Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes, don't give me *He's new to this* excuse. I aint buyin it.
    He looked fairly new to it, what super-experience did he have prior to the movie?

He had to kill Zod.

I don't see a problem with Superman killing. It's not as if he's never done it before in any other continuity. Hell, killing Zod in particular is pretty much tradition at this point. That asshole pretty much always gets butchered when he shows up. I could link you a video showing some of the times Superman's killed in the comics, if it'll make you feel better.

That's the thing though at that point in the movie he was still fairly new to it all. The people who made the movie have even said regarding Superman in comparison to Batman "He is new to this whole hero thing whereas Batman has been at it for sometime." He had spent his entire life hiding what he could do, anytime that he had to use his powers he left the area and disappeared so as to not bring attention to himself or his abilities. So whether you want to accept it or not he was new to being and doing what he did. As per "use the phantom zone" that I see people bring up how? It was used to contain the ship with the rest of the kryptonians on it but, Zod wasn't on it unfortunately so what other choice did he have in that situation? He didn't have a 2 more phantom drives to open another portal/singularity. You could also see that he regretted what he had to do. He had the choice of sitting there and watching people die knowing he could have prevented it or he could prevent it. It shows that he has a human side and isn't just a cold blooded killer.
    Last edited by shadowfyre27; 2014-05-04 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Re-watched the movie lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    Snip
    Should have Baki Hanma'd (vs Shinogi Koushou movie) his ass.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why are they doing this so close to the heels of arguably the best superhero trilogy ever made? How could they even think that there could be a better batman than what Nolan and Bale put together?
    Excuse me? I gues u mean that ironic cause the bale triology is the worst ever (hell evene daredavil or schwarzeneger as mr. freeze where fucking better)
    After Ledger died
    He overdosed on drugs - he didnt die. but hey its okay he got an oscar for overdosing after doing a fucking terrible joker

Finally, how the hell would Batman ever beat Superman - and if he could, why would he?
    I gues your not into comic are you (otherwise you wouldnt claim Bales Batman to be any good)?
    Its easy to beat superman - hes just a guy with a lot of muscles but batman is the guy with the brain - and a stash of kryptonite - cause you know superman is just another alien on earth and you have to have a weapon against him - just in case.
    And in every fight Batman vs Superman the dark knight wins - cause you dont win with brute force and thats all the men of steel is after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I don't think killing Zod was a good idea and they should have just sucked them into the zone.
    THAT was the part of the movie where I loved hard - they are both from kryptonite fighting under a yellow sun wich means noone can break their bones but surly one can snap the others neck.... totally bs!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon Jakuzure View Post
    Tell that to Peter Parker in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. Granted, it isn't main continuity but he still got killed in his own comic.
    Sorry that doesnt count if you see how MANY Heores have died over the time and still come back: Superman, Flash, Wolverine, etc, etc

How does superman beat batman? This seems good...Also Spoiler if you haven't read injustice...

Comic Pane 1 - static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/3607448-6459368448-Super.jpg
    Comic Pane 2 - i.imgur.com/Od9Rw7g.jpg?1

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Excuse me? I gues u mean that ironic cause the bale triology is the worst ever (hell evene daredavil or schwarzeneger as mr. freeze where fucking better)
    He overdosed on drugs - he didnt die. but hey its okay he got an oscar for overdosing after doing a fucking terrible joker

I gues your not into comic are you (otherwise you wouldnt claim Bales Batman to be any good)?
    Its easy to beat superman - hes just a guy with a lot of muscles but batman is the guy with the brain - and a stash of kryptonite - cause you know superman is just another alien on earth and you have to have a weapon against him - just in case.
    And in every fight Batman vs Superman the dark knight wins - cause you dont win with brute force and thats all the men of steel is after all.

- - - Updated - - -

THAT was the part of the movie where I loved hard - they are both from kryptonite fighting under a yellow sun wich means noone can break their bones but surly one can snap the others neck.... totally bs!

Sorry that doesnt count if you see how MANY Heores have died over the time and still come back: Superman, Flash, Wolverine, etc, etc
    Pot, kettle, black.

Superman has never lost to Batman in canon. They either draw, or Superman wins. And like half their fights are when Superman is mind controlled, and through sheer willpower manages to hold himself back enough that Batman doesn't die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjySvkabZI

Joe says all that needs to be said.

Deleted

That and playing the Joker indirectly contributed to his death.

ultimate pete has been dead for years at this point he is NEVER coming back. marvel has said if they ever bring back ultimate peter parker that theyve run out of ideas. the "comic characters die all the time" line doesnt apply to ultimate petey

miles is spider-man now. hes also very popular, pretty much carrying the ultimate universe line.

hes even met the original 616 adult version of peter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    That and playing the Joker indirectly contributed to his death.
    no it didnt at all. he had the problem A LONG TIME before getting the part. if anything playing the joker EXTENDED his life.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Pot, kettle, black.

Superman has never lost to Batman in canon. They either draw, or Superman wins. And like half their fights are when Superman is mind controlled, and through sheer willpower manages to hold himself back enough that Batman doesn't die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjySvkabZI

Joe says all that needs to be said.
    Exactly. A free willed, rogue Superman could kill Batman a fucking dozen times over in the span of time it would take Batman to even REACH for his kryptonite.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you ok? Because you seem a touch upset. The Nolan trilogy was by far the best Batman series ever, hands down. You could put it up for the best superhero series of all time, as well.

Lol, not sure you understand what you're saying.

I guess you're not into quality acting, writing and directing. But that's ok, we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i swear, having batman on any level near someone like superman is just pure fan pandering bullshit.
    You are right, Batman is far beyond Superman but they have to pander to the superman fans.