Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Yes, this is what spriests need in PvP. Additional burst when they already have good sustained and are one the best off-healers in the game...
    Are you trying to imply that Spriests are even remotely close to be called OP? Please, don't try to sabotage the few good things the spec might gain in the new xpac.

@Lolretardin:

Nvm, that's all I needed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Yes, this is what spriests need in PvP. Additional burst when they already have good sustained and are one the best off-healers in the game...
    I'm pretty sure hunters offheal better than shadow priests in arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    I'm pretty sure hunters offheal better than shadow priests in arena.
    They do. Shadow's utility was gutted all expansion - Flash Heal is so useless now.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Flash Heal is so useless now.
    All of our level 90 talents pretty much share the same sentiment when it comes to arena. Cascade is just ugh. Halo is too expensive/hard to hit with and we're only using DS, because of the healing part it does (which is getting removed).

I really hope they do something about this in WoD, I don't want whole another expansion of useless lv90's.

Deleted
    Halo was great, until Rogue QQ. Rogue must kill SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I was actually waiting for a warlock to chime in. Yes it was nerfed. So it's slightly less OP. It's still absurdly OP and the strongest AoE in the game, in a level that would not likely be attained by this glyph / perk.
    Thank you, every good warlock laughed at this.
    If you want to know why, feel free to ask on the WL forums.

@Glyph/Perk

I hope you guys get it, it's gonna be fun seeing how Blizzard is gonna deal with SP's.

But just keep in mind that if something is very good at multidotting, it can hinder you on other areas. A great developer used to say that "if you gain something, you must give something else away". Not in these exact words.
    And as someone that is used to nerfs, the best thing Shadow Priests should ask of this glyph/perk is to be a QoL change, instead of a flat buff to Multidotting. There's a lot of ways to do it, putting an internal CD is the most simple I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    @Glyph/Perk

I hope you guys get it, it's gonna be fun seeing how Blizzard is gonna deal with SP's.

But just keep in mind that if something is very good at multidotting, it can hinder you on other areas. A great developer used to say that "if you gain something, you must give something else away". Not in these exact words.
    And as someone that is used to nerfs, the best thing Shadow Priests should ask of this glyph/perk is to be a QoL change, instead of a flat buff to Multidotting. There's a lot of ways to do it, putting an internal CD is the most simple I can think of.
    Hey Lock... pro tip, Mind Blast isn't a dot, so why are you saying a flat buff to multidotting??? Orbs can be spent on DP and VEnt which are dots, but it won't be much of a multi dot buff because of the way those two dots work and the frequency you can cast Mind Blast (even with DI), and the fact you need fresh mobs.

Thank you, every good warlock laughed at this.
    If you want to know why, feel free to ask on the WL forums.
    Now every priest, good or bad is laughing at you. Thank you for your contribution to the priest community though.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-05-21 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Hey Lock... pro tip, Mind Blast isn't a dot, so why are you saying a flat buff to multidotting??? Orbs can be spent on DP and VEnt. But it won't be much of a multi dot buff because of the way those two dots work.
    It is a buff to the opener, as it means we can get out initial Void Enthropies out much faster. Which does help multidoting too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    It is a buff to the opener, as it means we can get out initial Void Enthropies out much faster. Which does help multidoting too I suppose.
    In most cases where we have a stream of add's coming in they are going to die quickly, so using orbs to VEnt on adds that will die quickly won't be worth it. We can Mind Blast, then DP, but Mind Blast has a CD, so quickly dying adds are going to be difficult to get multiple Mind Blasts off on different targets before they are already killed. If you go DI you have to dot them all first, and then use the procs on them to get the orbs and then spend the orbs, again before they die.

The glyphed orbs only happen once per mob, so I agree, it definitely will buff openers on council fight situations where we can get VEnt out on all bosses every time Mind Blast comes off cooldown. Wouldn't really classify that as "a flat buff to Multidotting". You are also trading DP + Insanity to cast VEnt. So depending on the boss mechanics, may not even be worth it to do that.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-05-21 at 02:06 PM.

In most cases where we have a stream of add's coming in they are going to die quickly, so using orbs to VEnt on adds that will die quickly won't be worth it. We can Mind Blast, then DP, but Mind Blast has a CD, so quickly dying adds are going to be difficult to get multiple Mind Blasts off on different targets before they are already killed. If you go DI you have to dot them all first, and then use the procs on them to get the orbs and then spend the orbs, again before they die.

The glyphed orbs only happen once per mob, so I agree, it definitely will buff openers on council fight situations where we can get VEnt out on all bosses every time Mind Blast comes off cooldown. Wouldn't really classify that as "a flat buff to Multidotting". You are also trading DP + Insanity to cast VEnt. So depending on the boss mechanics, may not even be worth it to do that.
    You don't have to use the orbs on the adds. You can Mind Blast a new add coming in, long lived or not, and use the orbs on a main target. But that's not really a buff to multidoting so much as a buff on any fight with adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    You don't have to use the orbs on the adds. You can Mind Blast a new add coming in, long lived or not, and use the orbs on a main target. But that's not really a buff to multidoting so much as a buff on any fight with adds.
    Right exactly. The glyph is definitely a buff to damage. Just wouldn't call it "a flat out buff to multidotting".

