Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The 'I Can't Stop Searching for Set Pieces' Thread

So, I thought I'd make a thread because...I'm Erous and I have a problem. My problem started with the Inna's set for my monk. I got Inna's Reach one day and thought 'this would be a great set to get for my guy. 2 days later Inna's Vast Expanse drops. Okay, woot! I'm on my way. A week later Inna's Radiance drops...holy crap, I'm like near my 4 piece...I'm going to start running rifts and whatnot to complete the set.

But then, to my dismay, Plans: Cain's Destiny drops and the 2pc attack speed bonus is win. So I craft 2 of these badboys and I'm rocking super dual wield speed. But I can't stop there, I thought since I got good rolls I'd make the third piece. And BAM, third piece has good rolls and I enchant into something better.

So within a matter of a couple of weeks I am rocking 2 sets with bonuses.

So I had my sites set on Inna's and I'm cruising along looking for the last piece(pieces) and suddenly MANTLE OF THE UPSIDE-DOWN SINNERS drops. The set bonuses have me salivating all over my keyboard. So now I'm on the hunt for THIS set.

To trim down the farm time, I add more farm time by looking for the Ring of Royal Grandeur

So at this point I have 3 sets running on my monk as I feverishly search for other pieces. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I have to part ways with some of them in favor of others. I clearly have issues. Anyone else have this sickness, or am I alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this sickness for the RoRG, which I looted less than an hour ago, and I'm never gonna leave Torment anymore because of it. Hardcore is not fun on sub-torment level. I'm glad they are patching away the ability to loot bounty legendaries sub torment next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I had this sickness for the RoRG, which I looted less than an hour ago, and I'm never gonna leave Torment anymore because of it. Hardcore is not fun on sub-torment level. I'm glad they are patching away the ability to loot bounty legendaries sub torment next patch.
    Agreed. Looking forward to the torment 2+ legendary drop rate buff. I already run rifts in T3, close to T4, so bounties at T1 is such a cakewalk. Looking forward to T2+ adding some challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more fascinated by the fact you get so many set pieces.
    I run T3 daily and I've barely found 2-3 Blackthorne pieces in weeks, yet alone any class sets ever.
    Sigh.

But yes, I do have a similar issue with crafted sets. My Crusader runs 3 sets with RoRG, highly effective.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'm more fascinated by the fact you get so many set pieces.
    I run T3 daily and I've barely found 2-3 Blackthorne pieces in weeks, yet alone any class sets ever.
    Sigh.

But yes, I do have a similar issue with crafted sets. My Crusader runs 3 sets with RoRG, highly effective.
    My wife is the same. She sits next to me and hears 'CLANG!' from the speakers and it's a green. Granted, I've crafted a few as well. I've picked up quite a few legendary set books and one-off craftables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looted 2 Blackthorne Amus, one was decent, so that's the one I'm using. Same for chest, looted that. Gambled legs (tho the roll is kinda low), gives me the 4p bonus with RoRG which is just so so so good for HC.

And obviously crafted my 2 Aughild parts. That's about it, I find very little set material. However the change in difficulty now when playing Torment 1 solo to earlier is immense, it feels a lot easier and I don't have to risk my life every pack, with multi-pulls nearly killing me every time. Hardcore is more about gear progression than anything, now I can start farming the "torment-only" sets...
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

got a source on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    got a source on that?
    Yeah, haven't read anything about it either. Well, if they increase the drop rate then I wouldn't mind, 1 legendary per 30 boxes is crap. And my RoRG is so crap...

As for set pieces, ever since RoS hit I got only 2 pieces of Firebird (the only Wizard set I did not want; also, the chest was my first lvl 70 legendary), some crap blackthorne. And then few days later, gloves dropped \o\ My last rare item /o/ With 50% (or so I thought) for it to by Vyr. Nah, 'twas Akhan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    got a source on that?
    Seems I was wrong since I didn't read into it completely, for the best explanation, read into this post:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48043...will-also-drop

I believe they are just increasing the legendary drop rate for caches for T2+

Hmmm, that change is indeed nice. Not sure how I feel about other legendaries dropping from caches (lowers the chance that once legendary drops from it it would be the cache specific one), but we'll see how it goes. Especially if that includes set items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Adding to the saga, I just picked up Blackthorne's Jousting Mail. So I swapped out my other set pants in favor of these...did some enchanting on them too.

