Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Flex literally does everything LFR does but better.
    except the matchmaking that does not force people with not much time to spend 45 minute having to discuss with pretentious raid leader "525 or gtfo", "achievement or gtfo", "first time in here? gtfo"

The LFR will go away when the playerbase will be better and it won't take 1 hour to find a group

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Or alternately it could be worse. They will try to go to flex, they won't find groups, they won't have LFR and after a while they will leave. Raiding becomes a much smaller thing and consequences for that would be forthcoming next expansion.
    The devs are taking a chance, as they often have to do. The issue they are addressing is that casual guilds became almost completely pointless in MoP. You didn't need anyone else in them to do anything aimed at casual players. Casuals could do LFR, unrated PvP, and heroic 5 mans with just the automatic grouping functions.

In WoD, heroic 5 mans will be harder, and players are being gently prodded to move on to Flex raids. Both of these will help give casual guilds more of a reason to exist.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yes, they are gutting it anyway, they just need to scrap lfr and put equivalent gear into a couple of 5 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, keep it. It provides a use, they should just make it so flex/normal/heroic raiders don't have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    No... LFR is fine but it rewards too much powerful gear for such little organization, little effort, low dps and so on and on. Almost all of my experiences in that place have been awful.
    The gear is inferior, that is all that matters, and is perfectly fine for any format pre-heroic.
    Their gear is offering much of what the heroic gear does, only being a "bit smaller" with each difficulty you go down.

The reason for the experiences there are down to the people in it.
    People afk'ing because they don't need to be there, but feel it is necessary.
    If it was so "simple" as people make it out to be, why do groups fail so much.
    The difficulty argument is obviously a load of rubbish.

Remove the ability for it to be another gearing route, and that will solve the problem.
    Raiders who consider themselves "real" will have no need to enter that format most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Remove the ability for it to be another gearing route, and that will solve the problem.
    Raiders who consider themselves "real" will have no need to enter that format most of the time.
    Which is being addressed in WoD but we'll see how it works out.

I wish mods would just start deleting these threads. This comes up over and over.

just going to put this here.

"so you would be ok if they just fixed the trinkets. And made bonuses only work on matching tier. Sounds good to me." suggested by dalles.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4898313?page=6

what i think she means by match tier is, to get the set bonus you would have to wear 2(or 4) of the same type like you only get the set bonus if you equip all normal version or heroic, etc.
    mix matching would not give you the set bonus

"
    - Make Tier art assets, in a recolored fashion, available in LFR
    - Made the LFR tier pieces not provide bonuses if matched with Normal/Heroic/Mythic pieces.
    - Made the LFR tier bonuses less powerful with higher ICDs and reduced procs." from berith
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3548389?page=2
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking away features they've introduced? No, removing more shit will just get you less buyers, already not buying it for "no flying mounts". Biggest bullshit ever, introducing a feature, then having you wait and keep paying to "upgrade your skill" with it to keep using it. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I would donate money out of my own pocket to Blizzard if they completely removed LFR.
    Why? It's like flying, if you don't like it, don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I'm sure it had to be mentioned somewhere by now...
    But does no one remember like..heroic dungeons? I mean come on if you take put lfr just make heroic dungeons hard, like actually hard, and make them drop lfr equivalent gear....seems simple>.>
    You and a lot of others are focused on gearing, but LFR lets people see that part of the story told in the raid instance. As long as the gear that drops in LFR isn't important for organized raiders to have I don't see why anyone whines about LFR existing.

Before when people would say "hey, don't like LFR, don't run it" the very reasonable comeback was "but look, my tier bonuses are powerful and if I don't run LFR for them I'm kind of letting my regular raid down" or "The trinket, even the LFR version, that drops from $BOSS is way too good to pass up, it's even better than the heroic version of my trinket from the tier before." If that gear goes away, so do those reasons and we really can say "Hey, if you don't like LFR... don't run it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Very well then, I will give my thoughts on it. Now that I have taken a step back and looked at it from WoD's perspective, they may have actually have solved a ton of problems around it.

First, yes I think we should def. remove LFR because it is a hostile environment to play in. ...

But right now, LFR is just a mess. Very few can even argue against it.
    So... don't play in it. But I fail to see why the you should have any say whatsoever in what other people do with their time in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the planned changes happen, they might as well just remove LFR. If it stays more like it is now, keep it.
    Flex is going to take it's place with the proposed changes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    If the planned changes happen, they might as well just remove LFR. If it stays more like it is now, keep it.
    Flex is going to take it's place with the proposed changes for sure.
    i doubt it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

LOL

The poll and this thread really show one thing.

Every single whinger that thinks they are superior because they can play longer post that it should be removed giving the thread a disproportinate slant.

The reality is that those whingers are the vocal MINORITY.

Its time those tears dried up and you guys STFU and stop telling other people how they should play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    LOL

The poll and this thread really show one thing.

Every single whinger that thinks they are superior because they can play longer post that it should be removed giving the thread a disproportinate slant.

The reality is that those whingers are the vocal MINORITY.

Its time those tears dried up and you guys STFU and stop telling other people how they should play the game.
    This argument is so old. Stop telling us how to play with your instant gratification welfare gear. Go play call of duty if you don't have time thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    This argument is so old. Stop telling us how to play with your instant gratification welfare gear. Go play call of duty if you don't have time thanks.
    I have time, its just life is more important than 2 to 3 hours a night playing wow.

Dont start with the i am better than the majority of players that do LFR just because i have more time.

Its a lie

Deleted
    Remove flying.
    Remove abilities.
    Remove high numbers.
    Remove Reforging.
    Remove LFR.
    Remove Group Finder.
    Remove Dungeon Finder.
    Remove Flight Points.
    Remove BG Queues.
    Remove Mounts.
    Remove Guild Banks.
    Remove Dual Spec.
    Remove Xmog.
    Remove trade chat.
    Remove Tooltips.
    Remove Viewable Stats.
    Remove Add-ons.
    Remove Garrisons.
    Remove New models.
    Remove 95% of the current playerbase.
    Remove subs/Blizz's profit.
    Remove 99% of new additions since WoW first launched.

??????

PROFIT.
    Last edited by mmoc12ebfdbb38; 2014-05-03 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i hope to see happen in WoD, even in the first tier, is blizzard sees people are not running LFR at all, because of there no longer being a tier set, nobody will care to run them, even with there bloated delusion that people who ran LFR for tier sets will want to run Flex for them.

Flex raids are hard to come by on certain servers, LFR was the only method people had to getting nice looking tier sets. And blizzard here as just given the middle finger to those players and once again catered to the 1%.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    What i hope to see happen in WoD, even in the first tier, is blizzard sees people are not running LFR at all, because of there no longer being a tier set, nobody will care to run them, even with there bloated delusion that people who ran LFR for tier sets will want to run Flex for them.

Flex raids are hard to come by on certain servers, LFR was the only method people had to getting nice looking tier sets. And blizzard here as just given the middle finger to those players and once again catered to the 1%.
    Your mistake is thinking that most people who run LFR run it for the tier sets. I doubt that. Most people run it for upgrades (which they'll still get), for something to do, and the first time or two, to see the story and experience the fights.

Deleted
    I do not want them to remove it. I like to be able to clear relevant content without having to put in too much effort. It is a good raid mode for people that does not have time to real raiding.