Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Even if it was a valid source, it only takes of killing gays, and nothing of lesbians, so using it to bash them doesn't make any sense. she'd have to be killing gay people for it to be valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Nonsense. If god comes by and writes new, modern laws to reflect modern society, I could totally see based laws on religion.

Until then, though, they shouldn't mix at all, considering two thousand years of noise and corruption.
    Religion should in no way be forced on anybody.

Deleted
    I hope she was a virgin when she got married or that same book she hides behind demands she be put to death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Bible, or any faith text, isn't a defense. It may be a source, but all that does is define your faith as pushing its followers to, in this case, break the law (which, to be clear, I think goes too far).

Having a Biblical source to support your bigotry doesn't make you not-a-bigot. It mean your faith is the source of your bigotry, and is itself bigoted. And it's no excuse for law-breaking. If your faith allowed for honor killings, that would still mean you're a murderer when you commit one, and you will go to jail for doing so. Same difference.
    This is the case in secular countries, but it isn't universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    There are New Testament rejections but none by Christ himself. He didn't have anything to say about homosexuality. It's just Paul who has a metaphorical stick up his arse.
    But Jesus did make references to marriage as a bond between a male and female. No where did he ever refer to a marriage being between two of the same sex. And Paul was pretty special in the sense Jesus appeared to him personally. And appointed him to spread the gospel. I would think his opinion would be important.

But I do not want to derail the thread. You can not use any religious text to make legal defense and expect the Jury or Judge to accept it as a legal document. All you are doing is affirming what you have done was because of your faith. In some instances this will be accepted as religious freedom. However, no religious conviction can excuse your actions if you are in violation of the US Constitution as the Supreme Court sees it. Speaking of the USA.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-01 at 01:31 PM.

I really wish people would be better and not take attention seeking/popularity cues from political games in the USA.
    Then there is that whole literalist old test thing coming from a gentile.. lol
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-05-01 at 01:35 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I don't think she has any ground to stand on, Australia is a secular country.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So infertile couples should stay celibate? By that logic an infertile man and wife sleeping together is as big an abomination as homosexuality.
    I didn't say I agreed with it. Don't project and assume so much, it looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce
    None of that is mentioned in the Bible, the Gospels do not record anything about homosexuality, and there are no secondary sources to refer to because there is no contemporary corroboration of the life of Jesus or even that he existed at all. So you're just guessing and making all that up because it sounds nice to you.

But don't worry, that's precisely what churches have been doing for 2,000 years too.
    So you're response to what a Religious scripture says is to doubt it veracity?

Look, I get that argument...but it's an entirely different argument. If you want to just be an asshole and derail the conversation, please go do that elsewhere.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    "factual grounds, referring directly to the Bible as supporting evidence."

.. Uhh.. good luck with that one, lady.
    Metzen in your avatar goes well with that quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But Jesus did make references to marriage as a bond between a male and female. No where did he ever refer to a marriage being between two of the same sex.
    He said the ideal marriage was between a male and female, and never explicitly condemned homosexuality. Paul claimed Jesus chose him, that doesn't mean Christ himself said it. Paul did.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Ah, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's. Methinks the Bible's implicit secularism is going to be a turd in the legal defence here.
    just watched that... BIBLE on netflix/history channel is a good watch. My girl believes it, I just think they good stories like the greek gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Good ol' homophobia, just like racism and other bigoted beliefs, it'll never disappear from this planet.
    i dunno, i used to be pretty against homos but this rich guy is pretty cool. been reading his posts for almost a year now i think and really has changed some of my views. honestly i wouldnt want my children to be gay but who knows maybe by the time they old enough for sex i wont care :P