WoD Holy DPS idea

Seeing as Prot Warriors are getting a stance to DPS as prot and the idea has been around to let Warlocks tank, I can see Blood Tanks etc getting a way to dps. Well the idea of Holy or Disc getting to be a DPS or well "Smite Priest" as it was called in the way back when days of min maxxing talent trees for Hybrid spec to allow priests do function and DPS well as smite priests. It was a fun spec, it was something people loved and people still try to do. So seeing Chakra: Chastise and what it does I kinda got an idea for the spec to be a reality, at least for Holy priests at this moment.

Glyph of the Inquisitor: Increase all damage you deal by 50% but reduces all healing you do by 50%, in addition your Echo of Light now instead deals a % of your direct damage as a dot for 6 seconds.

That is the idea of it, you guys can probably tune it better then me but it would be like: Oh I want to DPS as holy so I put this glyph on to do it. Its like how players get an option to pick a talent to dps as prot lol

Now the issue that this causes is you now have useless lvl 100 talents. Either way to see some form of a Holy DPS caster class would be nice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. It's a way to experiment with Holy DPS that could be turned into a spec in a future expansion.

Maybe also add a Glyph of Reckoning: Your Cascade, Divine Star and Halo spells now do Holy damage instead of healing.

They really have to provide such options as the Light should a present more offensive role in the class.

Check out a similar thread I made for Disc Dps, based on the same hypothesis ( Prot Warr Dps) :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-option-in-WoD

Yea :/ its just I love the idea of smiting things, like I smite you, the light burns you away etc I just cant understand why people feel the power of the divine should be so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leolis View Post
    Yea :/ its just I love the idea of smiting things, like I smite you, the light burns you away etc I just cant understand why people feel the power of the divine should be so weak.
    Chastise DPS is already stronger (if you stick wholly to it) than Disc DPS. It's just that Disc gets to heal while DPSing.

Holy Priests really don't need their healing nerfed to control their DPS at the moment. :-P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Chastise DPS is already stronger (if you stick wholly to it) than Disc DPS. It's just that Disc gets to heal while DPSing.

Holy Priests really don't need their healing nerfed to control their DPS at the moment. :-P
    I don't know why people keep saying Holy Priests do more dps in red chakra compared to a Disc Priest with atonement.

This only applies to multi target damage, they have pretty much close to the same single target dps.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying Holy Priests do more dps in red chakra compared to a Disc Priest with atonement.

This only applies to multi target damage, they have pretty much close to the same single target dps.
    Because they literally do 50% more damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Leolis View Post
    It was a fun spec,
    Fun because it was a good spec or fun because it was OP?

Smite Priest is like a 3 button "spec". If they want it to somehow be a full DPS spec a la Glad Stance, they'd need to alter quite a few abilities to make it sufficiently complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Because they literally do 50% more damage.
    But Dics has penance, HW:C is just a joke on the contrary. Their damage output are pretty close in single target fight currently(MOP).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a Holy DPS option. People always say "Go Shadow if you want to DPS as a Priest", but maybe I don't want to be evil/look evil to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I'd love a Holy DPS option.
    I want a Holy DPS option as well because of the diversity. Additionally, I would love to have a Yin/Yang ( Light/Dark) feeling in my DPS arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZen View Post
    But Dics has penance, HW:C is just a joke on the contrary. Their damage output are pretty close in single target fight currently(MOP).
    Well, what's the point of the discussion if you're just gonna flat out deny the truth. If you see a disc priest outdpsing a chastise priest in a raid, it's not because holy does less damage. It's because the holy one's likely geared for mastery, and the disc one is for crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by AaronZen View Post
    Keep in mind that with Chastise you can keep rolling a +50% stronger SWP with near 100% uptime, while only gearing for max crit/haste. That's huge, since Chastise SWP is nearly as strong/stronger than a Shadow's SWP, it more than makes up for Penance dps (especially when you can multidot).

A Disc in crit/haste gear on the other hand would soon oom in a longer fight if they tried to roll SWP ontop of their standard rotation.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget 50% increased Mindbender/Shadowfiend and Halo/DS (until 6.0).

I was doing holy dps in a couple of fights during heart of fear and it was a terrible experience. I felt like a lvl20 with 5 buttons to smash. I would love SWP and SWD to transform into a more holy spell and somehow smite or SWP ticks enabling SWD to proc and be used above 20%. Other than that perhaps PoM could transform into some sort of Chi Wave bouncing between friendly and enemy targets and lightwell being some sort of rune of power that gives your smite a chance to multistrike when you're within 10y of it. #justrandomideas

Holy Dps suggestion: Turn Holy Mastery into a Fire Mage - like mastery where we apply dots with our offensive holy spells rather than hots with our heals.