Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Bladespire Citadel seems disappointing.

So, as I'm sure most of you have seen, Horde is getting to claim Bladespire Fortress from the Orges for their main base in WoD, and the Alliance is getting Karabor. I know the game is in Alpha, but there seems to be huge size discrepancies between these two main cities. The Alliance is getting the Black Temple before the corruption, which was massive in size by itself. However, from the screenshots and map diagrams of Bladespire, it doesn't seem massive like you would expect from ogres, and it seems to pale in comparison to Karabor.

Maybe the screen shots don't do it justice, and maybe the Horde will have huts and stuff in the proximity of Bladespire Fortress, but from what I can tell, Bladespire is very small compared to Karabor.

http://www.donasdecasawow.com.br/nov...ue-vem-por-ai/
    Very shortly down from the top, you can see both maps and compare the size together.
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2014-04-30 at 08:31 PM.

And to think the Alliance are the ones complaining about everything...

The number 1 thing I hate about the horde... their architecture. If you could call it that. The thing I hated most about the Alliance, all non Draenei models looking awful. Years later, with WoD and new character models approaching, I'm wishing I had stayed Alliance.

Deleted
    I am excited for WoD. I am Alliance. And I slightly agree with you. I think it just looks very disorganised as opposed to what the alliance get. If the layout is fine then I can't imagine it being that much of a problem but because it looks tall I can see some irritation with elevators and such. I'll reserve judgement until I see a detailed tour of the cities but I can understand the concern between what the alliance get and what the horde get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Bladespire at first it was meh, but Exploring it through the Sandbox I'm looking forward to it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The black temple holds 1000* more significance to players because we have been there and in the zone in the future/ past (?) ...bladespire citadel is a new place inside a new zone..not exactly any thrill gained by seeing it, may as well just be a random ogre cave no one cares about >.<

I think i will play alliance because the horde things seem so generic..fight off some unknown ogres who you care little about to take their buildings which you care little about... vs defend the black temple/ space goats/ velen from complete and total destruction..

It seems to be the same complaint I'm hearing in regard to Alliance garrisons looking better than Horde garrisons. It's unfortunate when one faction has better "stuff" than the other, but it's a small blip on my radar. I'd presonally like to see everyone out in the world again instead of queueing for whatever from their faction hub. Multiple cities, useful hearth points, world interaction all would make me much more excited about the direction of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The black temple holds 1000* more significance to players because we have been there and in the zone in the future/ past (?) ...bladespire citadel is a new place inside a new zone..not exactly any thrill gained by seeing it, may as well just be a random ogre cave no one cares about >.<

I think i will play alliance because the horde things seem so generic..fight off some unknown ogres who you care little about to take their buildings which you care little about... vs defend the black temple/ space goats/ velen from complete and total destruction..
    This argument doesn't work. You're defending the very founding fathers of your horde from these ogres in their original homeland. It still has strong ties with the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    This argument doesn't work. You're defending the very founding fathers of your horde from these ogres in their original homeland. It still has strong ties with the horde.
    That may be but its still a brand new concept. While the black temple has been in game for a long time. Players know what they're fighting for. The temple of karabor is the Vatican for the Draenei pretty much. The fact that it's going to be their home base is a huge deal. Compared to some random fortress you take from ogres.

I think Bladespire looks Amazing on the inside and outside :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karabor is tiny inside the temple FYI. Its more or less like the Shrine. (Sandbox ftw). Obviously it can change, but so far Bladespire is way bigger inside, Karabor has a larger exterior because of the gardens.

Anyway, this is all subjective and semantics, no one is convicing one or the other is better. I prefer Frostfire, it doesn't mean that its better.

Another opinion Durotan > Velen :P

Deleted
    Has anyone got any videos for Bladespire and Karabor? I'd like to see what it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Personally, I think this need for "equality" in everything possible between the factions is ridiculous.
    I agree with this, very much. It's like people get some sort of superiorty mentality over pointless things? That can be experieced by everyone? lol

Smaller capital means all the important stuff is closer together. I'd go insane running back and forth moving stuff from my bank to void storage (for example) in shrine if it wasn't for the speed buff you get while inside shrine.

Deleted
    I see many Alliance players in here that defend the Alliance getting better stuff than horde. Awaiting the next thread about Horde getting better stuff where the same players complain about fairness.

Personally, I think this need for "equality" in everything possible between the factions is ridiculous.
    Agreed. What a stale game this would be if the Alliance and Horde got equal treatment. This is supposed to be a game about a war between the two factions and outside enemies bearing in on them.

Anyone who complains about faction-inequality, to me, is a 12-year old at heart and in spirit. And not the clever 12 year olds that you look at and go, "Wow, you're really mature, insightful and intelligent for your age!" No, the 12-year old that kicks cats for fun and still pretends that girls have cooties. That's what they sound like.

If something gets blown up in Alliance territory, someone in the Horde territory doesn't just magically get blown up, as well.. That's not how it works, and if it did, it would be lame and unimaginative.

I'm personally glad Blizzard has basically been like, "We are doing it this way and you're just gonna have to play it and get over it if you don't like it," with WoD. They are taking ownership of THEIR game. If this game were run by the majority of it's fans, it wouldn't be even a glimmer of what it is now. It would be awful.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2014-04-30 at 10:00 PM.

Alliance gets the civilized draenei temple and horde gets the savage ogre mound.

I think Bladespire is taller than Karabor though.

I believe that the Horde should've taken Thunderlord Stronghold, but Bladespire is cool too I guess.

How can you judge size based on the 2D image on a map? We'll be fine, I doubt many people want the main cities to be exactly the same as they were in MoP.

The Alliance build grand structures and beautiful cities.

The horde build mud huts and live in ruins.

It's been that way since WoW began

- - - Updated - - -

This is an issue made much larger by Blizzard by pushing the faction war. It kills any hope or true parity without utterly destroying the storyline