[WoW Movie] Nick Carpenter goes to Weta Workshop

Nick Carpenter (Vice President of Art & Cinematic Development)

https://twitter.com/FubarNick

Nick Carpenter ‏@FubarNick
    Had lunch w Richard Taylor 2day Loved listening 2 his stories about HR Giger squishing a rat at his dinner table!

David ‏@Xe4ro
    @FubarNick you guys are at weta? For the warcraft movie? :3

Nick Carpenter @FubarNick
    Spent all day walking around the catacombs of @wetaworkshop What an incredible group of people!!

Weta is working on the Warcraft movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited the thread title so it was clear what the thread refers to. Not everyone may know what or who you're referring to.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Founded in 1987 by Richard Taylor and Tania Rodger as RT Effects, Weta Workshop has produced creatures and makeup effects for the TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess and effects for films such as Meet The Feebles and Heavenly Creatures. A digital division, Weta Digital, was formed in 1993.

Weta Workshop's output came to worldwide prominence with director Peter Jackson's film trilogy The Lord of the Rings, producing sets, costumes, armour, weapons, creatures and miniatures. It supported the creation of Reclaiming the Blade (2009), a documentary film on stage combat, historical European and Asian swordsmanship.[1]
    omg dis movie suk!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Awesome. Weta are THE BEST at this type of thing. Swords, Armour, costumes -everything. They go into detail on the weapons and armour that may never be seen on the screen, but the actors do. Many of them that have worn their costumes love how they looked. Viggo (Aragorn in LoTR) kept his sword, as did Elijah Woods (Frodo) from the films.
    You can tour their workshop most days in Wellington.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Awesome. Weta are THE BEST at this type of thing. Swords, Armour, costumes -everything. They go into detail on the weapons and armour that may never be seen on the screen, but the actors do. Many of them that have worn their costumes love how they looked. Viggo (Aragorn in LoTR) kept his sword, as did Elijah Woods (Frodo) from the films.
    You can tour their workshop most days in Wellington.
    It's truly exciting. As much as I hate it, I'm glad they're keeping us as in the dark as they can now that the film is a definite. They're almost done filming and we have but one picture, and most of it is off-screen. I'm bouncing in my seat thinking about this, even moreso with this news of Weta's involvement. Holy shit, you guys. We're going to see a fucking Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans movie! And it is going to bust the mold of video game-based film adaptations. I never would have thought it when I first played WC2. I'm already eager for the sequel. It's already set up to be even better than the first. Turalyon, Alleria, more Doomhammer, more Lothar, dat Great Royal Sword... dat Lordaeron... can you imagine if the films make it to the WC3 era, especially how much dough will be thrown at the film franchise if the first one is successful? FAWWWWWK...

I'm a little eager.
    Last edited by tss; 2014-05-01 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

He's there for this week.

He could be on vacation , he may not be. He's getting the studio tour partially because a few Weta Employees wanted to met him.

It may or may not have anything to do with the Wow movie , we don't know.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were some rumors few month ago that guys from WETA were noticed with some parts of horse ammunition and paladin tier 2 armor pieces. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2014-05-01 at 04:51 PM.