Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Between lfr and hc instance that need proving grounds to be able to que, i'd choose the 5 man anyday
    Yeah to have silver PG's will hopefully sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That was also one of the reasons why poaching guild members, namely ones in a crucial role such as a Warrior Tank or Resto Shaman, were common. The catch-up mechanics back in TBC weren't as good as how they are today, either. It's not a pretty sight to be almost ready to transition from 10 to 25 mans, only to have a tank get poached by another guild.
    Trasmogrification and Pet Battles will probably be next on the chopping block, because they forced themselves to agree with the ridiculous claims that those (either one or both) #CostUsARaidTier.
    Yeah that was the problem back then for sure, and at the time I did get to see all of Kara, all of Mags Lair and Gruuls due to our guild pugging with another guild and only got to see 4 bosses in ZA before WoTLK hit and our guild fell apart as people left for other things.. They better not remove mogging that would piss off a lot and I mean a lot of people same with pets battling there are a lot that do just that..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah to have silver PG's will hopefully sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak..
    Wonder if the afk for loot elitest will still be in those 5mans, and if there will be sites that boost PGs so the chaff will be able to play aswell

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    With Blizz taking some radical steps in WoD such as removing flying from Draenor, for one patch minimum that is, I'm wondering whats your stance on this?

With this new flexible mode there should be no more excuses on inability to find raid members, and it's even easier than normal mode so that argument goes out of window aswell. I would support that move, just as I support no flying. I think LFR is just one step too far in removing the need to socialize alltogether in an mmo.

So, what's your stance on this?
    removing lfr will not help anyone in the game. If you do't like it don't run lfr. easy as that. Who the hell are you to say someone else may not do lfr just because you don't like it? Get over yourself -.-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the afk for loot elitest will still be in those 5mans, and if there will be sites that boost PGs so the chaff will be able to play aswell
    Who knows hopefully not but ya never know and when it comes to afkers in 5 mans I try very hard to get them VKed from the grp..

Deleted
    Well during TBC the heroic mode of all the dungeons did drop epic level gear..
    very rare epic lvl crap gear.

sure, they'll remove the only way a large chunk of the player base sees a large chunk of the content... to prevent a bunch of players who don't want to run LFR from running LFR
    Last edited by twelvedogs; 2014-05-06 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    remove it for the good of the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The real outcry will be if WoD's legendary quest chain requires Normal or above.
    Have legendary quest chains been confirmed for WoD? I think that system has been absolutely horrid in this expansion. Basically put up a several month long barrier for new characters to get into raiding. Been super alt unfriendly and new player unfriendly. Hopefully they will get rid of that system.

But yeah, I have not really heard anything yay or nay about it. Have the blues stated anything about what is to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Have legendary quest chains been confirmed for WoD? I think that system has been absolutely horrid in this expansion. Basically put up a several month long barrier for new characters to get into raiding. Been super alt unfriendly and new player unfriendly. Hopefully they will get rid of that system.

But yeah, I have not really heard anything yay or nay about it. Have the blues stated anything about what is to come?
    They said they liked how it was like in mop but they are thinking of allowing alts to skip the grind. Can't find tweet

Ok it was in the interviews

Legendary Quest

The pacing of the legendary reward in Patch 5.2 worked out well, as Throne of Thunder was cleared before people got their legendary meta gems. The gem worked as a nice boost for guilds that were partially through the tier.
    In Patch 5.4, players got the legendary on day 1, which didn't work out as well. A delay of a few weeks would work better.
    Having to redo the grinding parts of the legendary quest chain again on alts also wasn't great, so in the future this would be something that you can skip on alts.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-05-06 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    5 mans are not designed around AFKing as LFR is. It is also far more engaging than LFR so there is no reason to afk in 5 mans. That said, people always go AFK sometimes in all content for IRL reasons. If that is a problem to the group a new function was implemented back in Cataclysm that allowed you to vote kick people from a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    They said they liked how it was like in mop but they are thinking of allowing alts to skip the grind. Can't find tweet
    Okay, well that still sounds terrible for new players. Especially when the quests are so arbitrary. It is not like there is any difficulty involved in it, it is just a silly grind standing as an artificial time lock.

Perhaps if they removed all the grind portions it would be okay. I think every part of the chain should be able to be completed within a week if you wanted to and should not be based on weekly lockouts. Clearing the raid once and farming something out in the open world would probably be better solutions and in that case it could be an okay design.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Okay, well that still sounds terrible for new players. Especially when the quests are so arbitrary. It is not like there is any difficulty involved in it, it is just a silly grind standing as an artificial time lock.

