Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Definitely hitting harder now. 100k +/- 10%.

I'm pretty satisfied that everything is working mechanically now. I'm going to forgo any more extensive testing until we start to see more of the gear for next tier, get some numbers tuning, and an understanding of Resolve.

On a side note, I'm mildly surprised at the relative power of food, flasks and pots in WoD.

In MoP, Stam food added <1% to my Stam. Stam flask added 3.1%. Strength potion added 16% to my Strength.

In WoD, Stam food will add 11.5% to my Stam. Flask will add 10%. Strength potion will add 64% to my Strength.

Granted I am using the same set of gear, just post-squish. But I really doubt we will be down to the same percentages at the end of WoD. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Definitely hitting harder now. 100k +/- 10%.

I'm pretty satisfied that everything is working mechanically now. I'm going to forgo any more extensive testing until we start to see more of the gear for next tier, get some numbers tuning, and an understanding of Resolve.

On a side note, I'm mildly surprised at the relative power of food, flasks and pots in WoD.

In MoP, Stam food added <1% to my Stam. Stam flask added 3.1%. Strength potion added 16% to my Strength.

In WoD, Stam food will add 11.5% to my Stam. Flask will add 10%. Strength potion will add 64% to my Strength.

Granted I am using the same set of gear, just post-squish. But I really doubt we will be down to the same percentages at the end of WoD. Could be wrong though.

Thanks for helping me out!

I wouldn't take the potion/flask/food numbers seriously, they likely just haven't been adjusted yet.

Possibly.

Wowhead shows Greater Draenor Stamina Flask with 193 Stam on the WoD site and 750 Stam on the Live site, while the food is the same on both sites, 225 Stam. I was using the 193 number in my calcs earlier. I won't worry about too much, sure wish we would get a Beta build.

Any idea if the Armor food/flask/pot will count as Bonus Armor? Because if it does, I imagine that is the only thing we will be using.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Possibly.

Wowhead shows Greater Draenor Stamina Flask with 193 Stam on the WoD site and 750 Stam on the Live site, while the food is the same on both sites, 225 Stam. I was using the 193 number in my calcs earlier. I won't worry about too much, sure wish we would get a Beta build.

Any idea if the Armor food/flask/pot will count as Bonus Armor? Because if it does, I imagine that is the only thing we will be using.
    Not a clue about the armor thing, we'll find out later I guess.

Deleted
    Simulationcraft currently hardcodes food values to MoP level. Flasks and potions use Blizzard's own data, so what Simulationcraft has, is what in game has in the technical alpha. Food looks like it's squished in the client data, but I doubt we will be hardcoding most of the food stuff anymore, since we can use the client data to compute it automatically. That being said, the in game values are (currently) massively overbudget it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    Simulationcraft currently hardcodes food values to MoP level. Flasks and potions use Blizzard's own data, so what Simulationcraft has, is what in game has in the technical alpha. Food looks like it's squished in the client data, but I doubt we will be hardcoding most of the food stuff anymore, since we can use the client data to compute it automatically. That being said, the in game values are (currently) massively overbudget it seems.
    ^ The secret evil genius behind most of simc.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Not a clue about the armor thing, we'll find out later I guess.
    Considering how much they want to keep secondary stats useful as both offense and defense for tanks, my guess is if they do have armor food/flask (and have other secondary stats as flask/food options) then it would give attack power too. It's entirely possible they won't add short term armor pots though, or if they do then they won't behave like bonus armor because it's effectively an item-based offensive CD and they might not be keen on that.

Still definitely worth asking on Twitter or the forums though.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2014-05-21 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Only Bonus Armor gives AP, not armor itself. So armor elixirs/pots won't give any offensive bonus, just the defensive physical damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    There is nothing wrong with reforging out of hit on one piece and into it on another, if it means you're going to be tighter to the hit cap when it's all finished. His reforge looks mostly fine to me. As a matter of preference, I still go for strength socket bonuses on my prot warrior, simply for the parry conversion and it's more overall stats. That parry won't convert for Riposte into crit, but it will still help proc Revenge, and it just means I pick up a little bit more Stamina, which isn't a bad thing. But that's a very minor difference and I may be incorrect in terms of absolute min/max.

As for OP's question, you might want to check out the 6.0 Protection thread.

It looks like Mastery is going to be very strong, giving us more damage and smooth mitigation/damage intake. I don't see them moving away from Shield Block being the bread and butter of Prot Warriors.

Multistirke might be good, depending how the healing changes work out and how often tanks are sitting below max hp.

Armor seems to be a stat they want all tanks to take, but I could see where we might optimize other stats and just take the 5% bonus mitigation talent when we feel like we need it. That said, on taunt-swapping fights, Ravager's parry component will make it hard to pass up, and we might not be taking the 5% mitigation as often as we think.

Unsure about Haste and Readiness. Haste speeding up Shield Slam seems a bit off when we already have Sword and Board. Readiness will be a bit like the Malkorok vial, where some fights it's pretty nice to have those cooldowns more quickly, and some fights it's really not that helpful.
    Thank you for the advice. It has been almost 2 weeks since I posted and I apologize about that! My gear set got some upgrades since the post, so I am happy about that. And I liked mastery this patch with the self heals (from 2pc) and dmg being smoothed so easily but the dps is just horrid. Thanks again guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You got legendary meta gem in 3 weeks? How?
    Just did the quest and got lucky lol.....

I got this warrior geared in under 3 weeks for heroics for my guild. I used my free 90 boost from the preorder, so I guess this warrior has brought luck to my life in wow lol... But now I am stuck on titan runestones...

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Only Bonus Armor gives AP, not armor itself. So armor elixirs/pots won't give any offensive bonus, just the defensive physical damage reduction.
    That runs into an issue of other stats and thus their elixirs/flasks being good for both defense and offense, so it's entirely possible that some tanks won't bother with armor elixirs if we can get better overall defense and offense from a different stat or two. If Blizz stays consistent with their latest stat philosophy (big if, I know) then they'd need the long duration buffs from elixirs/flasks/food to provide bonus armor and thus AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    That runs into an issue of other stats and thus their elixirs/flasks being good for both defense and offense, so it's entirely possible that some tanks won't bother with armor elixirs if we can get better overall defense and offense from a different stat or two. If Blizz stays consistent with their latest stat philosophy (big if, I know) then they'd need the long duration buffs from elixirs/flasks/food to provide bonus armor and thus AP.
    I know some paladins went with armor/haste, and I think druids took armor/crit, but that's about it. Armor elixirs, and pots, generally went unused this expansion outside of those two classes.

We'll see. My bet is that food/flasks/pots will all provide Bonus Armor and will therefore be highly desirable by tanks. Of course, this is all speculation. I've hit Celestalon up on twitter about it but no response yet. Someone should get Theck to ask, I know those tweets get read.

Deleted
    If it doesn't work as bonus armor, it doesn't make much sense from a design pov. It will very likely count as Bonus.