Deleted

5 man arena team cells in RBG

So usually you have 2-3 groups, group1 LM, group2, BS, group3 farm, or group 1 defend flag, group 2 get flag, something along those lines. My thesis is that, a RBG team that consists of 2 or 3x 5 man arena teams, could beat any RBG team without players being so accustomed to another.

So in example: If 5 people defend farm, and 5 who all are in the same arena team attack, the attackers will win the fight.

Has anyone tested this to a certain extend?

Deleted
    This will work fine many times, but against good teams with good rotation. They will take 3-4bases very fast against you if they notice your plan.
    In flag capture, we do something in those line, I lead the team that def the flag, we help in attack but when they take our flag around 4-5players go to kill the flag carrier. We go with 1 healer + 1 rogue

My experience is it's 2 or 3 3's Teams that walk around. IE... yesterday we called, WMD go mine, Hunter Defend Stab, everyone else Blacksmith.

I can understand what you're saying... players that are familiar with each other should defeat others that aren't. But usually at higher levels of play, and in BGs where mistakes are more forgiving, people know how to play and compliment other classes already. That and you really don't have, say a 1 million HP guardian druid in arena spinning flags...
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    My experience is it's 2 or 3 3's Teams that walk around. IE... yesterday we called, WMD go mine, Hunter Defend Stab, everyone else Blacksmith.

I can understand what you're saying... players that are familiar with each other should defeat others that aren't. But usually at higher levels of play, and in BGs where mistakes are more forgiving, people know how to play and compliment other classes already. That and you really don't have, say a 1 million HP guardian druid in arena spinning flags...
    That druid is me :P Like how all them people in randoms go: "Omg why u tank, so useless".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im sure it could work in some scenarios but not all the time. against trade chat pugs im sure you would see quite a bit of success with 5 man arena teams rolling together, however if you were to play against a full 10 or 15 player team and the arena teams werent in contact with one another i think it would be rather difficult, this is all assuming that players are of similar skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    That druid is me :P Like how all them people in randoms go: "Omg why u tank, so useless".
    Me too... <3 my scumbag Guardian.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Problem being that if you're 5 at each node (for instance), and then the enemy team decides to push with 8 for 1 base then they'll get stomped. If you pull 3 from A to help B then you've no longer got your good 'arena team synergy'.

In terms of "Would a 5man Arena team beat a random group of 5 people at a node in an RBG?" the answer is yes, but in terms of rotations / pushes etc it is far better to have an adaptable group of people who can fit into any mini group and perform well.