Poll: Will you do max level quests?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will you do the max level quests in WoD?

I was reading about some of the things they want to do, or not do, at max level. Im sure everyone knows what I am talking about. During my reading I found one thing pop up over and over. They want us to have quests at max level. They said they may design portions of zones or whole zones to this. We saw pieces of this in Isle of thunder and the timeless isle. I know I didn't complete either of those quest chains. I only did what i had to in the isle of thunder to get to the base. So, will you actually do the quests at max level they add in or will you ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Will you do the max level quests in WoD?
    Yes, I enjoy doing quests.

If I'm interested enough in the lore or the rewards, sure, I'll do them.

However, I probably won't do them more than once- I can't even bring myself to repeat the Legendary questline on any of my alts.

I can almost gurantee if they make entire zones for level 100, they will have incentive to do quests. My first guess is a World Boss Gate being blocked if you do not complete the quests, really, there is always incentive and reward for questing (Loremaster, Seeker)

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to absorb as much lore as I can from Draenor. Don't want to miss anything that can be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If I'm interested enough in the lore or the rewards, sure, I'll do them.

However, I probably won't do them more than once- I can't even bring myself to repeat the Legendary questline on any of my alts.
    Same. I cant even get myself to repeat the isle quests on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I can almost gurantee if they make entire zones for level 100, they will have incentive to do quests. My first guess is a World Boss Gate being blocked if you do not complete the quests, really, there is always incentive and reward for questing (Loremaster, Seeker)
    Except things like that are out dated quickly by the next patch. Thinks like loremaster and seeker (already have seeker) are not good examples. Eventually as more expansions come out, people will get seeker just by leveling. If you already have lore master then that title wont play a role in future expansions.

Same. I cant even get myself to repeat the isle quests on alts.

Except things like that are out dated quickly by the next patch.
    Well, obviously there will be other things, it was just a quick example. More than likely my guess is that if they have Max Level Zones at all it will be Timeless Isle/IoT Style, not like an actual zone.

Deleted
    Yes, sure. Because I'm interested in the lore, and because I of course want to collect every achievement related to questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends whether or not they're good. I really hope they are, because I enjoyed useful (<-- emphasis on useful) max level quests in the expansions that had them. Class armor quests, class mount quests, attunement quests etc.

Unless Blizzard has drasticly changed philosophy I'm afraid they'll be mandatory time-sinks though, with artificial gating to drag them out.

As long as they're fun/interesting with no artificial gating I'll definitely do them. Fingers crossed.

I'll do the quests if I'm playing. Quests are good time killers and I have done every other quest in the game so far except the Daggers and Staff legendaries in Cata. I'll even read the text to the quests. Basically I do all of the quests in each expansion at least once then the flow of that dictates how I level alts usually. Now the alts will by no means do every quest again unless it's necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incase some of you don't understand what they mean by Max level quests that don't involve Dailies, they liked and are continueing the Storylines style that we had in 5.1 Landfall, super involved and story focused.

Yes I'm doing them, that was one of the highlights of Mists for me, and they liked it too, so takeing it to the next level shall be interesting.

I don't believe Blizz has implemented a truly useless (from reward standpoint) max level quest line since ZA/ZG in Cata questline. Not needed for anything, and gave a single minor pet.

Was truly one of the strangest additions they've ever done.

In other words: max level quest lines will reward something. It may be power progression or a mount or something else, but some people will do the questline for the reward regardless of initial interest in the quest.

So if you are asking if people will do a 0 reward questline (no gear, no rep, no title, nothing), the point is moot as they don't add quests to just have quests. (Even the lore walkers gave a nice tabard)

As a note: I thought the 5.1 quest line was perfect. Had good lore, and didn't reward power. When something rewards power, people are less inclined to enjoy it as it feels more chore than adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

So if you are asking if people will do a 0 reward questline (no gear, no rep, no title, nothing), the point is moot as they don't add quests to just have quests. (Even the lore walkers gave a nice tabard)
    except the isle of thunder and timeless isle quest lines add nothing of use. Correct me if im wrong. Because I didn't do them and my guildie who did do them said they didn't really reward anything of use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I will do them.
    But I won't do them multiple times unless I consider them fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    except the isle of thunder and timeless isle quest lines add nothing of use. Correct me if im wrong. Because I didn't do them and my guildie who did do them said they didn't really reward anything of use.
    They serve as what they meant to be, catch up machanism, and do reward things of use, they're just fun things like mounts and pets and toys. It doesn't have to be gear.

The storylines per se gave you massive ammount of Valor this time around, but don't expect that to be the case in Warlords.

Not if you were raid geared. Most of the rewards from IoT came from the Faction rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

The Isle of Thunder didn't really give quests so much as it gave dailies that awarded currency to buy other stuff and rep to get items. Timeless Isle on the other hand the quests were there to show you where stuff was then it was free form no quest no dailies (outside of the emp daily and the weeklies) farm as hard as you wanted and hope BoA gear you can use drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They serve as what they meant to be, catch up machanism, and do reward things of use, they're just fun things like mounts and pets and toys. It doesn't have to be gear.
    That would be why I didn't know. I like pets and mounts, but not enough to do a massive boreing quest fore. Maybe next expac like I did with the Zul gurub one. As for toys, dont really care for em.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be why I didn't know. I like pets and mounts, but not enough to do a massive boreing quest fore. Maybe next expac like I did with the Zul gurub one. As for toys, dont really care for em.
    And that's perfectly fine, not every piece of content has to be for everyone.

As for toys, dont really care for em.
    But now toys are also becoming collectables
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.