Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddave View Post
    Do i need a wifi router or not? im going with kostas build
    IF your ISP doesn't provide one and you don't have one to hand, yes.

i mean do i need a wifi piece to plug into the back of my computer to receve the internet, i have a router set up for internet already.
    also i want to get a resolution of 2560 x 1440 is that going to be possible with this build?

Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddave View Post
    i mean do i need a wifi piece to plug into the back of my computer to receve the internet, i have a router set up for internet already.
    also i want to get a resolution of 2560 x 1440 is that going to be possible with this build?
    If your close to the router, just use a ethernet cable. Otherwise, go with a PCI-slot Wifi card(someone will point you towards a good one).

And you should be able to use a 1440p monitor for normal stuff, just don't plan on gaming @ 1440p without some issues or reducing alot of settings, resolution included.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

ok for sure then i guess im not to worried about the resolution.
    Some one please send me that wifi card im going to order my parts when everything is together.
    i ended up coming up with the cash im not going to do the preferred account, thx for that bit of info tho!

This one looks pretty good and is 40% off to boot. Just going off of reviews on Newegg.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

sweet thank you for the help, one last question.
    I was looking around and a site said this would be a better choice. MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
    I like the option for an HDMI port, that alone seems like it is a better choice just because of convince. but if the card is going to run games worse then im not worried about it. I am not trying to play every game on max settings not just eso, now that i will have a gameing pc i will start gaming. lol
    also should i go with a intel core i7? if so which one? i will shell out a few extra hundred if it makes a difference. I want the best i can get now so i dont have to upgrade for awhile.

Stick with the GTX 760 and you don't really need a i7 either, at least not enough to warrant the $100 price-difference. You can always keep a eye out for when Micrcenter has then down to ~$200-250 and buy one(places like Staples will price-match and ship it to you) then and you could sell your i5 to get most of that back.

Did some tweaking to Kosts build as some prices changed a bit.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1008.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-30 22:01 EDT-0400)

sweet thank you for all of your help! we are in the middle of a move once i settle in i will be ordering my parts.
    Why did u change the motherboard? All i noticed on the video card was the core clock was higher (i have no clue what that is but im about to use google) and the power cord im guessing gold is better then bronze... but idk
    once again thank you for helping! i was so lost at first now I'm comfortable i will have a awesome gaming pc!

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($77.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.00 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1012.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-31 08:43 EDT-0400)

Swapped in Z97 motherboard, faster ram, Samsung SSD and R9 280. My personal opinion, but it's a bit faster and about same price if you can handle all the MIRs.

Deleted
    This started 1 month ago, if you keep going back to back, you will need a new build everytime cause things change so fast :P

sweet thx for that, and kosta yeah pretty lame i thought i would have had it built by now but oh well atleast im getting build one!
    what are MIRs?

Deleted
    You refering to Mail-In Rebate?