Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The lfr loot table

"The devs think that these changes will be enough to prevent most people from feeling that they need to do every raid difficulty every week."

Are these idiots out of their minds? I know this will be draw trolls and the like but I am wondering if Blizz hired some of the SWOTR devs. I personally am a former hardcore raider. I raided almost every night in 4 different raid groups for a couple of years. I watched countless bads get into not only my guild but other guilds. They broke raids with bad play, shit excuses, not showing up, and the like. Some nights it felt like going to hell for 3-4 hours. Then, along came bads and their crying did some good.

Lfr and the alternate to raiding with unknown bads. Lfr you know what you are getting. Save up your tokens and get a chance at gear. Blizz listened to them and actually got something good for people that wanted some casual play and not want to put up with shit excuses. You could level an alt and get gear in 2-3 days of raiding and isle running.

Now, the dev team makes this statement. Do you think that the bads will not go ape shit? I know that you can't give something then take it away. Look at the crying over no flying. Good lord, one would think you broke into these peoples houses, killed their cats and dogs, raped, then killed their mothers. WTF. I know that by saying taking away the tier gear makes me look bad, however, it was an easy way to get gear and not have to listen to bullshit excuses about how someone couldn't see a flashing warning on the screen or how fire, no matter what color, was unknown to burn.

This apparent tough love by Blizz over flying and now lfr will be interesting. I mean they dumb down the game almost every patch. WoD won't be different. Changing stats, removing most of them, giving us the ability to recruit npcs to run and get us gear, and changing gemming and the like will make is so a greased monkey fucking a football could play this game. Oh, wait. They already are. They are farming my gold as we speak.

LFR is going to die. its that bloody simple. blizzard has decided to kill it off.
    LFR will only be ran once then everyone will just do heroic dungeons.
    idiot blizzard.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    LFR is going to die. its that bloody simple. blizzard has decided to kill it off.
    LFR is the most popular raiding they have by a country mile. It is odd they would make such drastic changes. Will be interesting to see how that will work out for them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not how to respond to this rant you have going on here. So let me ask you. What did you expect them to do? All the raiders were complaining under the sun that they were forced into running LFR for set bonuses and trinkets and also did not like the fact they had to run this with all the non-raiding people of the game. Had they simple done what they are going to do all the way back to DS in cata. They would have never has the normal raiders ever go into LFR in the first place. Now as one that stop raiding in the first tier of MoP.

I found how everyone was actin in the LFR appalling, raiders should have known better and understood what the were subject themselves to in the first place before entering the LFR. They were going into an environment with people that never raided all and expecting them to somehow preform on a mid to high level, that sure as hell was not going to happen and anyone that thought was going to happen was completely fooling themselves.

As a raider you have more responsibility to set the example, so others that never raid before can see how it is done and hope to strive to want to be better and hopefully want to take the next step into organize raiding. I am sure Blizzard was hoping that this is what going to happen or they would have changed the LFR long before this. What happen is instead the worse thing possible, raiders treat other people with little to no knowledge of raiding like a piece of crap and belittle them to know end, great job. All you people achieved is making the environment more toxic and eventually all the numb nuts had enough and did all sort of things, go afk, pull endless amounts of trash, go into a tantrum with someone that was suppose to no better.

So people like you OP want to blame this on the people that never raided before, instead of looking in the mirror as someone that actually had more impact in turning something that could have been used as first step raid teaching environment into crap. I have seen many people complaining for the last year or better about people not knowing their class. To me it seem the LFR would be a perfect environment to learn on the fly how to play a character and learn to play various specs, instead of going into the dungeon of 5 people or a normal or above raid content to learn. Had you many others treated as so, you could of helped to make some of these people want to get better and succeed and eventually want to join a raiding guild.

It is way easier to treat someone like crap, then it is to take the time to show them the way. This is an MMO, as such people look to others to give them a hand from time to time. I saw many people trying in the LFR, they really were trying to get better, unfortunately they people like yourself are the ones shouting at them in general chat and all that really does is turn people off and want to act like just much of an ass as you. You both go round and round for awhile only to either start right back to where you started or one or both leave. The other person learned nothing and you get to go complain about the noob in both guild and trade chat.

I am going to go as far as asking this. In your raid group are you even one of the best players or are you sitting around the middle to the bottom of the recount meter constantly. Bare with me here, were are going to do a bit of comparison here. We all know in a ten men raid team there can only truly be three people out of the ten that can truly be the best of the group. a tank, healer, and dps. If you are below them than would you be consider a person that knew their class to the utmost of you abilities, no because their is someone that is in the top three in another raid team that plays the class even better.

