Thread: Gear in arenas

Gear in arenas

Hello,

I remember reading some months ago that they finally will remove gear differences in arenas – that everyone will have the same options like in arena servers for tournaments. Then I think it might've been cancelled.

Does anyone know what is the current status and whether it is final?

I haven't been playing for a long time and if the change would be made, I'd return to play. (just enjoy playing arenas and would have no time to grind gear or do anything else..)

Thanks and sorry if there's already related topic, searched but couldn't find one.

I believe that idea was floated for the Trial of the Gladiator mode, but they decided to leave Arenas as they are so it's not happening as far as I know.

Regarding WoD PVP gear:

There will be 3 levels of gear. An entry level set (similar to honor gear today), a mid level set (between honor and conquest) and finally the high end set (conquest).

Random bgs and such will award chests that are either bronze, silver or gold depending on how well your team does and how well you contribute, win or loss. These chests can contain random goods, armour pieces, honor, conquest points or gold etc.

You get the entry level set of gear relatively fast, apparently almost as fast as 1 piece per battleground. This means that you're not too far behind people who've already geared. You then get the middle set of gear from bgs and skirmishes, in your chests etc. Conquest gear will be earned through ranked arena and gold chests.

Skirmishes - unranked solo-queueable arena matches
    Ranked - Same as today