Hey Lock... pro tip, Mind Blast isn't a dot, so why are you saying a flat buff to multidotting??? Orbs can be spent on DP and VEnt which are dots, but it won't be much of a multi dot buff because of the way those two dots work and the frequency you can cast Mind Blast (even with DI), and the fact you need fresh mobs.
    You must be a really average SP if you can't make good use of those two to not see how it is a flat buff in this scenario. If you are so average/close minded, think it as a buff to multitarget then.

You must be a really average SP if you can't make good use of those two to not see how it is a flat buff in this scenario. If you are so average/close minded, think it as a buff to multitarget then.
    Yeah, that's it. lol

"flat buff" =/= Secondary Resource gen on two dots ONCE per mob per encounter ONLY when Mind Blast is off cooldown. Not saying its not powerful in the proper situation. It definitely is. "flat buff" though means buffed in ALL situations and if ALL our dots were flat out buffed on top of the leveling perks using this glyph, that would be OP. This glyph is not OP as you were suggesting.

It IS a buff. But I would consider a "flat buff" to be Shadow Word: Pain is increased by 10% or something.

Getting a free 2 orbs every time there is a new mob alive during Mind Blast being off cd, is awesome, but its not a huge a buff as people think. It will bring us in line honestly with other casters imo.

The fact that this is starting out as a glyph (even though it will probably go baseline mainly due to other glyphs being so weak), should tell you something. It's not crazy op. Just very strong, which Shadow needs.

@evertonbelmontt - you should really read the DP and Insanity spells along with Void Entropy and look at the Mind Blast cooldown and think mechanically through this. You can only cast EITHER DP+Insanity or VEnt with three orbs. So work out the math on how much extra damage we can get, and how fast we can get it with Mind Blast having a cooldown and the rest of the raid burning down adds. Council fights obviously the targets live long so helps with opener, but you only benefit from the glyph once per boss per mind blast. Strong but not OP. Especially when orbs will decay out of combat, so we will often (never?) have 3 orbs already on the pull. Talent combinations will also have a major impact on how strong this glyph is.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-05-21 at 06:43 PM.

I'm embarrassed at how dumb you are. Idk how you can call anyone out when you are some no name warlock. It's pretty obvious you don't know anything about what you are talking about. Mind blast has a cd unless you pick di, and with DI proc rate changing we won't know it's uptime, none the less, with mind blast having a CD and the duration of dp being less that of mind blasts cd, you won't be able to multi dot unless you can get SWs and by that time all the adds will be dead. You won't be able to multi dot with DP anyway. So you won't be able to have multiple Devouring Plagues up unless you get insane luck, odd timing of a boss mechanic, or picking VEnt. But that's a different ability.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Talent combinations
    Poor Squid only interacting with Power Infusion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Poor Squid only interacting with Power Infusion
    I really hope they redo MBender. It's so lack luster.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I really hope they redo MBender. It's so lack luster.
    something like, Bender has no CD.. pulses massive AOE once per orb consuming it, but single target damage is largely reduced.

Seeing as Insanity is single target, and FDCL shines on Multi-dot.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-05-21 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I'm embarrassed at how dumb you are. Idk how you can call anyone out when you are some no name warlock. It's pretty obvious you don't know anything about what you are talking about. Mind blast has a cd unless you pick di, and with DI proc rate changing we won't know it's uptime, none the less, with mind blast having a CD and the duration of dp being less that of mind blasts cd, you won't be able to multi dot unless you can get SWs and by that time all the adds will be dead. You won't be able to multi dot with DP anyway. So you won't be able to have multiple Devouring Plagues up unless you get insane luck, odd timing of a boss mechanic, or picking VEnt. But that's a different ability.
    Please, do us all a favor and learn how to use paragraphs.

As for your flame, I don't need to be well known to speak the truth. You're the one putting a lot of "ifs", and it seems to me you're the ONLY one denying the strenght of this glyph/perk, even amongst other SP's.

Your main argument seems to be that adds won't live enough so you can make good use of it? This will be up to the devs and the encounters, but on SoO I can think of a number of encounters it could/would make a difference, if someone is still doing progress. Don't you?

And since you may play the "it's kinda late to be doing progress", try to be smart and look at the big picture as if WoD raids were somehow similar to SoO, or ToT.

@Spinalcrack

Where the hell did I said it was OP?
    Mechanically speaking, it's a QoL, and a buff to multitarget situations. I hope SP get it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I would rather get it at level 98-99 or so. I think a strong perk at end of leveling (not necessarily as a final 100, due to tier talent already existing) is a really nice reward. Also remember there are daily quests. A lower level perk would instead fix something a class has been long missing if its really broken (and yes, this might count for that, but I think I already commented I find it more of a band-aid; still, better this than nothing!).
    For references sake, I'm pretty sure it's been said that perks are always earned in a random order. It's possible that this may change (if it hasn't already), but currently they add some zest to leveling up, because suddenly an attack becomes so much better.