If you are one of the bottom seven in your raid group, then in reality you could be replaced on the team on a given day. Now you seven go into the LFR, you does side to treat people like crap for being at the bottom of the recount, probably where you sit on your raid team. Does your raid partners treat you like you treat the people in the LFR, I doubt it very much.

Now it does not matter if they are doing 20k and you do 300k. What matters is you both are sitting in the exact same place in both groupings. So by you yelling, screaming and completely going off the reservation on this person, you just showed him exactly why I stopped raiding at the beginning of MoP.

I stopped because of people like yourself that just need to whine, bitch, complain, and waste time on a raid night or are ones of those that commit to a schedule, but rarely show up on time for the raid and have to try to find a replacement for the night. Sometimes a replacement could be found other times not and the raid had to be cancelled after sitting around wasting time for an hour and half.

Other things that tend to jerk my chain were those people that expected someone to have flasks, potions, and food they never bothered to either help farm out the mats or make some for themselves. Some guilds have people designated to do these chores, other expect you to do for yourself, but the come with and excuse they got to busy to do it, fine, but they continue to do this and then just grow to expect that someone will always have something.

You know what I used to carry a stack of every type of food, on top of feast, every type of flask and potion just so we did not have to waste time having to go back in the middle of raid to buy some if we were short in the bank that week. I do not know how many hours I burned a week farming, it was a ton, but what I just described was what half of the raid team did each week, not show up with a thing to raid. This kind of thing happened in every guild I have been in since the beginning of cata. It never happened prior to that in BC and Wrath in the guild I was in or you simply did not raid, if you were ready to raid and completely pull your own weight. Everyone in that guild that raided had to farm something to help or make something so we had enough stuff to raid 3 nights week during our down time.

The guild I have been a part since Wrath always seem to have those that are completely lazy all they want to do is raid, but do nothing to support it. They also would be the first to whine, be late, not show up, beg, whatever. They always seem to be tolerated because they only good thing the could do is play their class. When you have a handful of people acting this way, it puts a strain on the rest that do what they are suppose to do, but seem to be the ones that get the short end of the stick for some reason. Raid turned into a chore having to support others, it got tiring constantly listening to them whine bitch and complain even if the were the cause of a wipe that they would try to put the wrap on someone else.

What I just describe, is probably not the norm and frankly I am not sure how I managed to get into so many of these guilds in the first place. I think it was because it would start out like it should each and every week only to go south sooner rather than later. All I knew, I was getting very tired of it and just quit. Now all I do is the LFR and that got turned to crap because people could not get along or try to extend a hand to others to help out and both sides blame the other, well I blame both of you for acting like spoiled little brats.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    LFR is the most popular raiding they have by a country mile. It is odd they would make such drastic changes. Will be interesting to see how that will work out for them.
    i have said in the past. since heroic dungeons will be = to LFR the only way to save LFR would be tier gear. since blizzard has decided to remove it. people are going to run it once then do heroic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have said in the past. since heroic dungeons will be = to LFR the only way to save LFR would be tier gear. since blizzard has decided to remove it. people are going to run it once then do heroic dungeons.
    LFR gear > heroic - did you even read the article? Fucking eh, just because Normal is balanced around heroic dungeon gear means shit all - that is currently how it is, yet people do LFR. Now people won't have to carry your ass for tier bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    LFR gear > heroic - did you even read the article? Fucking eh, just because Normal is balanced around heroic dungeon gear means shit all - that is currently how it is, yet people do LFR. Now people won't have to carry your ass for tier bonuses.
    you really expect people to do LFR if there is no tier gear? people will take the easier route no matter what. human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    idiot blizzard.
    LFR has a Higher Item Level than Heroic Dungeons, but all the good Raiders that carry LFR will no longer do it as we have no reason to run it anymore.

I can avoid it like the plague & use the other alternatives.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    idiot blizzard.
    Some will not be going into Heroic dungeon unless they can either get there own run together or pass the silver level of the proving ground, so they can then queue for them. Some these people will be hard pressed to make it past the proving grounds for at least while until they get enough gear to surpass it. By then heroic gear won't mean a thing. Blizzard is also a fool to think any of these people are going to get even into normal pug or group finder group. Like always the list will be long and the criteria of ilvl will be the road block of the day or by at least the gear the are wearing. They will be treated like people with the plague, because not other gear will look like the LFR nor have the same ilvl, so they won't be going other groups and have to resort to the LFR like a punishment from daddy Blizzard.

