Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Its intellectually dishonest to make an elephant out of a musquito and claim that the police is comming to get you.

The increasingly militarization of the police force is because everybody and their mother seems to have an automatic rifle at home and sees it as their right, ignorant about the fact that the free distribution of weapons allows criminal syndicates to engage in an arms race with the police.

It has nothing to do with 'the commies' trying to get you.
    everybody and their mother dont have fully automatic rifles at home. to claim such a thing is downright ignorance.

I don't see people jumping to rash conclusions at all in this thread. Thank god the topic was introduced in a fair and unbiased way. No doubt it will lead to a constructive discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    everybody and their mother dont have fully automatic rifles at home. to claim such a thing is downright ignorance.
    Exaggeration for the sake of argument, do you speak it? Way to ignore the point I was making

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So now we have a conspiracy here, where this 'power tripping dickhead' makes up a bunch of shit that 'a large number of local, appeals, and SC judges slurp up', right?

I guess everyone is stupid but you Satimy.

Let me guess, your daddy is a cop

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you are trusting a website that the link itself is bias. Go home son, go home.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Why are people trusting the website that is clearly distorting what the source says? Seriously. It just shouts dishonesty.

From the article:

From the court report:

That's not the same as "sitting up straight". When I drive, even when I've got my hands at 10-and-2, I'm not sitting stiffly with my arms locked.

From the article:

A later bit in the court report seems to point towards only the rear windows being tinted:

From the article:

From the court report:

Emphasis mine.

There's more in the court report that the article entirely leaves out, such as her general nervous demeanour (Which isn't grounds alone for suspicion, I'm sure most people get nervous around cops) but like the judges said, taken as a whole, it looks pretty suspicious and is reasonable suspicion.

Don't trust biased websites that are clearly changing what their sources are saying. If your case has any merit, you don't need to be dishonest to make it.
    That's not the same as "sitting up straight". When I drive, even when I've got my hands at 10-and-2, I'm not sitting stiffly with my arms locked.

because you can notice that level of detail driving past someone at 60 miles per hour, ok.

There's more in the court report that the article entirely leaves out, such as her general nervous demeanour (Which isn't grounds alone for suspicion, I'm sure most people get nervous around cops) but like the judges said, taken as a whole, it looks pretty suspicious and is reasonable suspicion.

wait so is being black suspicious then? Because apparently if you have acne without scars it means your just unlucky, but if you have scarring from your acne than apparently you are a drug trafficker. So maybe being black isn't suspicious, but if they are black and have tattoos you clearly have reasonable suspicion. See how I can just throw 2 irrelevant "clues together" and claim its reasonable suspicion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    OP you are trusting a website that the link itself is bias. Go home son, go home.
    Every source has bias

10+ Year Old Account
    Every source has bias
    Yeah...my butt.

You sourced a website called Policestateusa. That's totally going to convince folks here that you are trying to bring an intelligent debate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    First response cleared this right up, not much to discuss. Cheers, obdigore.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cannot rule that Driving with a stiff posture and having your hands at 10 & 2 is probable cause to pull you over.

This is stated in the New Jersey State Driving Manual as required behavior when driving.

Now if someone is speeding with out of state plates and so on and so on all while driving at 10 and 2 and super stiff, then sure. But not the posture alone.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2014-05-02 at 08:45 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Police can set up a check point and stop you for no reason. Are people not aware that police can pretty much pull over any driver they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Police can set up a check point and stop you for no reason. Are people not aware that police can pretty much pull over any driver they want?
    Not as far as I am aware. They need good cause otherwise it is harassment. If you are 100% driving legally with no reason for the officer to pull you over, you can complain to their department.

However, I'm not sure about when an officer puts up a DUI check or what have you. I think that has to be scheduled and documented. But I really couldn't tell you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I can just see the next case

Officer Dumbfuck "We noticed the driver was wearing their seatbelt and began to pursue as this indicated that the driver might have something to hide. After we put a gun to the persons head they pissed themselves, which is a typical indicator of drug use. We also noticed a Rage Against the Machine cd, which to us indicated a potential terrorist connection."

Dumbfuck Judge "While neither listening to Rage Against the Machine nor driving with a seatbelt on is a crime, when 2 or more seemingly normal everyday conditions are met it clearly could be signs of drug trafficking".