Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Female night elf character model - fanmade

Hello everyone, not long ago we got a glimpse at a leaked version of the new Female Night elf character model. However, since it rather bordered on the creepy, Blizzard scrapped this model and stated that they are starting again from scratch.

I decided to modify the features that I thought were responsible for the model falling within the infamous "Uncanny valley". I think our future Night elf model might indeed look something like this:

http://fav.me/d7h89zt

Do you guys think that's plausible, and which race are you the most excited about?

*Edit: Well, with all the criticism gone to heart, I did some editing so she doesn't at least look like a dude. I hope it's more presentable that way. I wasn't thinking I'm doing something huge anyway, I just wanted to visualize her based on the leaked model, but not looking so demonic and just plain weird. Enjoy (Or not)
    Last edited by mmoc2cb3a0d88f; 2014-05-06 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not showing up.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm trying to fix that, but I can't embed the photo. I added a link to deviantart until I figure it out.

I think you should work on your photoshop skills, son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    I think you should work on your photoshop skills, son.
    Well now, it's not that bad, is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems too muscular.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    "she" has the biceps and traps of a male bodybuilder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Free the Brain View Post
    Well now, it's not that bad, is it.
    I'm sorry but it's pretty bad

You pinched her mouth shut and played with her boobs. If you're asking if we think the developers will do something similar, I think Tyrande's characterization in A Little Patience proves they've already done.

We got a leaked picture of the Night Elf female? Where?

yeah.....kiiiiinda looks like a dude lol

Looks like a lad from the 1930's...

I don't think the uncanny valley was ever present in the original updates either...

Uh, I do like the hair though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually did do something similar to your mock up. Albeit if only because they were doing something similar in the first place.

Not really sure which update has me excited. I play all races, but if I had to choose... either human or nelf. Maybe troll because we haven't seen any previews of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    You pinched her mouth shut and played with her boobs. If you're asking if we think the developers will do something similar, I think Tyrande's characterization in A Little Patience proves they've already done.
    LOL

Deleted
    No. Simply said. No.

Criticism is good, but i think you all are a little to harsh on him.

The fan made remodel needs some extra work indeed but come on it's not that horrible. Keep it up and it will surely improve !

Sorry, this is not a "New Female Night Elf Character Model", you've taken the scrapped one and given it hair. I don't want to shoot you down, but that's not the be all and end all of a Model ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadlington View Post
    We got a leaked picture of the Night Elf female? Where?
    We got a leaked picture of one they had already scrapped. It's not a big deal, and frankly was pretty bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Criticism is good, but i think you all are a little to harsh on him.

The fan made remodel needs some extra work indeed but come on it's not that horrible. Keep it up and it will surely improve !
    I hate to say it, but it is horrible. It's a messy photoshop with smudge tools and a tomboy haircut. It's bad, plain and simple.

Deleted
    Oh, fuck! You guys are right, she totally looks like a dude, haha. Really sorry for the fuckup. I'll do some editing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty bad sorry. You need more practice. Plus that model was scrapped for a reason. It looks pretty bad and I hope they do way better with a new one they hopefully show soon.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2014-05-05 at 10:42 PM.