Marijuana is legal in Washington, but pipe tobacco isn't?

Today I learned that it is illegal to ship (and sell online) pipe tobacco in the state of Washington. Washington is the only state where this is a crime. Cigars are exempt from the ban, because they are not mass produced and are considered specialty items that are used almost entirely by adults, aren't inhaled and don't contain added chemicals. Yet pipes, which I imagine are also used almost entirely by adults and also don't contain added chemicals (and aren't inhaled), are banned? Where does this hypocrisy come from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Where does this hypocrisy come from?
    It's America, why do you need to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that it was a legislative error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.