Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Not sure if anyone else mentioned

Maybe we should take it up one more step OP, and let the person who is dead take the responsibility?
    What idiot is retarded enough to interfere when they see a lady get stabbed?
    And then hang the corpse at the time square and let everyone know that helping is wrong, if they do it they die.
    Just ignore everything and pretend you didn't see anything happen

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What is a cwl?
    concealed weapon license

Deleted
    he decided to step in, there is no way that the woman should be held responsible. the only person responsible for the murder of the "Good Samaritan" is the thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Edit: It occurs to me now that the title of this thread is somewhat misleading. I don't mean she should be held responsible legally, I mean I hope she feels some responsibility for what occurred.

This topic is going to cause controversy: Fair warning.

Let me start off by saying I don't mean she should be held responsible as in legally, or that she should be held responsible for getting robbed, but that I hope she takes some personal responsibility for what ended up with an innocent mans death.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/good-sam...o-was-stabbed/

A woman with a young child places her purse on top of her car temporarily. During this time, a thief snatches it. This is where this story gets dumb as hell - the woman CONFRONTS THE ALLEGED THIEF. WHY? You had a fucking young child with you, why the fuck would you risk your life and your child's to confront some one who is obviously not against the idea of breaking laws to get what they want?

When she confronts the man, she is stabbed. A nearby civilian sees the attack and interferes to try and help the lady. He is stabbed and later dies of his injuries.

All of this could have been avoided by simply not confronting a man who stole your purse while having a young child with you. Call the police, let them do their job. Maybe you never see your purse again, or your belongings inside: So what? They can be replaced. Why would you EVER, EVER risk your life, especially while in the presence of a young child, to confront someone over something as piddly as that?

Ultimately the thief (Who was caught) is responsible for the mans death. But it would have easily been avoided entirely had the woman not made such a poor decision. Maybe it sounds bad, but I hope she feels at least a little responsible for the mans death.
    So...I'm making a bit of a leap here, but you seem to be making a few assumptions that don't appear to be supported by anything:

1) You seem to assume that the woman would not have been stabbed if she had confronted the thief without a child present ("All of this could have been avoided by simply not confronting a man who stole your purse while having a young child with you."). Why?

2) Bearing in mind the article states that he chased after the thief and was then stabbed, why are you blaming the woman in any way?