10+ Year Old Account

GW2 50% off sale

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/....buyguildwars2

No official word on how long the sale will last but if you've been dying to try it out, here's your chance!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the official - sale is through May 11th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/save-50-percent-on-guildwars2-from-now-until-may11/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/....buyguildwars2

No official word on how long the sale will last but if you've been dying to try it out, here's your chance!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the official - sale is through May 11th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...w-until-may11/

would you say it is worth the $?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondjim View Post
    Well € 19.99 for me is cheap for any game. Specially a B2P mmo.

Been playing since beta a big yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Well € 19.99 for me is cheap for any game. Specially a B2P mmo.

Been playing since beta a big yes from me.
    whats that in dollars?

25$ as far as i know

Just bought GW2 last week, was sad to see it went on sale now. My Monies! And for this price, im suggesting it to everyone lol.

Yes. I had never touched GW 1 or 2, and with WoW becoming stale, needed something fresh. And boy was i satisfied. Aparently the recent patch made a lot of QoL changes, and had a surge of players return.

Just dont think of GW as being similar to WoW, it really isnt. Apples and Oranges. I used to agree with people who would say "omg gw2 is a wow clone, it wont be the wow-killer". In reality, its like comparing Starcraft and Halo, similarities yet still different. Its hard to explain, but my experience so far has been great. My most disappointing moment was probably when i was in my downed state (second chance when you "die") and another player just carried on with their day running straight past me, without even bothering to rez.

And PvP is amazing. ESO built their system based on this, and GW based theirs on Dark Age of Camelot, but it really is something different.

But its something that needs to be experienced yourself at the end of the day. Just dont have a closed, one mmo only mind like i did.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm still getting my money's worth out of gw1 even 8 years later, i'd say it's totally worth it to buy gw2.. especially considering they aren't planning any paid expansions like gw1 did

If you want an objective answer then Karizee really isn't the best person to ask.
    It's worth the money, sale price or not. Good artwork, good solo combat and reasonable music.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    ESO built their system based on this, and GW based theirs on Dark Age of Camelot, but it really is something different.
    ESO did not build their system based on GW2 WvW, in fact, devs of DAoC worked on ESO so its PvP is considered a "spiritual successor" to DAoC.

Just wanted to clear that up cause it was going to bug me. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Yeah I'd say it's worth it. I have played over 1600 hours (equals 66 days), and if I would look at every game I ever had + what I paid for it, GW2 has been the cheapest game I have ever played in my entire life. And I played a lot of games :') The only other game I have spend way too much time into was CoD MW1&2. That was like 7 days in total, but I paid around 100 euro for both games. Imagine how cheap this stuff is o-o;

Not to mention I love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Just bought GW2 last week, was sad to see it went on sale now. My Monies! And for this price, im suggesting it to everyone lol.
    You'd lose progress and it might mess something else up, but you could probably Return the current game and buy it again at reduced rate.

My most disappointing moment was probably when i was in my downed state (second chance when you "die") and another player just carried on with their day running straight past me, without even bothering to rez.
    Usually I'll make my way to a downed state and either rez or finish off their enemy. If you're Downed, make sure to have an enemy targeted so if they die you rally. If it's a dead dead person, sometimes I"ll make my way there, unless they're very near a waypoint. There's no repair costs now and it takes more time to make my way over there and a long rez than for them to just pop over to the waypoint. I'll still do it anyway sometimes.

In addition of course, sometimes I just am not paying attention to what's going on to know there might be someone dying off to the left. I've gotten angry whispers from folks a couple times for not helping them, which I didn't even notice until coming back from reading a site or something.

On the whole though, I've had a lot more folks rez me than I've ever seen pass me by.

I like the sales since more friends pick up the game. I hate the sales since more gold farmers pick up the game.