• Yes, remove LFR

256 35.31%
  • No, keep it

433 59.72%
  • Undecided

36 4.97%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keep LFR. Wow no longer needs a social community and it hasn't for awhile, and that's not because of LFR. It started in Wrath when they introduced dungeon finder. It was continued in cata when they removed the group quests and made quest mobs impossible to die from. LFR was the next logical step, and I'm glad they made it. Nothing wrong with giving people choices. I loved traditional raiding, but it has become too much of a time sink, and a year later everyone ends up with the damn mounts anyway from zerging. What I don't get is people being upset over LFR. You don't like it, continue with traditional raiding. If that's hard for you, become a more likeable player. If you still want to be a dbag, become a guild master and a raid leader and surround yourself with sycophants. Argent Dawn Alliance side would love you.
    Last edited by genxwower; 2014-05-02 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think after a few tiers of LFR not giving good loot in WoD they will slowly phase it out.
    Nope. I, for one, will continue to use LFR as a stepping stone to Normal.

LFR in MoP was trying to serve two functions, and not serving either all that well. In WoD, it will more purely serve one function (being truly easy content without progression), and will likely be a better experience for it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I would rather have them make HC Dungeons drop better gear than LFR and also implent new 5mans with each raid patch that has up to date gear

If they did this i wouldnt complain anymore at least.
    Oh yeah. Dungeons are so much more interesting than raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Oh yeah. Dungeons are so much more interesting than raids.
    In and of themselves, they are about the same.

Dungeons don't have all the overhead of raiding, which makes dungeons both more accessible and fun. it's highly unlikely you'll ever have to put up with "that guy" to do a 5 man. 10 man, maybe you get lucky, 25 man forget it - there will be one person who drives you batshit and who you put up with on sufferance.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't even tell if this post is serious, but I'll treat it as if it is. You aren't forced to do it, by anyone but yourselves. It's not a legitimate reason to remove something just because some players are obsessive compulsive, and don't think they can function without min/maxing.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I am not against lfr.. I am against tier sets and op trinkets, which are better than any other HC trinket.
    Some people are still hunting those things down!

Separate tiers.. lfr and normal+, don't let those pieces work together..
    Same with trinkets - make them less attractive for normal+ raiding.
    That way i couldn't care less.
    ---

And.. of course i am the one forcing myself..
    But some people just work that way - we min/max.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    It is funny when someone claims to be a hardcore raider and complaining about having to do LFR in the same paragraph.
    If you are hardcore you don't have anything to do in LFR, at all, just nothing.
    If you actually need stuff in LFR you are not hardcore, stop trying to act like it and get over yourself.
    Not anymore.. but i used to run lfr for months! not just once or twice.. RNG mate..
    4set and trinket too strong.. (Assurance of Consequence)..
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    He meant it was the end game in that that is all the players do at the "end" of their game. Stop trying to attach emotion to things. It's the absolute truth that for most people who reach level cap, LFR is their endgame, and likely will still be in WoD until the community magically becomes nicer and is willing to accept people who aren't already doing, or have already done the content the people want to do, or it becomes feasible to do content unguilded, with strangers, without a queue, for the first time. All of that is probably never going to happen.

You may hate the whole idea of that, but that's the reality of things.
    Don't forget about raid finder tool which will be introduced in WoD.
    There will be thousands of people who will use it - instant normal(flex)/heroic(normal).
    Hundreds of "unaccepted" people, who could raid together - accept each other.

Right now there is no such tool ingame - you have to use openraid or something.. but it will be there.. in WoD.

More endgame possibilities.
    Right now it maybe sound complicated, using openraid.. but with blizzards raid finder - all problems solved!
    Blizzard will give you tools to avoid "lfr endgame": if you won't use them - your loss.
    ---

I am not against LFR: like i said before - i use it and will continue to use it.. for my alts..

Agree, i can turn sound on maximum and leave PC.. or check other things on internet while waiting.
    But ONLY if i choose to do so.. if min/maxing forces, i am against it.

I don't care if its once or twice.. but not for months with terrible luck.. some people are still farming them!

Op trinkets and tier sets had to go! or bonuses get separated from normal+! No other way around..
    Otherwise hc raiders will always be forced to grind lfr: we do EVERYTHING to get best possible results!
    Even race change..
    Sometimes even whole guilds change factions.. BECAUSE of min/maxing..
    Last edited by Paladzins; 2014-05-02 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Right now there is no such tool ingame - you have to use openraid or something.. but it will be there.. in WoD.
    Yes there is, if you take the 5 seconds required to read patch notes, you hit the O button and then go to other raids.
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The lack of organisational requirements is fantastic for players who can't commit to organised content.
    Flex requires organisation, so is no "replacement" or superior form of LFR.
    Most of the bashing of LFR comes from the arrogant jerks who can't accept that they aren't the sole audience of blzzard's attentions, so bash content which offered inferior gear at an inferior difficulty level compared to their beloved heroic, which OH WAIT, was exactly what flex and normal do.
    LFR is doing that exactly the same an normal and flex, offering a portion of the raid experience, and offering inferior gear as a result.

