpetrator of the crime lies entirely on their shoulders.