This fix of the loot table has more to with further marginalizing the player base and to further segregate from itself. It is like bread and water the two should have never been mixed together in the first place. Blizzard let this whole raider and non-raider experiment go on way to long. I know they were hoping some people that got to experience the LFR would turn to want to raid in a higher level, I am sure some did, but the most just say it for what it was, a complete waste of time after awhile. It was like the normal raid experience I had been seeing since the beginning of cata. I was not surprised when the LFR went in the tank and I knew it was doom from the start because Blizzard did same thing with the LFD. They decided not to put proper safeguards in place and in the end ended up with garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwannabefriends View Post
    "The devs think that these changes will be enough to prevent most people from feeling that they need to do every raid difficulty every week."

Are these idiots out of their minds? I know this will be draw trolls and the like but I am wondering if Blizz hired some of the SWOTR devs. I personally am a former hardcore raider. I raided almost every night in 4 different raid groups for a couple of years. I watched countless bads get into not only my guild but other guilds. They broke raids with bad play, shit excuses, not showing up, and the like. Some nights it felt like going to hell for 3-4 hours. Then, along came bads and their crying did some good.
    You already know what the answer is here, right: nobody is forcing you to do it, so there is no sympa-fuckin-thy for volun-fuckin-teers. If you want world #1, or even world #30, you put in the damn effort. Being skilled isn't enough if you don't make the effort, and somebody else will.

This change means you have to accept one of two things: one, accept that you are not actually #1 material unless the playing field is tilted in your direction by deliberately preventing people who have more drive to win than you do from competing at their best, or two, that you are going to have to work as hard as those people, or harder, as well as being as skilled or more so, to win.

Lfr and the alternate to raiding with unknown bads. Lfr you know what you are getting. Save up your tokens and get a chance at gear. Blizz listened to them and actually got something good for people that wanted some casual play and not want to put up with shit excuses. You could level an alt and get gear in 2-3 days of raiding and isle running.

Now, the dev team makes this statement. Do you think that the bads will not go ape shit? I know that you can't give something then take it away. Look at the crying over no flying. Good lord, one would think you broke into these peoples houses, killed their cats and dogs, raped, then killed their mothers. WTF. I know that by saying taking away the tier gear makes me look bad, however, it was an easy way to get gear and not have to listen to bullshit excuses about how someone couldn't see a flashing warning on the screen or how fire, no matter what color, was unknown to burn.
    I don't quite understand this, though. You opened with "hardcore raiders, like me, will totally feel forced to do this to compete", then tangent into a rant about how bad players came along and complained and then ... I honestly don't know. They got LFR so they no longer mess up your HC raiding, and the same people will be upset about that?

This apparent tough love by Blizz over flying and now lfr will be interesting. I mean they dumb down the game almost every patch. WoD won't be different. Changing stats, removing most of them, giving us the ability to recruit npcs to run and get us gear, and changing gemming and the like will make is so a greased monkey fucking a football could play this game. Oh, wait. They already are. They are farming my gold as we speak.
    ...and I notice a trend here: you complain they are removing all the stats, when they actually moved away from basic, mechanical "don't be shit" stats to things that actually take more thought to use effectively. You complain that they are dumbing down the game, because abilities changed and merged, when that happens every xpac.

All the complaints you make center around the same damn thing: I could pass this arbitrary, mechanical, low wall, so I felt good compared to people who couldn't. Now, suddenly, that wall isn't there, so I feel like I am no longer distinguished from the sheeple, and I don't know how to cope! Except, like, by being an HC raider and able to get the tier gear that they can't, and the gem sockets they can't, and so forth. *cough*

Also, am I reading you right: you are upset that tier is gone from LFR because you found it easier to get it that way than flex/normal mode raiding? O_o

"6.0 LFR ilvl is between Heroic dungeon and Normal raid, same as today."

Source: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...57185781067777

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Some will not be going into Heroic dungeon unless they can either get there own run together or pass the silver level of the proving ground, so they can then queue for them. Some these people will be hard pressed to make it past the proving grounds for at least while until they get enough gear to surpass it. By then heroic gear won't mean a thing. Blizzard is also a fool to think any of these people are going to get even into normal pug or group finder group. Like always the list will be long and the criteria of ilvl will be the road block of the day or by at least the gear the are wearing. They will be treated like people with the plague, because not other gear will look like the LFR nor have the same ilvl, so they won't be going other groups and have to resort to the LFR like a punishment from daddy Blizzard.

This fix of the loot table has more to with further marginalizing the player base and to further segregate from itself. It is like bread and water the two should have never been mixed together in the first place. Blizzard let this whole raider and non-raider experiment go on way to long. I know they were hoping some people that got to experience the LFR would turn to want to raid in a higher level, I am sure some did, but the most just say it for what it was, a complete waste of time after awhile. It was like the normal raid experience I had been seeing since the beginning of cata. I was not surprised when the LFR went in the tank and I knew it was doom from the start because Blizzard did same thing with the LFD. They decided not to put proper safeguards in place and in the end ended up with garbage.
    its not going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post

big fucking deal. if heroic dungeons are faster and easier regardless of ilvl. people will just do those.
    cata all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    LFR has a Higher Item Level than Heroic Dungeons, but all the good Raiders that carry LFR will no longer do it as we have no reason to run it anymore.

