Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vet tells guy to get dog euthanized; secretly keeps it alive for blood transfusions

Wow, talk about wrong.. They should shut this place down.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/For...57225231.html#

A popular Fort Worth veterinary clinic is under investigation after a family says instead of euthanizing their sick pet the vet secretly kept the dog alive for blood transfusions.

Fort Worth police, the city of Fort Worth and state investigators are involved in the investigation that started when a client of the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic found out his beloved pet, believed to have been euthanized, was alive.

Jamie and Marian Harris said they took their dog, a 5-year-old Leonberger named Sid, to the vet to be treated for a minor anal gland issue.

After undergoing treatment, the family claims Sid had trouble walking and the veterinarian told them he had a bad spine condition that would only worsen. Court documents said the family was told the best option was to put him to sleep.
    The couple and their son said their goodbyes and said they allowed the clinic to bury Sid on the vet's farm.

Six months later, the Harrises said they received a call from a veterinarian technician, Mary Brewer, who told them Sid was alive and being used for blood transfusions while being kept in a cage most of the day, surrounded by his urine and feces.

My mom told me about this a few hours ago, guess she saw it on the book of faces.

Place needs to be shut down, and the vet needs to go to prison.

real men put their own pets down, old yeller style
    why would he want to pay for something he could and should do himself

chicken shit people get hoodwinked all the time, and they deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post

All I've got to say is WOW!

Deleted
    When society maintains systematic torturous holocaust of animals for meat production I just can't take the pet stories seriously. You don't care about animals, this can't be news.

Skin him, cook him and eat him I say. No part wasted. Take this back the way it was when men was men.

Not being serious, btw. Vet will lose his license at the very minimum, that is a guarantee.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

That's terrible.

On the plus side at least he's alive and presumably the owner got him back.

Was the dog a rare blood type or something?

Why do internet forums attract faux macho lunatics?

You're posting comments on a game fansite, we all know you're a nerd like the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    When society maintains systematic torturous holocaust of animals for meat production I just can't take the pet stories seriously. You don't care about animals, this can't be news.
    Are you saying because we're not vegetarians we can't possibly love any animal? Lel.

Let's keep him alive for human blood transfusions. No harm, no foul.

I don't particularly care for dogs (sorry guys, I'm a cat person), but this is beyond cruel and terrible. The guy should be jailed for criminal negligence. That poor dog looked terribly depressed and uncared for at all. Put that idiot vet in a cage surrounded by his urine and feces. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    My mom told me about this a few hours ago, guess she saw it on the book of faces.

Place needs to be shut down, and the vet needs to go to prison.
    Too far. Too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Are you saying because we're not vegetarians we can't possibly love any animal? Lel.
    I'm saying it's massively hypocritical. Like as long as it happens out of sight and not to specific cute animals I like it's ok and natural.

I'm saying it's massively hypocritical. Like as long as it happens out of sight and not to specific cute animals I like it's ok and natural.
    We value our own over others. Pets become part of our family. While the cow is not.

Deleted
    It should be obvious why people value cats, dogs, ferrets etc as companions over animals like cows and sheep, but then I never have met a vegetarian capable of being rational.

I'm sure if we, as a society, included cat as a staple of our diet and kept pet cows we'd think nothing of tucking into a cat burger and be pissed if a trusted vet had prolonged the suffering of our cow. Unfortunately for the cows, they happen to be the more useful of the two animals as a source of food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I'm sure if we, as a society, included cat as a staple of our diet and kept pet cows we'd think nothing of tucking into a cat burger and be pissed if a trusted vet had prolonged the suffering of our cow. Unfortunately for the cows, they happen to be the more useful of the two animals as a source of food.
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    We value our own over others. Pets become part of our family. While the cow is not.
    Poor doggie how inhumanely this vet treated you. Now better eat some pork that had to live in worse conditions than the dog its whole existance so I can eat cheaper meat than otherwise possible. How is it possible to value dogs suffering any higher than pigs suffering? Sure people like pets but why would anyone logically think harming dogs matter more.

yup someone needs to go to jail, if someone pays for their pet to be euthanized then that is what you do, not secretly keep it alive and suffering.

Poor doggie how inhumanely this vet treated you. Now better eat some pork that had to live in worse conditions than the dog its whole existance so I can eat cheaper meat than otherwise possible. How is it possible to value dogs suffering any higher than pigs suffering? Sure people like pets but why would anyone logically think harming dogs matter more.
    Some farms treat pigs poorly, some farms treat them less poorly! Some vets treat dogs poorly, a lot treat them nicely!

This is how ranges work! I can be sad for poorly treated pigs AND poorly treated dogs! I know, the concept is wild.

Do you cry whenever you read a story of a stranger dying on the news? Right or not, it's simply a matter of familiarization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge the vet with theft unless some contract or release or agreement was signed that allowed him to do this (I highly doubt that happened though).

Also this.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup someone needs to go to jail, if someone pays for their pet to be euthanized then that is what you do, not secretly keep it alive and suffering.
    But then how do we harvest blood?