Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogue (burst of speed spec) or a shaman is your best bet. We personally have only used BM monks (25 man) and priests (10 man) as our kiters, so not sure, but heard people have success with both shamans+druids due to their passive movement speed, as Animma says.

Deleted
    I kited the star as a hunter with disengage, so you should try and pick the player that has the highest chance to figure out the kiting as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I kited the star as a hunter with disengage, so you should try and pick the player that has the highest chance to figure out the kiting as fast as possible.
    Kiting the star is one of the most simple things in the entire encounter. The kiter virtually can't fuck up, if the iron star gets derped it's 9 out of 10 times because a derpy raider stood in the wrong spot and either took the fixate, or intervened the explosion so garrosh doesn't get interrupted. That said, a hunter in Cheeta should be the same movement speed as a kitty/ghost wolf.

Deleted
    We're not quite at it yet but we're actually planning to use a warlock to do it simply because he's one of the reliable players =T

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    We're not quite at it yet but we're actually planning to use a warlock to do it simply because he's one of the reliable players =T
    Eh. Seems risky. He could use burning rush, but he'd probably be out of range of the healers for quite a while, so he'd be awfully low on HP with it constantly ticking away. That said, it can obviously be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh. Seems risky. He could use burning rush, but he'd probably be out of range of the healers for quite a while, so he'd be awfully low on HP with it constantly ticking away. That said, it can obviously be done.
    Burning rush was the go-to, seems like with a healthstone glyph and some ember taps it'd be little problem.

The main issue is that he doesn't have a speed boost for "oh shit!" moments, if he gets slightly too close or hesitate because the star is re-fixating. He can only just be as fast as the star, never get further away.

Deleted
    Burning rush is 50% though, it's faster than the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Burning rush is 50% though, it's faster than the star.
    Fair enough, thought it was the standard 40% or whatever it is all the others are.

Deleted
    Kiting the star is one of the most simple things in the entire encounter. The kiter virtually can't fuck up, if the iron star gets derped it's 9 out of 10 times because a derpy raider stood in the wrong spot and either took the fixate, or intervened the explosion so garrosh doesn't get interrupted. That said, a hunter in Cheeta should be the same movement speed as a kitty/ghost wolf.
    Oh yeah it's not hard, but it's pretty much the only mechanic going on in P4 so picking the right person seems way more important in my eyes, but as you as it's not hard to do.

This thread has me amped for Garrosh but it looks like my raid is going to disband at H Blackfuse and I fear I'll never actually get to fight H Garrosh.

Maybe I can find a cross-server group somehow...

At any rate, this was a fun read. Thank you guys. I feel much more prepared to kite now if I ever get there.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Oh yeah it's not hard, but it's pretty much the only mechanic going on in P4 so picking the right person seems way more important in my eyes, but as you as it's not hard to do.
    Handling the fourth malice is the most "difficult" task in P4, and I'd prefer to put my best players (who can immunity soak, such as a hunter) on that. In case a second ironstar spawns, the kiter has to be ready to pick it up and kite till the end of the fight, so can't really rely on the kiting hunter to do both malice AND ironstar kiting, in your scenario :P.

Deleted
    Handling the fourth malice is the most "difficult" task in P4, and I'd prefer to put my best players (who can immunity soak, such as a hunter) on that. In case a second ironstar spawns, the kiter has to be ready to pick it up and kite till the end of the fight, so can't really rely on the kiting hunter to do both malice AND ironstar kiting, in your scenario :P.
    Yeah, I did soaking 4th malice and ironstar kiting We didn't plan for a 2nd ironstar (got one anyway) and really it shouldn't be needed.

Yeah, I did soaking 4th malice and ironstar kiting We didn't plan for a 2nd ironstar (got one anyway) and really it shouldn't be needed.
    It's progress. If you don't plan for the worst case scenario, you're doing something wrong. Always expect that you'll accidentelly get a star.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you guys have a plan for who is actually spawning the star as well - especially since it now requires 4 people to do it. It might seem stupid, but it can be easy to forget about during a good progression pull, and it's a super frustrating way to wipe. We use two soakers who each take the last 3 ticks of Malice 2, the person with Malice, and myself (resto druid, kiter) to spawn it. We also have a backup soaker in case one of the three of us is the person with Malice.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    Make sure you guys have a plan for who is actually spawning the star as well - especially since it now requires 4 people to do it. It might seem stupid, but it can be easy to forget about during a good progression pull, and it's a super frustrating way to wipe. We use two soakers who each take the last 3 ticks of Malice 2, the person with Malice, and myself (resto druid, kiter) to spawn it. We also have a backup soaker in case one of the three of us is the person with Malice.
    Pretty much same as us. 2x malice soakers, the kiter, and 2 melee standing in. Tank + 4 ranged gets the fuck out of there when bombardment starts.

It's progress. If you don't plan for the worst case scenario, you're doing something wrong. Always expect that you'll accidentelly get a star.
    Wasn't there a hotfix that made it so in 10m you need 4 people to trigger an Iron Star instead of 3 like it was at the beginning of 5.4?
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    Wasn't there a hotfix that made it so in 10m you need 4 people to trigger an Iron Star instead of 3 like it was at the beginning of 5.4?
    Yup. That doesn't mean that people don't occasionally fuck up. I agree that in a perfect world, it shouldn't happen - but I mean, if all it takes is one guy being ready to pick up the star to make it a kill rather than a wipe, why wouldn't you have the safety net?

One of the reasons we killed Ra Den in 9 attempts last tier was because we took every safety precaution we could. We had "backup" soakers for the lightning standing slightly further out than the raid, positioned so that if the designated soaker was in position, they wouldn't get it, but if the soaker missed it, they would get hit and the raid would survive. Was it needed? No, everyone shoulda been able to walk out and get to their designated spot. Did it save us from wiping? Yes, yes it did, because fuckups happen. What was the cost? Having 2 healers stand slightly outside of the raid instead of inside the clump.

I like to think of tactics/raiding in general like this:
    Work with what you have, rather than what you wish you had.

We hit 17% going into intermission 2, and we even had a few attempts where we had 20 energy going through intermission 1. Unfortunately we couldn't push p4 tonight. A few of our best attempts had hardware issues or power outages at turrible moments. This thread has definitely been very helpful for us.

tuesday logs- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lwvrk6VqbhAtzBnY/

question-1
    Do you lust as Garrosh hits 10%/rp/floats for the p3 burn?
    Last edited by Danshot; 2014-05-07 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    We hit 17% going into intermission 2, and we even had a few attempts where we had 20 energy going through intermission 1. Unfortunately we couldn't push p4 tonight. a few of our best attempts had hardware issues or power outages at turrible moments. This thread has definitely been very helpful for us.

tuesday logs- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lwvrk6VqbhAtzBnY/

questions-1
    Do you lust as Garrosh hits 10%/rp/floats for the p3 burn?
    It depends how potent your raiders burst is. If you get him to 1 HP before he finishes his floaty-RP, it means that you lost DPS on him (as that is not subtracted when he heals for 30%). If you don't get him to 1 hp during the float, it doesn't matter. Just make sure that it's done latest when he throws the desecrate (40 seconds from then, he'll whirl, which means very little dps uptime = lost lust benefit).