Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    You mean when a Lava Burst took half a health bar?

    The same could be said about Enh, ever since it became viable in arena its primary objective was zerging someone down as fast as possible in the timewindow of CDs. Back then it was wolves and now its Ascendance.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q5pb-fEQhs
    And the fact that Earthbind root had no DR, a 10.5Sec CD and you could just sit in GW to kite any Melee Cleave teams.

    Having an Elemental vs TSG was basically free win, which is rather ironic because Warrior and Death knight usually owned Elemental quite hard in 1v1.

    But in the end, does it matter why a spec was strong?

    I mean as Elemental i always saw my main strength in PvP to burst down people quickly.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-05-08 at 05:18 PM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think you are speaking Cata only.

    Because in Wotlk Elemental was quite strong in PvP.
    Yeah mainly because of bloodlust.

    Elemental is only good if you can free cast, and against a good melee cleave (Or any good player for that matter) it was very difficult most of the time. Elemental has and always will be bait in arena. We don't have the tools to keep melee off like other casters do (and keep up the damage... kiting in ghost wolf didn't do much good since you were 1)silenced 2) by the time you got away they would be right back in your face after your first cast). It's not to say they didn't bring good utility though with grounding, Earthbind, TS and Shear but that's really all you can do if you were being trained is shake people off and run.. not very fun gameplay if you ask me.

    Like I said though I don't speak for this Xpac as I haven't played it.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Yeah mainly because of bloodlust.
    No, because of Lvb hitting like a freaking truck, 5Second Shock CD & Grounding with 13 Second CD.

    Good Elemental Shaman outplayed any Caster cleaves by themself because they could easily interrupt any shit, grounding any bad combos and because they were focus target #1, just hug the pillar with Earthbind and GW.

    Also, you countered Melee Cleaves really bad, which was mostly TSG, if they focus the Elemental, he just sits in GW, drops Earthbind for 5sec Root without DR on a 10.5Sec CD, and keeps interrupting your Pally.

    If they did not focus the Elemental he just blew the face off your Dk after AMS, while fucking up your healer.

    If Elemental has the ability to really burst down people, his Toolkit works fine, if he doesn't have that, his Toolkits sucks.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  4. #104
    Pretty horrible idea from Blizzard.

    1. This is useless if we choose one of our talents because it will always be on cooldown.

    2. Ghost Wolf is already a 30% run speed buff.

    3. We still have a lack of anything to cast while moving without lightning bolt. I guess we are supposed to hope we are at high stacks of fulmination or we get a lava surge proc during this tiny "sprint" that isn't even faster than an ability we can shift into whenever we want.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

  5. #105
    Warchief Protoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Pretty horrible idea from Blizzard.

    1. This is useless if we choose one of our talents because it will always be on cooldown.

    2. Ghost Wolf is already a 30% run speed buff.

    3. We still have a lack of anything to cast while moving without lightning bolt. I guess we are supposed to hope we are at high stacks of fulmination or we get a lava surge proc during this tiny "sprint" that isn't even faster than an ability we can shift into whenever we want.
    Yea, it needs some work. I had this idea to let you cast while moving while the ULE buff is up, so you can sprint and cast at the same time and it wouldn't feel wasted if you use it on cd. Another idea was to add the "less effected by snares" effect to the sprint, so even if snared you will still atleast be moving at 100%.

    I would still like to see some overall improvements to GW since that will prob remain our go-to for kiting or closing gaps.

  6. #106
    Pretty bad "present", won't change anything. LB while moving wasn't even close to OP. I don't get it, why only elemental shamans lost their mobility when they said all casters would.

  7. #107
    i dont get, why our dmg spell should increase running speed... i think of a spell that alows you to jump forward same lenght as blink while in GW. jump will take 1 sec to perform and in case it would be too OP, GCD should start after landing, so you will have 1,5 sec till next cast.. its CD can be like 15 sec and is off GCD so you can go insta jump with wolf but you are unable to cast anything after that... i think its better than UE speed or anything else....

  8. #108
    The only thing i'm wondering about is; will it be enough to create some distance between us and melee? And/or will it give us the opportunity to get some decent casts off while using it...

    Also, i'm presuming Unleashed Fury won't really be a pvp talent pick? Since UE will be part of the rotation? You won't have the speed boost when you really need it...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Pretty bad "present", won't change anything. LB while moving wasn't even close to OP. I don't get it, why only elemental shamans lost their mobility when they said all casters would.
    mages lost one instant proc, SP already had shit mobility, hunters are "ranged melee" and healers got gutted with a lot of instants getting cast times, can't really say about boomkin or locks don't play or follow those, I think locks still have that talent but it's a talent and the worse dps option iirc

    overall all of this I consider pretty stupid pvp influenced changes that are going to hurt the game especially in a age where a lot of competitors go with "being able to cast everything" pressing buttons is fun, not being able to press buttons because you have to move isn't

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    The only thing i'm wondering about is; will it be enough to create some distance between us and melee? And/or will it give us the opportunity to get some decent casts off while using it...

    Also, i'm presuming Unleashed Fury won't really be a pvp talent pick? Since UE will be part of the rotation? You won't have the speed boost when you really need it...
    pve will have that problem. Using ur spell to buff ur dmg or wait and see if you need it to dodge something.....

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    pve will have that problem. Using ur spell to buff ur dmg or wait and see if you need it to dodge something.....
    Will Elemental be using Unleash on CD now? I haven't really been keeping up with Elemental changes...

    Currently it's not really something used unless you have the UF talent, correct? If that remains true then you'd probably just use UE to move, as in the absence of mobile LB, UE becomes the spell you cast when you're moving (which was what was done pre-Unleashed Lightning), so the speed boost just helps you get to where you need to be faster, especially if it stacks with Ghostwolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

    "Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

    "Okey dokey!"

  12. #112
    I think someone mentioned this before, but I would love a movement spell for Elementals that was a "ride the lightning" type ability. Where the shaman zapped to a location in the direction they're running. Sort of like blink but shows a traveling animation of arcing lightning. Perhaps even have a perk that when using it a small crackle of lightning is sent to a random target that you are currently in combat with. Obviously with a cooldown of some sort and maybe charges a la roll.

    Thematically that would work for me. But tuning/dps wise I don't think it would necessarily fix the problem completely.

  13. #113
    That would be super fun!
    Heck, base it off Shadow Priest's Dispersion, but it's a ball of lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

    "Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

    "Okey dokey!"

  14. #114
    Stood in the Fire Jesmam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockin' the inn of Valley of Wisdom
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by vykas View Post
    I think someone mentioned this before, but I would love a movement spell for Elementals that was a "ride the lightning" type ability. Where the shaman zapped to a location in the direction they're running. Sort of like blink but shows a traveling animation of arcing lightning. Perhaps even have a perk that when using it a small crackle of lightning is sent to a random target that you are currently in combat with. Obviously with a cooldown of some sort and maybe charges a la roll.

    Thematically that would work for me. But tuning/dps wise I don't think it would necessarily fix the problem completely.


    ^This was the first thing that came to mind, and I like the concept of the spell.
    90 Ele shammy: Skithiryx
    90 Combat Rogue: Mukiloija <- Alt

    Animelist

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    This was the first thing that came to mind, and I like the concept of the spell.
    That's pretty neat, makes it like a heroic leap type ability. Maybe a bit more complicated than one might like. But I dig it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •