Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about this, so every first mindblast on a NEW target will give the orbs right?
    Any one know if there is going to be a debuff on your target saying you mindblast him already?

If so, how does this happen on for example boss fight with 2 bosses.. the first time you attack them you get good burst/opener
    with the glyph and the rest of the whole fight it will not happen again? has this been discussed already?

Sorry trying to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    (one mind blast every 9.X seconds. The spell doesn't go on cooldown until after it is cast.)
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I have a question about this, so every first mindblast on a NEW target will give the orbs right?
    Any one know if there is going to be a debuff on your target saying you mindblast him already?

If so, how does this happen on for example boss fight with 2 bosses.. the first time you attack them you get good burst/opener
    with the glyph and the rest of the whole fight it will not happen again? has this been discussed already?

Sorry trying to understand.
    Whenever you MB a target it gets a hidden debuff that prevents it from proccing Mind Harvest again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Whenever you MB a target it gets a hidden debuff that prevents it from proccing Mind Harvest again.
    Yea, thats what I ment.. so it's hidden.. it doesn't show if it will be up again or something on targets that don't die fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea, thats what I ment.. so it's hidden.. it doesn't show if it will be up again or something on targets that don't die fast.
    It can only be used once per mob. You only get the three orbs once for each target you cast it on for the life of the target.

If Blizz doesn't add a visible debuff that can be tracked, addons can capture the first time a mind blast hits a target, grab its guid and then monitor the health of the mob in order to track it as well.

So if name plate addons don't pick it up and its not possible with weak aura's or w/e I would write an addon for it myself because we need to track that when there are a lot of mobs.

More than likely though it'll apply a debuff that we can track. /hope
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-05-22 at 05:49 PM.

From the latest update in News: "Glyph of Mind Harvest (New) The first time you damage an enemy with Mind Blast, you gain 50 additional Orbs. Major Glyph."
    50? Tooltip says 50 too.
    A typo, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    From the latest update in News: "Glyph of Mind Harvest (New) The first time you damage an enemy with Mind Blast, you gain 50 additional Orbs. Major Glyph."
    50? Tooltip says 50 too.
    A typo, I assume?
    Glyph also has a "Increase cooldown by 4 sec" value on it. If that's really the case then the glyph is pretty useless unless you have a constant add spawn every 20-30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Glyph also has a "Increase cooldown by 4 sec" value on it.
    Aww, didn't see that one. If this is so, it's pretty meh.. Initial hopes were too high, the glyph how it was presented at first was too good to be true.

Perhaps they'll give Shadow a mechanic by which extra orbs generated leave our bodies and land on the ground (a la healing spheres), which when enemies are kited across deal damage based off your spell power at the time they're dispatched.

Deleted
    If it isn't becoming mandatory it doesn't solve our lack of orbs on pull, but I don't welcome mandatory glyphs. They specifically made Balance able to burst on pull and we've been the only class in this expansion which can't.

With glyph in 24 seconds you get 2 MBs off instead of 3. After 48 seconds you got 4 MB instead of 6 but orb generation would be similar on single target (not same, since you can pump a DP in the boss on pull with your trinkets up) So somewhere after 48 seconds it starts to break even on single target with no glyph running around. What about multidot though? What would be the breakpoint?

DI also saw a change. It can proc from SWP and Mind Spike. ToF cannot proc from healing anymore so those uptimes will be lower as well. Would this glyph make DI better than ToF if you are on a multidot fight with shortliving adds spawning (say 1 every 5 seconds) where you can use DI's procs to grab 3 orbs and dump the DPs into different targets without using SWI? What if the adds aren't so shortliving (lasting 40 seconds), spawning slower (say spawning also every 40 seconds)?

If PvP will look anything like it is now this will be crazy in 3v3 Arena.
    Two DPs in a row or one each on two targets within two globals? Yes please.

Save up for 3 Orbs
    CC the healer
    Cast DP on a target
    MB an new target
    Silence healer
    DP the seccond target

Ouchie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Glyph also has a "Increase cooldown by 4 sec" value on it. If that's really the case then the glyph is pretty useless unless you have a constant add spawn every 20-30 seconds.
    Depends how they do with DI, if it (as it stands now in the notes) procs from both SW: P and VT it could still be a very good glyph for less frequent add spawn encouters. High proc rate = yes, as it is now with the current CI we have live= no.

Deleted
    I honestly dont care about the extra orbs on each new target. I only want the 3 orbs on the pull. They can cancle the rest. It would make it anyways really hard to be balance for all ecounters. Why do they make thinks overcomplicated. this should be baseline.

The glyph could reset the cd of MB if you hit the target the first time with MB. Kind of a reversed shadow word death ; D it would not be OP for pvp and still have it use for pve. It basically gives one free orb with a bit extra SP coefficient from the second MB cast (it will basically give a 0, 8125 extra orb because of the cast time). BUT It would be still kind of mandatory but less than nowdays. Since you get only an extra orb and a bit extra damag from it at an single target patchfight.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2014-05-25 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    Why do they make thinks overcomplicated. this should be baseline.
    I couldn't agree more. Out of combat regeneration of at least 2 orbs would make the most sense, but that's not gonna happen because it would come as a "ok guys you were right for a whole expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    People seem to have failed to take into account a couple of things:

1) Haste reduces the CD of Mind Blast. Mastermind + our general love of haste will help offset the 4 sec penalty.
    It won't offset it. MB's CD will be increased and it will be a net loss unless there's a minimum add spawn rate, regardless of haste (it actually gets worse with haste).

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    2) This glyph is going to make leveling a piece of cake, which I think one of its major intents.
    That wasn't its intent. It was made to give us resources on pull, then got nerfed into uselessness outside of leveling.

GoMH adds 6 second CD to mind blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a chance of this going live as it is?
    I mean, if i understand correctly is utterly useless isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Is there a chance of this going live as it is?
    I mean, if i understand correctly is utterly useless isnt it?
    It's nice while leveling and solo questing. Once you get to raiding it's next to useless due to encounter designs, and you'll get stuck, still, after a whole xpac, with no resources on pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    It's nice while leveling and solo questing. Once you get to raiding it's next to useless due to encounter designs, and you'll get stuck, still, after a whole xpac, with no resources on pull.
    Yeah but the initial design made obvious -at least i think- that the created this glyph for raiding purposes and then they nerfed to a point of being unusable in raids.