The problem with LFR is the ability for people who shouldn't be there to run it for extra gear.
    They should have been doing one or the other, not both.

Blizzard have listened too much to the elitist jerks constantly yelling and are now catering to their demands.
    No... LFR is fine but it rewards too much powerful gear for such little organization, little effort, low dps and so on and on. Almost all of my experiences in that place have been awful.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

It's funny how similar to RL social conservatives some gamers are.

IRL, they claim that homosexuality somehow negatively affects them. In WoW, they claim LFR somehow negatively affects them.

Both claims are bogus.

The people who want it removed want the game returned to an elitist paradise. These are the people who have not figured out that being elite (the best at something) is not the same as being an elitist (who believe they deserve special recognition and rewards based on a percieved superiority) and that being an elitist has never been used as a compliment. "Oh him? He's great, he's a real elitist.", said no one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you remove LFR all these people will just go into flex including the ones that don't care about enchants, jems, reforges, rotations, boss mechanics or your time. Flex will become wipe fests.
    Or alternately it could be worse. They will try to go to flex, they won't find groups, they won't have LFR and after a while they will leave. Raiding becomes a much smaller thing and consequences for that would be forthcoming next expansion.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    LFR in MoP was trying to serve two functions, and not serving either all that well. In WoD, it will more purely serve one function (being truly easy content without progression), and will likely be a better experience for it.
    For once I actually agree with you.

Also, people have always wanted to "see the content". WoD changes to LFR do not alter that functionality of LFR.

Or alternately it could be worse. They will try to go to flex, they won't find groups, they won't have LFR and after a while they will leave. Raiding becomes a much smaller thing and consequences for that would be forthcoming next expansion.
    Where in the laws of nature does it say that everyone has to raid? Raiding is an activity, bound by certain rules and guidelines. It also has a difficulty which makes it interesting. Now, there are 4 different difficulty settings. If you can't commit to serious raiding, there's LFR for you to hur dur "see the content". If you can't even do that, well, I'd say MMOs aren't for you.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-05-02 at 08:38 PM.

"so you would be ok if they just fixed the trinkets. And made bonuses only work on matching tier. Sounds good to me." suggested by dalles.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4898313?page=6

what i think she means by match tier is, to get the set bonus you would have to wear 2(or 4) of the same type like you only get the set bonus if you equip all normal version or heroic, etc.
    mix matching would not give you the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    It's funny how similar to RL social conservatives some gamers are.

IRL, they claim that homosexuality somehow negatively affects them. In WoW, they claim LFR somehow negatively affects them.

Both claims are bogus.
    Let's not derail the thread with real life comparisons. Thanks. Fair warning to all.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    "so you would be ok if they just fixed the trinkets. And made bonuses only work on matching tier. Sounds good to me." suggested by dalles.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4898313?page=6

what i think she means by match tier is, to get the set bonus you would have to wear 2(or 4) of the same type like you only get the set bonus if you equip all normal version or heroic, etc.
    mix matching would not give you the set bonus.
    This would be a much better move than just removing tier gear from LFR. It would be a smart compromise, but instead Blizzard just takes the easy solution and just removes the tier gear.

2 Normal tier pieces + 2 LFR tier pieces = 1x Normal 2 piece tier bonus and 0x LFR 2 piece tier bonus (Just make it the higher level tier piece bonus that activates. That way players don't end up having 2x 2 set tier bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    If two players have the exact same deck and the exact same level of skill, luck will decide the victor.
    If two players have the exact same deck and the exact same level of luck, skill will decide the victor.
    If two players have the exact same luck and the exact same level of skill, the deck will decide the victor.

I truly think the feature needs to go. It's my opinion that it has ruined the WoW community in more ways than one.

Why? Leave it be. LFR is worthless, and have done a lot of damage to the community, but it's too late to change anything, unless making it an exact "tourist mode" it was originally intended. Which is exactly what Blizzard do in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why? Leave it be. LFR is worthless, and have done a lot of damage to the community, but it's too late to change anything, unless making it an exact "tourist mode" it was originally intended. Which is exactly what Blizzard do in WoD.
    your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    your opinion.
    whats your opinion on LFR??
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    whats your opinion on LFR??
    people should know it by now. i have been having to defend it a lot lately.