Also a cool guide for set pieces. Thought it'd be fitting for this thread: [Guide] Set Pieces (Photomontage) Looks like the guide is in its infancy, so I'll give it some time.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems a lot of people are thinking that caches are getting nerfed, who is spreading this terrible rumor?

But yes OP, I got ring of royal grandeur and now I use 3 sets simultaneously for their 3 piece bonus, using only 2 pieces. I'm currently looking for a marauder's helm or boots. I have 3 pieces and can get the godly 4 piece with my ring, but to do so I have to use a chest, and giving up cindercoat is just too big of a nerf, even for that set bonus.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'm a Crusader playing currently on t5 and have found so far the following Akkhan pieces: 4 gloves, 3 boots, 2 helms and 1 breastplate. I just need pants now.

If this game gives me anymore of the same set piece ring or any more rings in general I'll go crazy... Everytime I hear that legendary sound I despair it will be yet another ring. I really can't say the amount I have received. Considering you pretty much HAVE to use a RoRG and the second is almost always going to be a well rolled SoJ seeing a green beam only to notice it is a ring makes me sad. Oh well nevermind, onwards to another day of trying for set pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally found Akkhan pants last night! Ofc wasted a dozen rerolls without getting two sockets so far -_-

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It seems a lot of people are thinking that caches are getting nerfed, who is spreading this terrible rumor?

But yes OP, I got ring of royal grandeur and now I use 3 sets simultaneously for their 3 piece bonus, using only 2 pieces. I'm currently looking for a marauder's helm or boots. I have 3 pieces and can get the godly 4 piece with my ring, but to do so I have to use a chest, and giving up cindercoat is just too big of a nerf, even for that set bonus.
    I think it might just be a misunderstanding of the patch notes. In reality, you get the same base drop rate for legendaries in caches (I think) for the bounty runs, hence why everyone runs a T1 or below. So the upcoming patch with increased legendary drop rate for t2+ may be misconstrued as a nerf? Not sure. I of course could be very wrong in this statement.

I'm still chugging along trying to get the RoRG. Moar bounties plz!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    I'm a Crusader playing currently on t5 and have found so far the following Akkhan pieces: 4 gloves, 3 boots, 2 helms and 1 breastplate. I just need pants now.
    Yes! Keep going for that set! Or get the ring of royal grandeur...but at this point, I'm not sure which has a higher chance to drop. Probably the ring given that it drops off 1 cache

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Finally found Akkhan pants last night! Ofc wasted a dozen rerolls without getting two sockets so far -_-
    Yeah, enchanting is getting ridiculously expensive for me. I keep trying to build up a gold stash, but then waste it away. I'll need some gold run guides

Been grinding Torment Rifts with my guild for a week for a Zuni set for my WD. And my Tasker & Theo though it's not a set item exactly.

Can't complain too much though. I hit 70 on WD last week and got Mask of Jeram on 10 blood shards. Where some of my clan mates have spent thousands of shards without a Mask of Jeram. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what, Firebird chest dropped for me with 500int on it. I would really like to get another two pieces of it now for my HC toon since the 4p (with RoRG) is well, imba? for HC.

Wonder if that will ever tappen though. Those items are rare as f to begin with.

Guess what, Firebird chest dropped for me with 500int on it. I would really like to get another two pieces of it now for my HC toon since the 4p (with RoRG) is well, imba? for HC.

Wonder if that will ever tappen though. Those items are rare as f to begin with.
    Question - if you run unstable anomaly AND firebirds, which will trigger first? Or will they both trigger at the same time?