I can avoid it like the plague & use the other alternatives.
    if you dont like dont do it. its that simple.
    people need to learn self control.

its not going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

big fucking deal. if heroic dungeons are faster and easier regardless of ilvl. people will just do those.
    cata all over again

- - - Updated - - -

if you dont like dont do it. its that simple.
    people need to learn self control.
    Heroics are going to be harder than later cata heroics (HoT HCs and post-nerfed 4.0 HCs) and way more difficult than MoP Heroics. So a large majority of the LFR crowd (people who don't have time for raiding or people not good enough to do normal (today's flex)) won't be doing HCs, at least not successfully. LFR is much easier, has higher Ilvl, and they increased the drop rate of gear. I don't think the change is nearly as bad as people are trying to make it out to be.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2014-04-30 at 08:53 PM.

Heroics are going to be harder than later cata heroics (HoT HCs and post-nerfed 4.0 HCs) and way more difficult than MoP Heroics. So a large majority of the LFR crowd (people who don't have time for raiding or people not good enough to do normal (today's flex)) won't be doing HCs, at least not successfully. LFR is much easier, has higher Ilvl, and they increased the drop rate of gear. I don't think the change is nearly as bad as people are trying to make it out to be.
    WoD heroics will be heroic VP difficulty.
    LFR is not easier.

WoD heroics will be heroic VP difficulty.
    LFR is not easier.
    Not easier than LFR? LFR is a complete joke. The devs even said that LFR will be easier than WoD LFR, which is why it does not require silver proving grounds achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Clearly its not the raiding thats popular, but the rewards, which is why people are having a bitch fit

Not easier than LFR? LFR is a complete joke. The devs even said that LFR will be easier than WoD LFR, which is why it does not require silver proving grounds achievement.
    typical raider with blinders.

typical raider with blinders.
    How am I blind? Blizzard themselves have said that Heroic Dungeons will be more difficult than lfr, which is the reason it has a prerequisite to queue for it. This is fact.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Yea, it will be between and those wearing will be treat like outcast. Would be better just to run the Heroic Dungeon if they plan on trying to use the group finder tool or try to get in to a normal raid group, it will save them a ton of heartache in the end. If they were going to go this far they might as well and scrapped the LFR for good and save a lot of people both time and being treated like they have the plague.

Not everyone that goes in the LFR and does not organize raid is a shit head, some of us just really enjoy not having to no long commit to a raid schedule or be forced to take care of others or wait on them hand and foot. We also dislike having to wait endless amounts of minutes and hours for people to show and then find out we wasted our evening and we will again in a couple days. This has been my experience of organized raiding since the beginning cata. I got tired of people wasting my time. Then I started doing the LFR and had both these people and the numb nuts together wasting more of my time, so I just stop going in altogether. So since their are no dungeons to grind other than the extremely old ones. I stopped playing for the first time in 9 years, still have 3 months of game time, but there is need to or desire to login and have to deal with both sides of the numb nuts.

How am I blind? Blizzard themselves have said that Heroic Dungeons will be more difficult than lfr, which is the reason it has a prerequisite to queue for it. This is fact.
    your point is what? i fully expect people complain about them and the heroics to be nerfed. the PG wont do a damn thing in my opinion, people will still troll for the fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Yea, it will be between and those wearing will be treat like outcast. Would be better just to run the Heroic Dungeon if they plan on trying to use the group finder tool or try to get in to a normal raid group, it will save them a ton of heartache in the end. If they were going to go this far they might as well and scrapped the LFR for good and save a lot of people both time and being treated like they have the plague.

Not everyone that goes in the LFR and does not organize raid is a shit head, some of us just really enjoy not having to no long commit to a raid schedule or be forced to take care of others or wait on them hand and foot. We also dislike having to wait endless amounts of minutes and hours for people to show and then find out we wasted our evening and we will again in a couple days. This has been my experience of organized raiding since the beginning cata. I got tired of people wasting my time. Then I started doing the LFR and had both these people and the numb nuts together wasting more of my time, so I just stop going in altogether. So since their are no dungeons to grind other than the extremely old ones. I stopped playing for the first time in 9 years, still have 3 months of game time, but there is need to or desire to login and have to deal with both sides of the numb nuts.
    i am reading MMO champ forums and the WoW forums.
    there is a lot of backlash on the WoW forums for every 1 person that likes this change there is 3-5 people who hate it that will be unsubbing. mmo champion not so much seems almost evenly dived.