Perhaps if they removed all the grind portions it would be okay. I think every part of the chain should be able to be completed within a week if you wanted to and should not be based on weekly lockouts. Clearing the raid once and farming something out in the open world would probably be better solutions and in that case it could be an okay design.
    I would totally be fine with the design as long as I can skip everything to the newest raid with the alt. Grinding main is tolerable (although it is braindead dumb grind I agree), doing it in every char is nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    I'm glad there are plenty of older content to do before logging off if it's going to be like planned in WOD, wonder if it will even be worth installing for anything but garrison. Farm the content one can do in expansion after WOD or after it's a year~ old. I am not spending average 10 seconds to kill a mob when I could spend 0.5 seconds, but no if I have to dedicate to raiding to play efficiently.

The vast majority of LFR people are there for the gear, not to see the content. If seeing the content was even close to true a spectator mode would be a much better choice. The quality of the gear are already questionable low. Tier bonus give the little edge to make it attractive, apart from getting weapons.
    The quality of gear feels appropriate for the difficulty and accessibility. I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that significantly more loot will drop in LFR, because that's a pretty great change. For players that never wanted to progress further than LFR, this change should change very little for them, if anything at all.

For players who felt quarantined to LFR because they had shit RNG but wanted to head into normal modes/flex, it's a godsend. Save for after flex came, this expansion was easily the one I did the least amount of pugging in, and not because I didn't want to. You shouldn't have to run LFR if you don't want to. More avenues to get gear and faster gear progression at lower difficulty levels is a great change.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Finder is an important system and the only way many people can experience our raid content. It's here to stay.
    Well, luckily, it seems like Blizzard does not share the opinion of some people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Finder is an important system and the only way many people can experience our raid content. It's here to stay.
    Well, luckily, it seems like Blizzard does not share the opinion of some people here.
    We all know LFR isen't gettin removed, so i dont really understand the point of these threads xD
    Are they just so people can rage that all people get too see their snowflake content?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

Ok it was in the interviews

Legendary Quest

The pacing of the legendary reward in Patch 5.2 worked out well, as Throne of Thunder was cleared before people got their legendary meta gems. The gem worked as a nice boost for guilds that were partially through the tier.
    In Patch 5.4, players got the legendary on day 1, which didn't work out as well. A delay of a few weeks would work better.
    Having to redo the grinding parts of the legendary quest chain again on alts also wasn't great, so in the future this would be something that you can skip on alts.
    I have to admit, this is the happiest I've been with some of the design decision Blizzard has made in probably the last 4 years or so.

We all know LFR isen't gettin removed, so i dont really understand the point of these threads xD
    Are they just so people can rage that all people get too see their snowflake content?
    Yes, that's pretty much it.

I dont hate the idea of LFR but to make this game a better environment for us players Id have to say remove it. Only then will this game actually have real players again I see LFR toxic for the community for it just prevents communication and interaction it just makes people mad and flame other people thats what I dont like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZM View Post
    I dont hate LFR but to make this game a better environment for us players Id have to say remove it. Only then will this game actually have real players again I see LFR toxic for the community for it just prevents communication and interaction it just makes people mad and flame other people thats why I dont like it.
    Wouldnt it be better to remove the trolls and elitists from LFR instead of LFR from the game?

- anybody who trips special LFR mature language filter* in /p /ra /i /s or /y gets a warning, for second offense muted for the rest of instance
    - for an afk during bossfight you get a warning... automatic kick and dungeon deserter debuff for 24 hours for second offense
    - if non-tank pulls when whole raid is not alive and present you get a warning... 48h dungeon deserter for 2nd offense (tanks get 2 warnings)

* includes also derogatory remarks of somebody's gear or play skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep LFR. Only because you don't like it doesn't mean that you should be making that decision for others who like doing LFR.

If anything, people need to be kicked in the shins for displaying an obvious lack of good manners when they get thrown together with a bunch of strangers. "I'll never see them again, so I can behave like my parents haven't taught me anything!" is an all too common sentiment these days, and I hate it. People can be so nice and helpful and lovely... but they seem to go out of their way to spite each other and make other people's in-game lives harder whenever they can.

Can't we all just be nice and not try and remove features that we deem unnecessary?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to answer solely based on my own opinion and interests? Remove it. Purge it from the game. Burn it to the ground!

But if I were to answer in a less egotistical manner: Sure keep it. Just not in its current form. WoD is at least a step up.